Sorry, Mr. Franklin, “We’re All Democrats Now”

ChristisKing

Really, you haven't read how strictly seperate the Levites were?

Really, you haven't read how strictly seperate the Levites were?

Nineveh said:
C'mon now, isn't that a reach? :)

Their entire culture revolved around God. Even their alphabet was believed to be "holy".

Really, you haven't read how strictly seperate the Levites were from the other ruling tribes?

NUM 1:47 But the Levites after the tribe of their fathers were not numbered among them.
NUM 1:51 And when the tabernacle setteth forward, the Levites shall take it down: and when the tabernacle is to be pitched, the Levites shall set it up: and the stranger that cometh nigh shall be put to death.
NUM 1:53 But the Levites shall pitch round about the tabernacle of testimony, that there be no wrath upon the congregation of the children of Israel: and the Levites shall keep the charge of the tabernacle of testimony.
NUM 2:33 But the Levites were not numbered among the children of Israel; as the LORD commanded Moses.
NUM 3:12 And I, behold, I have taken the Levites from among the children of Israel instead of all the firstborn that openeth the matrix among the children of Israel: therefore the Levites shall be mine;

There are literally thousands of verses like this, they were completely seperate!

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Are you missing all the sacrifices to God the people did? Their whole culture was saturated with God. They were "God's people". How on earth can you honestly make the claim "God's people" seperated "church from state" by using priests from "God's people" as an example? God set them asside as the priests. Can you honestly argue setting apart priests of God's people was seperating the "spiritual life" (which God ordained) from thier "civil life" (which God ordained) or the justice system (which God ordained)?

ChristisKing

Always a seperation of Church and state but never a seperation of God and state.

Always a seperation of Church and state but never a seperation of God and state.

Nineveh said:
Are you missing all the sacrifices to God the people did? Their whole culture was saturated with God. They were "God's people". How on earth can you honestly make the claim "God's people" seperated "church from state" by using priests from "God's people" as an example? God set them asside as the priests. Can you honestly argue setting apart priests of God's people was seperating the "spiritual life" (which God ordained) from thier "civil life" (which God ordained) or the justice system (which God ordained)?

You are missing a very important point, I didn't say there was seperation of God and state, I said Church and state. There should never ever be a seperation of God and state or God and anything else. God rules over Church and state and both are accountable to Him.

That's the way our founders set-up America as well, always a seperation of Church and state but never a seperation of God and state.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
ChristisKing said:
You are missing a very important point, I didn't say there was seperation of God and state, I said Church and state. There should never ever be a seperation of God and state or God and anything else. God rules over Church and state and both are accountable to Him.

However you need to see "God's chosen people".

That's the way our founders set-up America as well, always a seperation of Church and state but never a seperation of God and state.

There is no seperation of Chruch and state. That fallacy has lead to a total denial of God anywhere in public society.

The founders didn't want a state sponsored Church. They felt the Gospel would be hindered by such a thing.

ChristisKing

billwald said:
"There is no seperation of Chruch and state. "

There is now because we are governed by case law.

I think we not only have a godly seperation of Church and State but an ungodly seperation of God and State.

simply one

I was turned off after reading the first few sentences, that we live in a pure democracy. If this was a pure democracy, then: 1) Bush, who lost by 500,000 votes in 2000 would have never made it to office (and our country would be in better shape) and 2) republicans wouldn't be so focused on redistricting to ensure their super-majority

drbrumley

simply one said:
I was turned off after reading the first few sentences, that we live in a pure democracy. If this was a pure democracy, then: 1) Bush, who lost by 500,000 votes in 2000 would have never made it to office (and our country would be in better shape) and 2) republicans wouldn't be so focused on redistricting to ensure their super-majority
:down: :banned: