Hypocrite Bernie Sanders blames Trump for Charlotteville violence.

jeffblue101

Hypocrite Bernie Sanders blames Trump for Charlotteville violence, then deletes tweet hoping nobody saw his blatant hypocrisy.

Sanderss.jpg

http://www.redstate.com/bradslager/...is-bears-no-responsibility-shooting-follower/
It is with utter obliviousness that Bernie Sanders would even dare enter these waters. In June we all recall that Steve Scalise, and a number of other participants and security, came under fire from James Hodgkinson, who deliberately targeted GOP Congressman with the intent to kill.

Hodgkinson was an avowed leftist, and a former campaign worker for the Bernie Sanders Presidential effort. Telling that he had not been subjected to the incessant drumbeat of media players declaring boldly and loudly that he was directly responsible for that shooting.

Then again, Sanders is probably operating from the standpoint that he is safe from such journalistic reprisals. He is probably correct in doing so.

gcthomas

And Bernie would be right ...

He's the President— of course he has some responsibility, especially when he has employed senior alt-right conspiracy theorists into his inner circle, and when he has repeatedly given succour to the far-right groups by his stupid and embarrassing Twitter habit..

That he had to be forced to read a scripted 'condemnation' on TV only goes to reinforce any suspicions as to who has his ear.

gcthomas

Trump also bears responsibility for cutting funding to the bodies that would fight the rise of the far right white supremacist groups.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ting-white-supremacy-rally-riot-a7894271.html

Charlottesville: Donald Trump quietly slashed funds to groups fighting white supremacy months ago

US President's decision to freeze funds facing fresh scrutiny in wake of deadly nationalist violence in Virginia

Donald Trump's decision to slash funding to counter right-wing extremism in the US is facing fresh scrutiny in the wake of the Charlottesville violence that left three people dead.

The US President froze $10 million (£7.7m) of grants destined to fight violent extremism in the US back in May.

More than 30 organisations had been pegged by former President Barack Obama’s office to receive the funding, but the White House put the grants on hold pending review soon after Mr Trump took office.

Among those approved were local governments, city police departments, universities and non-profit organisations fighting all forms of violent extremism in the US.

Former white supremacist Chuck Leek, who has since become a volunteer with Life After Hate - one of the organisations that was due to receive government funding - warned at the time that white supremacy in the US was becoming more active.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He's the President— of course he has some responsibility, especially when he has employed senior alt-right conspiracy theorists into his inner circle, and when he has repeatedly given succour to the far-right groups by his stupid and embarrassing Twitter habit..

That he had to be forced to read a scripted 'condemnation' on TV only goes to reinforce any suspicions as to who has his ear.

The truth of the matter is that Trump has EMBOLDENED these lowlifes to come out of the darkness. They see Trump as being one of them ... because HE has, by virtue of his silence, condoned their beliefs, actions and existence.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The truth of the matter is that Trump has EMBOLDENED these lowlifes to come out of the darkness. They see Trump as being one of them ... because HE has, by virtue of his silence, condoned their beliefs, actions and existence.
The left and especially Bernie, condone lowlifes that shoot rifles at Congressmen

gcthomas

The left and especially Bernie, condone lowlifes that shoot rifles at Congressmen

Yeah, that nasty Sanders "condoned" the shooter with this language, immediately after the shooting, on the floor of the Senate:
"I have just been informed that the alleged shooter at the Republican baseball practice is someone who apparently volunteered on my presidential campaign," Sanders said.
"I am sickened by this despicable act. Let me be as clear as I can be. Violence of any kind is unacceptable in our society and I condemn this action in the strongest possible terms," he said. "Real change can only come about through nonviolent action, and anything else runs against our most deeply held American values."

jeffblue101

Yeah, that nasty Sanders "condoned" the shooter with this language, immediately after the shooting, on the floor of the Senate:
I have just been informed that the alleged shooter at the Republican baseball practice is someone who apparently volunteered on my presidential campaign," Sanders said.
"I am sickened by this despicable act. Let me be as clear as I can be. Violence of any kind is unacceptable in our society and I condemn this action in the strongest possible terms," he said. "Real change can only come about through nonviolent action, and anything else runs against our most deeply held American values."

Vs Trump
We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence, on many sides. On many sides. It's been going on for a long time in our country. Not Donald Trump, not Barack Obama. This has been going on for a long, long time.

But yet hypocritic Sanders blames Trump despite using similar language.

jeffblue101

I also want to point out that Sanders never exclusively singled out left wing hatred instead he condemned violence in the broadest terms just like Trump did.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Show where Trump directly courted KKK members?

Just because Bannon, Miller and Gorka use the term alt-right, doesn't mean they are less corrosive and sinister than the KKK. Let's not forget Flynn.

gcthomas

Vs Trump

But yet hypocritic Sanders blames Trump despite using similar language.

Sanders quote comes minutes after he heard of the violence, while Trump took several days to deliver a tight lipped and clearly scripted speech. There's a clear blue water difference there.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sanders quote comes minutes after he heard of the violence, while Trump took several days to deliver a tight lipped and clearly scripted speech. There's a clear blue water difference there.

Not to mention that the *only* reason Trump came back to condemn the white nationalist thugs was because he was pressured to do so ...

jeffblue101

Not to mention that the *only* reason Trump came back to condemn the white nationalist thugs was because he was pressured to do so ...

Show me in his original statement where he left off white nationalists. He clearly condemn all acts of violence on all sides just like Samders did.

jeffblue101

Factually inaccurate, Trump's original statement came the same day and had similar language and scope that Sanders used.

gcthomas

Factually inaccurate, Trump's original statement came the same day and had similar language and scope that Sanders used.

Facts, eh?

Sanders said at the time "I have just been informed that the alleged shooter at the Republican baseball practice is someone who apparently volunteered on my presidential campaign, I am sickened by this despicable act." He owned the shooter and specifically rejected that specific person's behaviour.

Trump's first statement was the wholly vague: "We ALL must be united & condemn all that hate stands for. There is no place for this kind of violence in America. Lets come together as one!"

Second was: "We condemn in the strong possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides."

Then: "We must remember this truth: No matter our color, creed, religion or political party, we are ALL AMERICANS FIRST",

followed by "Deepest condolences to the families & fellow officers of the VA State Police who died today. You're all among the best this nation produces"

and "Condolences to the family of the young woman killed today, and best regards to all of those injured, in Charlottesville, Virginia. So sad!"

Two days later was the all inclusive "Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including KKK, Neo-Nazis, White Supremacists, and other hate groups are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans. Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike at the very core of America.", which managed to avoid any focus on the white supremacist ideologues involved.

Next day, he reads the scripted through gritted teeth. So no, your claim is wrong. Trump's comments repeatedly failed to condemn the white-supremacist Nazi sympathising ideology of the murderer.