God is an Environmentalist

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Revelation 11:18 contains a warning for those who "destroy the earth." With two Category 5 hurricanes hitting the USA in one year--which has never happened before--we are reaping what we have sown. Global warming and climate change are coming upon us with a vengeance (Hosea 8:7).

The time is now for us to act to heal the environment, for if things get much worse we may cross a point of no return.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Revelation 11:18 contains a warning for those who "destroy the earth." With two Category 5 hurricanes hitting the USA in one year--which has never happened before--we are reaping what we have sown. Global warming and climate change are coming upon us with a vengeance (Hosea 8:7).

The time is now for us to act to heal the environment, for if things get much worse we may cross a point of no return.
Global warming is a fallacy, a scam, a hoax, a charade.

Truster

He can't be because, He is Holy. He is separate from the environment and has condemned the entire creation (environment) to melt in fervent heat.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Oh no, it musta been man's activities that ended the ice age.

Answered here: https://youtu.be/r7aZ6vqCk2E?t=11m57s

How did CO2 levels go from a Cambrian high of 7000 parts per million to a Quaternary low of about 180 parts per million? Well, that's easy because the answer can be looked up in any good geology textbook. Carbon dioxide was removed over time through chemical weathering. This is a process by which CO2 and water from the atmosphere make carbonic acid, which reacts with rock minerals to form carbonates. The most common reaction is with calcium silicates making calcium carbonate. This gets washed out to sea, where it eventually sinks and forms a sedimentary rock called limestone. Carbon was also taken out of the atmosphere by living organisms and buried as coal and oil. The removal of atmospheric CO2 over 200 million years brought the concentration down to a low point during the Carboniferous. Then over a few million years it went shooting back up again, thanks to a flood basalt event called the Siberian Traps. A flood basalt is caused by a weak area of crust that sends out thousands of cubic miles of molten rock, in this case covering a large amount of Siberia. That event, along with other forms of volcanism, released huge amounts of CO2. It's important to note that the buildup of CO2 sent temperatures soring. At the end of it, there was a mass extinction event, wiping out 90% of the species on earth. Some researchers have found evidence that the earth became so warm that it caused methane hydrates on the sea floor to vaporize, adding even more CO2 and accelerating the warming. Then the process of weathering out the CO2 from the atmosphere began again, causing the atmosphere to cool back down.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
He can't be because, He is Holy. He is separate from the environment and has condemned the entire creation (environment) to melt in fervent heat.

"As the redeemed of the earth, our motivation to care for the land is even higher than that of the evolutionist, the Buddhist, or the advocate of the New Age. Jesus has redeemed all of the effects of the curse, including our relationship with God, our relationship with other people, and our relationship with the creation (1 Cor. 15:21-22, Rom. 5:12-21). Although the heavens and the earth will eventually be destroyed, we should still work for healing now." -- https://bible.org/article/christian-environmentalism

Truster

"As the redeemed of the earth, our motivation to care for the land is even higher than that of the evolutionist, the Buddhist, or the advocate of the New Age. Jesus has redeemed all of the effects of the curse, including our relationship with God, our relationship with other people, and our relationship with the creation (1 Cor. 15:21-22, Rom. 5:12-21). Although the heavens and the earth will eventually be destroyed, we should still work for healing now." -- https://bible.org/article/christian-environmentalism

I didn't follow the link because I can tell that you have been deceived. Kindly keep your heresy to yourself. Your scriptures need twisting out of all recognition to support your lies.

Epoisses

The earth with everything in it is being reserved for fire at the judgment of the great day of God. You can't save the earth. You can't save yourself. And you can't save a single solitary person. Did you know that? You've been watching too many super hero movies where they think they can save everyone. This is what lost sinners do - try to save everyone. Jesus already saved the world and he did it without you.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
You can't save yourself. And you can't save a single solitary person. Did you know that?

I have three scripture verses which say differently:

Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee. (1 Timothy 4:16 KJV)

Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins. (James 5:20 KJV)

And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. (Jude 1:23 KJV)​

Last edited:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I didn't follow the link because I can tell that you have been deceived. Kindly keep your heresy to yourself. Your scriptures need twisting out of all recognition to support your lies.

Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

Truster

Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

My peace is unaffected by anything you might falsely accuse me of. The Almighty knows my intents, my thoughts and is aware of my each and every deed. Amen

If the Almighty were an environmentalist why would He be going to cause the heavens and earth to melt in fervent heat? Why did He destroy the earth and every living thing in the days of Noah.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

In Rev 11:18 the word for 'earth' in Greek is 'ge' which can be translated 'earth' or 'land' depending on the understanding of the translator.

Perhaps the word would have been better translated 'land'... the land of Israel.

Not being dogmatic... just a thought.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
In Rev 11:18 the word for 'earth' in Greek is 'ge' which can be translated 'earth' or 'land' depending on the understanding of the translator.

Perhaps the word would have been better translated 'land'... the land of Israel.

Not being dogmatic... just a thought.

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible offers the following commentary regarding the passage in question:

"And shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth; or "corrupt it"; meaning antichrist and his followers; who destroy the bodies, souls, and estates of men, and not only the inhabitants of the earth, but even the earth itself; for through that laziness and idleness which they spread wherever they come, a fruitful country is turned into barrenness..."​

Also, compare Psalm 9:17 with 2 Chronicles 7:14.

Truster

I have three scripture verses which say differently:

Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee. (1 Timothy 4:16 KJV)

Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins. (James 5:20 KJV)

And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. (Jude 1:23 KJV)​

These scriptures need to be taken in context. For instance, Timothy was a converted man and so based on that piece of information "save thyself" must be understood in another context from the one you are proposing.

The same applies to the other two scriptures.

If man can eternally save himself there would be no need of the Holy Spirit...

Last edited:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible offers the following commentary regarding the passage in question:

"And shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth; or "corrupt it"; meaning antichrist and his followers; who destroy the bodies, souls, and estates of men, and not only the inhabitants of the earth, but even the earth itself; for through that laziness and idleness which they spread wherever they come, a fruitful country is turned into barrenness..."​

Also, compare Psalm 9:17 with 2 Chronicles 7:14.

Thank you.

2Chronicles 7:14 specifically concerns the nation of Israel per the blessings and curses of Deuteronomy.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
2Chronicles 7:14 specifically concerns the nation of Israel per the blessings and curses of Deuteronomy.

So are you saying that "the nations that forget God" will not be "turned into hell"; or conversely that even if nations "humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways" that God will not "forgive their sin and heal their land" (i.e., environment)" beause all of that only applies to the nation of Israel?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
So are you saying that "the nations that forget God" will not be "turned into hell"; or conversely that even if nations "humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways" that God will not "forgive their sin and heal their land" (i.e., environment)" beause all of that only applies to the nation of Israel?

Scripture should be read in its context.

One can plug no one but the nation of Israel into 2 Chronicles 7:14 literally.
In principle there may be wider applications.

GOD built for Himself a nation and excluded the nations/gentiles.
Whenever one sees circumcision vs uncircumcision in Stcripture, it should inform one that GOD is dealing with the world in 'time past', according to Paul.

Eph 2:11* Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;*
Eph 2:12* That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:*

During the time of 2Chron 7:14 everyone but the circumcised of Israel were aliens and without GOD in the world.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Scripture should be read in its context.

One can plug no one but the nation of Israel into 2 Chronicles 7:14 literally.
In principle there may be wider applications.

The principle is what I am referring to.