ECT IS THERE REALLY ONLY ONE GOSPEL ??

Nang

TOL Subscriber
God doesn't do for us what we can do for ourselves.

Such thinking is a direct and blatant denial of the purpose and Gospel of Jesus Christ.

He came as the Lord from Heaven, and assumed flesh, strictly to do for us (His elect brethren) what we could NOT DO for ourselves . . that is, keep the Old Covenant Law.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Such thinking is a direct and blatant denial of the purpose and Gospel of Jesus Christ.

He came as the Lord from Heaven, and assumed flesh, strictly to do for us (His elect brethren) what we could NOT DO for ourselves . . that is, keep the Old Covenant Law.

No problem, I don't keep the old covenant law anyway.

But the law wasn't the issue, healing was the issue.

Interplanner

That is a might curious john w, why these one gospel folks are preaching the gospel but not healing everyone....

Luke 9:6 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:6) And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

Acts 5:12-16 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:12) ¶ And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch. (5:13) And of the rest durst no man join himself to them: but the people magnified them. (5:14) And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.) (5:15) Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid [them] on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them. (5:16) There came also a multitude [out] of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.

Perhaps they lack faith.

No, the grammar means that he did the one thing and also the other. It does not mean there is a doctrinal overlap of the two. I have never heard such an ignorant observation here in quite a while.

He did a mass of healings to give people a taste of heaven, and because it was written in the prophets, and because it provides 'enough' proof (Heb 2), as in Mk 2's double-level miracle.

Please spend 10x reading the text more than you post.

musterion

Are you SDA? I'm guessing you are but you know you can't possibly admit it. Nobody but SDAs listen to Doug Bachelor, their current champion of da sabbath.

Right Divider

Body part
No, the grammar means that he did the one thing and also the other. It does not mean there is a doctrinal overlap of the two. I have never heard such an ignorant observation here in quite a while.
:juggle:
When Peter and the gang were preaching "the gospel", they healed EVERYONE.

Why don't you do that?

He did a mass of healings to give people a taste of heaven, and because it was written in the prophets, and because it provides 'enough' proof (Heb 2), as in Mk 2's double-level miracle.
You're very close: THEY did mass healing because there will be NO sickness in the KINGDOM of heaven!

Please spend 10x reading the text more than you post.
Please learn something sometime.

Danoh

Are you SDA? I'm guessing you are but you know you can't possibly admit it. Nobody but SDAs listen to Doug Bachelor, their current champion of da sabbath.

To reiterate...

You'd be surprised how well informed on many various ministries and their doctrines many a MAD outside of TOL is.

Your often "one size fits all" is blinding you, once more.

Am presently reading a work by SDA's E.G. White, myself.

Regarding the SDAs as a movement; one can learn much from them about the OT/NT one might not have considered.

Their confusion as Adventists winds them up so focused on the OT/NT as sort of pseudo-Israelites, that they end up bringing out things at times that would often be very sound were such things allowed to describe/be allowed to address who such things actually belong to - Israel*.

As for Interplanner; his beliefs are obviously more along the line of a strain within Reformed Theology (which is what his Partial Preterism, more or less, is).

More or less, in that, from what I have observed, he obviously holds to points of departure from Partial Preterism he has arrived at on his own.

No need to characterize the guy beyond the obvious just because his views and opposition are so obviously his own odd mix of this and that.

His conclusions and assertions expose his mis-fires and there source all on their own, more than adequately.

Rom. 5:8

* Just goes to show once more that this side of "that which is perfect" The Spirit now reveals His Will through The Scripture - even to the lost and or confused.

What such read into said revelations is the culprit.

As in "So then, Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God" BUT Israel both failed to Believe Moses' writings, and changed his intended meanings, in their ignorance, Rom. 10, John 5.

Acts 17:11,12

Interplanner

:juggle:
When Peter and the gang were preaching "the gospel", they healed EVERYONE.

Why don't you do that?

You're very close: THEY did mass healing because there will be NO sickness in the KINGDOM of heaven!

Please learn something sometime.

You really don't understand. There is no automatic connection to healing. Not everyone is healed. It is never a core doctrine of the kingdom of God. Heb 2 answers everything: there were signs and wonders at the start to launch it, there does not need to be now. Because it is launched.

Interplanner

What is the question of the OP? I happened to hear the expression 'spiritual Israel' one day on a radio program so I listened in.

Since you are so incompentent and obsessive, you call that 'following.' You do that with proportions of things in the Bible, too.

musterion

What is the question of the OP? I happened to hear the expression 'spiritual Israel' one day on a radio program so I listened in.

Since you are so incompentent and obsessive, you call that 'following.' You do that with proportions of things in the Bible, too.

Did you ever tell us when the locust-eaten years were restored, along with all that entails?

DAN P

The OP is confusing the different dispensations (and adding some) with the overriding fact that none from any dispensation for the living, can be saved except through the blood of Christ, the one gospel of Christ.

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

LA

Hi and in Heb 9:15 and this passage has to do with Israel ONLY !!

Read Rom 3:25 , will help you here !

The blood that Jesus shed on the cross were for the Redemption of the transgression under the FIRST COVENANT and those sins covered 1600 years !!~

God will still call out Jews for Him self and the verb is in the Perfect tense and means that God will be calling them out in the Great Tribulation !!

dan p