Five Things You Need To Know About The Paris Climate Deal

brewmama

So far you have provided evidence that cyclones, on a global scale, fluctuate and that it rains more. Have quite a ways to go but you are on the right track.

Ha ha! So when I show that global cyclones have decreased in the last 9 years, (despite a rise in CO2!), to you that means they are "fluctuating", yet you claim that any increase means global warming. How do you expect to be taken seriously?

Quetzal

Ha ha! So when I show that global cyclones have decreased in the last 9 years, (despite a rise in CO2!), to you that means they are "fluctuating", yet you claim that any increase means global warming. How do you expect to be taken seriously?
For starters, I don't assume that 9 years is an acceptable time period in regards to a sample for global weather trends. But heck, what do I know...

brewmama

For starters, I don't assume that 9 years is an acceptable time period in regards to a sample for global weather trends. But heck, what do I know...

Not much... (another not so smooth move to change your claim too!)

And cagwistas have made hay with much less than 9 years. They have claimed global warming with any random isolated episode.

Quetzal

Not much... (another not so smooth move to change your claim too!)

And cagwistas have made hay with much less than 9 years. They have claimed global warming with any random isolated episode.
I guess we are going to agree to disagree. I have what I believe and the evidence to support it. That, to me, is all the matters.

Quetzal

I will say though, I do appreciate your effort you put into the discussion. The data you presented is interesting and some of it does stand in contrast to my claims. I am just not convinced and ready to throw in the towel. A lot better than most of the other posters here. :)

ClimateSanity

Dr. Peter Langdon Ward gave the following challenge to climate change believers recently. He is a retired geologist and will be making a presentation at the next national meeting of the American Geophysical Union concerning ozone depletion as the major culprit behind recent warming and major warming periods of the past.

The Climate Change Challenge: I hereby agree to give $10,000 (ten thousand dollars) of my children’s inheritance to the first person or team of people who can demonstrate through direct measurements in the laboratory and/or in the field that a 15% increase in carbon dioxide, such as that observed from 1970 to 1998, can actually cause more warming of Earth than caused by observed contemporaneous depletion of the ozone layer of up to 60%.

The two most voluminous extrusive volcanic eruptions since Permian times were the ontong java igneous province and the north Atlantic igneous province delivering 8 and 6.6 million cubic kilometres of basalt respectively. These coincided with the Cretaceous hot house and the Paleocene Eocene thermal maximum respectively. These two time periods were the hottest periods in earths Phanerozoic history. An extended period of extrusive basaltic volcanism also occurred during the time period that brought the last ice age of 12,000 years ago to a close.

Extrusive eruptions differ climatically than explosive eruptions. The latter spewing sulfur dioxide particles high into the atmosphere cooling the planet. The former releasing ozone destroying chemicals into the atmosphere like chlorine and bromine. When ozone is destroyed in the atmosphere, it allows type B ultra violet rays to reach earth's surface. The energy of these rays is 48 times greater than the energy trapped by so called greenhouse gasses.

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

did we ever figger out what them five things was?
According to the article linked in the OP, these are the Five Things You Need To Know About The Paris Climate Deal
OP Article said:
1. This Is A Momentous, World-Changing Event

2. It’s Not Enough To Avoid Dangerous Climate Change

3. We’ll Have To Remove Carbon Dioxide From The Atmosphere

4. Expect Across-The-board Policy Changes

5. The World’s Most Vulnerable Countries Got Their Issue Centre Stage

But what we can also know is:

1. This is not a Momentous World-Changing Event, since nothing actually happened in the event to change the world.

2. Nothing decided in the event does anything to Avoid Dangerous Climate Change

3. Their plans to Remove Carbon Dioxide From The Atmosphere means no energy for you and means treating Carbon Dioxide as more dangerous than nuclear waste

4. Their Across-The-board Policy Changes mean removing inexpensive energy (hydroelectric, coal, nuclear) and replacing them with expensive energy (wind farms and solar farms) and even more expensive and toxic energy storage batteries to store the energy

5. The inclusion of the World’s Most Vulnerable Countries is just another scheme to redistribute wealth from productive countries to non-productive countries

genuineoriginal

you opened the link!

bad go!

no cookie for you! :sibbie:

Too late

Caffeinated Smart Cookie
Spoiler
smart-cookie-label-copy-510x643.jpg

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
apparently queetzle abandoned this lame thread because he couldn't figure out how to open his own link and cut and paste the "Five Things You Need To Know About The Paris Climate Deal"