"And You Are Complete in Him" (Jesus Christ) Colossians 2:10

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Excellent way to put it.

Paul said the same thing first. :)

And Saint John W the Great, TOL humble off champion said it again.

__
Surrendering your life is irrelevant as pertaining to justification. That is sanctification. The Lord Jesus Christ surrendered His life 2000 years ago in your place, and God the Father accepted His life as a propitiatory sacrifice. Before justification, the LORD God would have nothing to do with your life. The biblical order is sonship first, then service/sanctification as justified sons. You are putting the proverbial cart before the horse, conditioning your justification upon your service/sanctification, " surrender my life to Christ." As a Son, He then replaces your formerly rotten, no good life, with His only Begotten Son's life-eternal life, "in Christ."

In Christ,

John W

popsthebuilder

That is kind of a stupid question. So I will pass. And it doesn't prove any point, other than the one I made about my exchanged life. The Lord Jesus Christ offered himself before the Father, on my behalf, and the Father accepted. When the Father sees me, only sees his perfect, Holy, righteous, Son.
He offered His life for the sake of yours; that you might be conformed to the image of GOD; not boasting of your perfection while in knowing sin with a seared conscience.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He offered His life for the sake of yours; that you might be conformed to the image of GOD

What does this mean? Expound on it. I don't think you will. You of course are stating it backwards. You boast in yourself, I boast in the cross. Songs like "amazing grace" truly have no meaning to you the sanctimonious clowns like you.

not boasting of your perfection while in knowing sin with a seared conscience.

No surprise you go against Paul, because he delivers the only good news that saves today.

19 I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.

popsthebuilder

What does this mean? Expound on it. I don't think you will. You of course are stating it backwards. You boast in yourself, I boast in the cross. Songs like "amazing grace" truly have no meaning to you the sanctimonious clowns like you.

No surprise you go against Paul, because he delivers the only good news that saves today.

19 I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.
present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness

There is your expounding.

All things are work.

Which do you work towards?

Boasting in the Lord is by One's works not words, yet even the words alone are to the glorying of GOD alone, as are the works; not of the nonexistence hands of the dead, but of the Spirit of life are They.

I don't expect the expounding helped your predicament, but may shame be brought before me and rest on my very heart, as to even think such is to belittle my own faith in the Word.

I am nothing. All that is in me is corruption, yet I do war. And will strive to do, and to say, that which is in me yet not of my own wants.

peace

Robert Pate

Banned
The whole argument hinges on what it means to be "IN Messiah". If one does not walk and live in the Testimony and teachings of the Messiah found in the Gospel accounts then the same is not counted as being "IN Messiah". For the same reason Paul says in several places that he teaches "the commandments of the Lord", (and most really cannot even say for sure whether that means the Father, or the Son, or both, which would mean the Torah also as well as the Testimony of the Messiah in the Gospel accounts). Anyone therefore who does not walk, live, and abide in the Testimony of the Messiah, found in the Gospel accounts, will not be seen or reckoned as being "IN Messiah", because lip service and one-time prayers with all the man-made magic words included do not equate to "salvation", but rather, such things are merely an initial commitment to become immersed in the Testimony of the Messiah found in the Gospel accounts.

You have missed how one is "In Christ". You have taken what is Gospel and turned it into law. We are in Christ by faith and not by what we do. Jesus is God's new Adam and our new humanity. To be in Christ means that you are resting and trusting in what Jesus did to redeem you. It was Jesus that fulfilled the law, Matthew 5:18. It was Jesus that atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. We have done nothing to contribute to our salvation, other than to believe it.

daqq

You have missed how one is "In Christ". You have taken what is Gospel and turned it into law. We are in Christ by faith and not by what we do. Jesus is God's new Adam and our new humanity. To be in Christ means that you are resting and trusting in what Jesus did to redeem you. It was Jesus that fulfilled the law, Matthew 5:18. It was Jesus that atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. We have done nothing to contribute to our salvation, other than to believe it.

I have not missed what you say, but you have missed what I said and have thereby missed the truth: you cannot be "IN Messiah" and not be IN his Testimony. If you are not IN his Testimony then you are not "IN Messiah". His Testimony is tantamount to his blood because of other places in the scripture which reveal this truth, and his deeds and actions are represented by his blood, for his blood was shed because of his Testimony, deeds, and actions: if you trample his Testimony, you trample his blood, which is the Spirit of Grace, (for he plainly tells you that his words are SPIRIT and they are Life). It is not difficult to understand but difficult for the many to accept because it means that they are deceived into thinking that a one-time prayer "work", like a prefabricated magically worded sinners prayer, has saved them. It is foolishness and nonsense to believe that anyone gets to choose for themselves what day and hour in which Elohim is going to "save" them, just because they prayed some magic words laid out in a formula made up by man, (mainstream teachers and preachers who know not what they teach, say, or do, because they do not understand the scripture when they read it, because their eyes and mind are blinded by their love for money and love for the world). You cannot receive the Promise unless and until after you have done the will of Elohim, (Heb 10:36 KJV), and Paul tells you what that will of Elohim concerns, (1Thes 4:3,4), which is the cutting off of sin from your midst, from your own house, from your own members which are upon your land, just as Paul likewise teaches all these things and even tells you that he teaches and preaches the commandments of the Master in all his doctrine. Those commandments of the Master which Paul teaches and preaches are only found in the Gospel accounts and the Apocalypse, in all the parables, proverbs, sayings, idioms, and teachings of the Master Teacher. Anyone who is not IN those teachings of the Messiah is not IN Messiah. That holy Testimony is therefore your atonement because the sealed and affirmed Testimony of the Messiah was sealed and affirmed by the Father with a Voice from the heavens and affirmed when He raised the Master from the dead: and Paul is living proof of that reality by his own confession and conversion, otherwise he would have never became what he did if he did not truly believe that Messiah was arisen from the dead. The proof is in the utterly and completely changed life of Paul. Anyone who truly believes that the Master is risen will therefore become, (over time), a completely and utterly changed person, a new creation, (which takes time because it takes full immersion into the full Testimony of the Master without "looking back"). You have taken these spiritual and supernal truths and turned them into a cheap one-time "work" like the sinners prayer, or a simple one-time confession of faith, and then you have apparently added OSAS onto that, so as to afford yourself cherry-picked promises from the scripture which you actually do not show any evidence of having by the things which you say, teach, and promote.

beloved57

And yet you believe that men and women Christ lived for and died for shall be lost !

Robert Pate

Banned
And yet you believe that men and women Christ lived for and died for shall be lost !

Salvation is a free gift from God that can only be received or rejected. To not receive it is to reject it. You apparently have rejected it and have sealed your fate.

beloved57

Salvation is a free gift from God that can only be received or rejected. To not receive it is to reject it. You apparently have rejected it and have sealed your fate.
You believe salvation is obtained by man doing what is required. That is salvation by works, not a Gift of God!

Robert Pate

Banned
I have not missed what you say, but you have missed what I said and have thereby missed the truth: you cannot be "IN Messiah" and not be IN his Testimony. If you are not IN his Testimony then you are not "IN Messiah". His Testimony is tantamount to his blood because of other places in the scripture which reveal this truth, and his deeds and actions are represented by his blood, for his blood was shed because of his Testimony, deeds, and actions: if you trample his Testimony, you trample his blood, which is the Spirit of Grace, (for he plainly tells you that his words are SPIRIT and they are Life). It is not difficult to understand but difficult for the many to accept because it means that they are deceived into thinking that a one-time prayer "work", like a prefabricated magically worded sinners prayer, has saved them. It is foolishness and nonsense to believe that anyone gets to choose for themselves what day and hour in which Elohim is going to "save" them, just because they prayed some magic words laid out in a formula made up by man, (mainstream teachers and preachers who know not what they teach, say, or do, because they do not understand the scripture when they read it, because their eyes and mind are blinded by their love for money and love for the world). You cannot receive the Promise unless and until after you have done the will of Elohim, (Heb 10:36 KJV), and Paul tells you what that will of Elohim concerns, (1Thes 4:3,4), which is the cutting off of sin from your midst, from your own house, from your own members which are upon your land, just as Paul likewise teaches all these things and even tells you that he teaches and preaches the commandments of the Master in all his doctrine. Those commandments of the Master which Paul teaches and preaches are only found in the Gospel accounts and the Apocalypse, in all the parables, proverbs, sayings, idioms, and teachings of the Master Teacher. Anyone who is not IN those teachings of the Messiah is not IN Messiah. That holy Testimony is therefore your atonement because the sealed and affirmed Testimony of the Messiah was sealed and affirmed by the Father with a Voice from the heavens and affirmed when He raised the Master from the dead: and Paul is living proof of that reality by his own confession and conversion, otherwise he would have never became what he did if he did not truly believe that Messiah was arisen from the dead. The proof is in the utterly and completely changed life of Paul. Anyone who truly believes that the Master is risen will therefore become, (over time), a completely and utterly changed person, a new creation, (which takes time because it takes full immersion into the full Testimony of the Master without "looking back"). You have taken these spiritual and supernal truths and turned them into a cheap one-time "work" like the sinners prayer, or a simple one-time confession of faith, and then you have apparently added OSAS onto that, so as to afford yourself cherry-picked promises from the scripture which you actually do not show any evidence of having by the things which you say, teach, and promote.

His testimony is that he has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil. And that because of that we now stand complete in him, Colossians 2:10. Paul's changed life did not save him. What saved Paul was the work and the person of Jesus Christ. You have left out the work of the Holy Spirit in ones life. All that come to Christ to be saved by him are sealed with the Holy Spirit.

"In whom you have trusted, after you heard the word of truth, THE GOSPEL OF YOUR SALVATION: in whom after that you believed and were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise" Ephesians 1:13.

It is the Holy Spirit working in ones life that produces good works

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has ordained that we should walk in them" Ephesians 2:10.

It is all of God.

daqq

His testimony is that he has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil. And that because of that we now stand complete in him, Colossians 2:10. Paul's changed life did not save him. What saved Paul was the work and the person of Jesus Christ. You have left out the work of the Holy Spirit in ones life. All that come to Christ to be saved by him are sealed with the Holy Spirit.

"In whom you have trusted, after you heard the word of truth, THE GOSPEL OF YOUR SALVATION: in whom after that you believed and were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise" Ephesians 1:13.

It is the Holy Spirit working in ones life that produces good works

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has ordained that we should walk in them" Ephesians 2:10.

It is all of God.

Facts are facts: Paul was admonished by Ananias to IMMERSE into the name of the Messiah, and because he truly BELIEVED, (because of his own personal event and encounter with the Messiah in the way to Damascus), he did so, IMMERSING in the Word six months in the desert of Arabia before returning to Damascus for three more years. Anyone who refuses to consume the Word, and believe and do what he says, is not in Messiah because the words of the Messiah are not in him. Those claiming to have the Holy spirit dwelling in them while rejecting the Testimony of the Messiah as applying to themselves, and not having the Testimony of Messiah, are utterly deceived. If you do not have the Testimony of the Messiah, you do not have the Spirit, and you do not even have the earnest of the Spirit because you have unknowingly rejected the earnest of the Spirit because it is the Testimony of the Messiah. If you refuse to put on the robe and wear it, if your refuse to eat the holy food, and consume all of it, leaving nothing till your morning come: you get what you give and reap what you sow, nothing, and even what you think you have will be taken from you.

Robert Pate

Banned
Facts are facts: Paul was admonished by Ananias to IMMERSE into the name of the Messiah, and because he truly BELIEVED, (because of his own personal event and encounter with the Messiah in the way to Damascus), he did so, IMMERSING in the Word six months in the desert of Arabia before returning to Damascus for three more years. Anyone who refuses to consume the Word, and believe and do what he says, is not in Messiah because the words of the Messiah are not in him. Those claiming to have the Holy spirit dwelling in them while rejecting the Testimony of the Messiah as applying to themselves, and not having the Testimony of Messiah, are utterly deceived. If you do not have the Testimony of the Messiah, you do not have the Spirit, and you do not even have the earnest of the Spirit because you have unknowingly rejected the earnest of the Spirit because it is the Testimony of the Messiah. If you refuse to put on the robe and wear it, if your refuse to eat the holy food, and consume all of it, leaving nothing till your morning come: you get what you give and reap what you sow, nothing, and even what you think you have will be taken from you.

All of that and no scripture. You sound more like a Pharisee than a Christian. Salvation is a free gift from God that cannot be earned or deserved, Ephesians 2:8. If you try to be worthy of it by earning it, you will be cast out. A robe has been prepared for all that have faith in Christ, it is the robe of the righteousness of Christ. The testimony of Jesus whom you refer to as the Messiah is that he has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, so that, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

daqq

All of that and no scripture. You sound more like a Pharisee than a Christian. Salvation is a free gift from God that cannot be earned or deserved, Ephesians 2:8. If you try to be worthy of it by earning it, you will be cast out. A robe has been prepared for all that have faith in Christ, it is the robe of the righteousness of Christ. The testimony of Jesus whom you refer to as the Messiah is that he has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, so that, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Lol, there were many scripture passages referenced in my comments.
Perhaps you just do not recognize them:

Acts 9:17-18, Acts 22:12-15,16, Gal 1:11-12, (by the Apocalypse Messiah Yeshua), Gal 1:17-18, 2Cor 1:22 KJV, 2Cor 5:5 KJV, Eph 1:13-14 KJV, Luke 15:22, (the "best robe"), Mat 22:11, (the "best robe" is the "wedding garment"), Exo 12:5-9,10, (the Passover Lamb, "you shall leave nothing til the morning", and Messiah is our Passover, 1Cor 5:7), 2Cor 9:6, Gal 6:7, and lastly the words of the Master himself from Mat 13:12, Mat 25:29, Mark 4:25, Luke 8:18, and Luke 19:26.

Moreover, as for your quote from Romans 10:13, Paul is quoting Joel 2:32.
Here is the TS2009 translation, (with footnotes), containing the proper Name:

Romans 10:13 TS2009 (W/Footnotes)
13 For “everyone who calls on the Name of יהוה shall be saved.”c Joe 2:32. Footnote: c Act 2:21.

Did you call upon the Name of the Father when you first believed? And did your old man dream dreams, and prophesy, and see wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath? blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke? the sun turned into darkness, and the moon into blood? before that great and notable day of YHWH came to pass? as the example given to you in Acts 2:15-21 and Joel 2:28-32 which Peter quotes from? I trow not. :chuckle:

Last edited:

daqq

The testimony of Jesus whom you refer to as the Messiah is that he has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, so that, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Moreover one of the passages which I have already referenced twice now also speaks toward your quote from Romans 10:13 and gives you the proper order:

Acts 22:11-16 TS2009 (W/Footnotes)
11 “And as I could not see because of the esteem of that light, being led by the hand of those who were with me, I came into Dammeseq.
12 “And a certain Ḥananyah,
b a dedicated man according to the Torah, being well spoken of by all the Yehuḏim dwelling there, Footnote: bSee Act 9:10 and Act 9:17.
13 came to me, and stood by and said to me, ‘Brother Sha’ul, look up.’ And at that same hour I looked up at him.
14 “And he said, ‘The Elohim of our fathers
Exo 3:15 has appointed you to know His desire, and to see the Righteous One, and to hear the voice from His mouth.
15 Because you shall be His witness to all men of what you have seen and heard.
16 And now, why do you delay? Rise up, be immersed, and wash away your sins, calling on the Name of יהוה.’

See? Just as I said, Paul testifies that Hananyah, (Ananias), admonished him to "Rise up, be immersed, and wash away your sins, calling on the Name of YHWH."

You appear to have the order all wrong; for you left out IMMERSION INTO THE WORD which comes BEFORE calling on the Name of the Most High. To immerse IN the Word is to be IN Messiah because he is the Word. :)

Robert Pate

Banned
Moreover one of the passages which I have already referenced twice now also speaks toward your quote from Romans 10:13 and gives you the proper order:

Acts 22:11-16 TS2009 (W/Footnotes)
11 “And as I could not see because of the esteem of that light, being led by the hand of those who were with me, I came into Dammeseq.
12 “And a certain Ḥananyah,
b a dedicated man according to the Torah, being well spoken of by all the Yehuḏim dwelling there, Footnote: bSee Act 9:10 and Act 9:17.
13 came to me, and stood by and said to me, ‘Brother Sha’ul, look up.’ And at that same hour I looked up at him.
14 “And he said, ‘The Elohim of our fathers
Exo 3:15 has appointed you to know His desire, and to see the Righteous One, and to hear the voice from His mouth.
15 Because you shall be His witness to all men of what you have seen and heard.
16 And now, why do you delay? Rise up, be immersed, and wash away your sins, calling on the Name of יהוה.’

See? Just as I said, Paul testifies that Hananyah, (Ananias), admonished him to "Rise up, be immersed, and wash away your sins, calling on the Name of YHWH."

You appear to have the order all wrong; for you left out IMMERSION INTO THE WORD which comes BEFORE calling on the Name of the Most High. To immerse IN the Word is to be IN Messiah because he is the Word. :)

Paul was a special chosen by Christ apostle. You cannot say that Paul's conversion is the norm for every Christian. We are not Paul.

On the day of Pentecost 8,000 Jews heard and believed Peter's Gospel and were saved, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4. People are saved the same way today. They hear, they believe and are born again by the word of God, which is the Gospel, 1 Peter 1:23. This is why Paul wrote,

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" which is the Gospel, Romans 10:17.