chrysostom

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Have you noticed that among the hard right there's this peculiar tendency to myopic focus and concern? For instance, the state has an interest in happy, productive citizens. Marriage, with or without children, promotes both. Married people tend to be happier.

I have never bought into the *concerns*. It comes down to hating a group of individuals and targeting them with the hopes they will be unable to achieve happiness.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
most of us don't understand lawyer talk
I'm utilizing logic and a fairly straight forward vocabulary.

- we just understand that bad judges seem to be protecting two guys living together but not the unborn baby
First, stop promoting yourself as a spokesman for others unless you've been elected. Beyond that, for the who knows how many times (as many as you fail to address or rebut it) judges protect the rights of individuals, you and me and the next fellow, no matter how acrimoniously involved you make yourself known to be over how some use their rights.

We agree that abortion is a stain on the nation and the Court.

- we do understand who is putting these judges on the court
You don't appear to, since the Republicans supplied the majority for Roe that gave us abortion in the first place. And what Republican president, with or without a majority in Congress, has ever shepherded a challenge to the constitutionality of Roe by legislative process since?

just look at the four liberals clinton and obama put there - that is all you really need to know
All a simpleton needs is a label to be satisfied. Are you simple or just playing at it the way you did with humility before the "lawyer talk" business?

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
black fathers matter
- A necessary ingredient
- where are the fathers - in jail - keep them in the home - not in jail -

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
black fathers matter
- A necessary ingredient
- where are the fathers - in jail - keep them in the home - not in jail -

Agreed. So ... now with Sessions as the AG, how likely do you think it is they will be allowed to stay home. We KNOW that Sessions has a history of racism.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
men do have free will
That should be the cutoff.

You mean "but". You were really showing your "but" there, not your "and."

they are accommodating - they will leave when asked to - most of the time
So, for those playing at home, Republicans didn't give us Roe except by accommodating the Democrats with nominees who would fail conservative principle and men are mostly accommodating women.

Liberals and women, the bane of chry's existence and the Vandals of modern history. :rolleyes:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
this guy won't leave until he has the last word
Nah. I've given it to you before, and to Sod, Stripe, all sorts of people. When I'm discussing something with a person and they keep repeating the same notes without really addressing rebuttal I inevitably tip hat and move on.

But if you want the thread to yourself and those you're comfortable hearing objections from just say so.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the reason the fathers are not there
-is-
the mothers have to get rid of them to get money from the government
-
unintended consequences

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
the reason the fathers are not there
-is-
the mothers have to get rid of them to get money from the government
-
unintended consequences

Seriously ... you wish to blame anyone BUT the fathers for not being available ...

Here's a clue: any father who TRULY wishes to be available, will be. IF they walk away, their child/children never had a father in the first place.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
who do you blame when they get pregnant?

I don't blame either of them. To blame them would be to indicate that pregnancy is a bad thing. Insofar as who is *responsible* for the pregnancy, BOTH. Men and women are equally responsible when a pregnancy occurs.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
doctors -
A necessary ingredient
- are prescribing opioids - the government or I should say the courts or I should say bad judges on the court decided that the government should pay for them - all they had to do is get the doctors to prescribe them - as it turns out - that was the easy part - affordable affordable affordable

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
doctors -
A necessary ingredient
- are prescribing opioids - the government or I should say the courts or I should say bad judges on the court decided that the government should pay for them - all they had to do is get the doctors to prescribe them - as it turns out - that was the easy part - affordable affordable affordable

So is your point concern over the opioid epidemic and the loss of life ... or is it about all Americans having access to affordable health care?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
So is your point concern over the opioid epidemic and the loss of life ... or is it about all Americans having access to affordable health care?

first do no harm -
do you know how many are dying each year -
fewer were dying before affordable affordable affordable health care

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
how can we stop the tweeting?
-
is it affecting your job?
-
yes
-
why don't you tweet that?
-
I'll get fired
-
why don't you just resign?
-
I am in a place where I can make a difference
-
then do it
-
the tweets are distracting
-
for others as well
-
I get that
-
do you?
-
okay, what don't I get?
-
you might be able to get your job done while the others are being distracted
-
really?
-
try it

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
first do no harm -
do you know how many are dying each year -
fewer were dying before affordable affordable affordable health care

Not hardly ... but then again, this has never been (for Trump and the GOP) about promoting the health and welfare of Americans.