Thread: The Bob Enyart Live forum

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Sozo can't answer a simple question

Originally posted by Nimrod

Sozo can't answer a simple question., is it too difficult?

So first you point out I am breaking the sabbath, then give no answer as to how I am doing so. Instead you run from answering a simple question and say I am speaking unholy. Oh brother!
    You really are dense aren't you.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the dictionary...

Nimrod: A person regarded as silly, foolish, or stupid.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine a s s , nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.

See, it says right there in bold that you should not be working!

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Sozo

But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine a s s , nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.

See, it says right there in bold that you should not be working!
    I just reported this message to the board, lets see what they do.

Friendly Neighborhood Admin Turbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You posted on a Saturday morning that we ought to be keeping the Sabbath, and Sozo pointed out that you were working on your computer.

Then you said he ran from your question even though he answered it plainly, so he called you a nimrod and a KJV donkey. The text blocker was intended for that word's homonym.

Do you ever drive your car from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday, Nimrod?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Turbo, I couldn't resist.

(p.s. I haven't laughed this hard in 10 years... I may have wet my pants)

The hindermost part of the hill country of Texas
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any of you modern day Pharisee got any scripture to back up talking as violating the Sabbath?
    FAITH IS AS FAITH DOES---- Forest Gump?
    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10576

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Mateo

Any of you modern day Pharesee got any scripture to back up talking as violating the Sabbath?
    For you Mateo, even thinking is work!

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would presuppose you are in anyway familiar with thought.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Mateo

That would presuppose you are in anyway familiar with thought.
    Wow, you sure told me.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another brave dispie ducking yet another question.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Turbo

You posted on a Saturday morning that we ought to be keeping the Sabbath, and Sozo pointed out that you were working on your computer.

Then you said he ran from your question even though he answered it plainly, so he called you a nimrod and a KJV donkey. The text blocker was intended for that word's homonym.

Do you ever drive your car from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday, Nimrod?
    Hi Turbo,

I didn't get the same info out of Bozo's response as you did. I should have realized that to some the sabbath is always a Saturday or a Sunday. I hold it to one day out of seven, not always having to be the same day. Some people have to work on those days.

Yes I do drive, be we know from Scriptures that God is merciful. David ate the shewbread when he was not allowed to. God is also merciful if I decide to spark a fire on my sabbath to cook a meal.

Matt 12:1-5 "they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day. 3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him; 4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests? 5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?"

It is when I work on the sabbath for earthly gains. That is where I draw the line.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Nimrod

That is where I draw the line.

+OL remote satellite affiliate 1Way's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Oh, realy, you draw the line, ,,, there

Nimrod Ė Sozo and Turbo are right, the level of incongruity concerning your adherence to keeping Godís commandments (from the previous dispensation) is pretty bizarre. God, not you, God drew the line at,

You shall not add to, or take away from His word and commandements.

And if you break my Sabbath, you are subject to the death penalty.

The issue of keeping the Sabbath the way God said it must be kept, was a matter of life and death, salvation and eternal damnation.
    Nu 15:30 ĎBut the person who does [anything] presumptuously, [whether he is] native-born or a stranger, that one brings reproach on the LORD, and he shall be cut off from among his people. 31 ĎBecause he has despised the word of the LORD, and has broken His commandment, that person shall be completely cut off; his guilt shall be upon him.í" 32 Now while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. 33 And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron, and to all the congregation. ...
    35 Then the LORD said to Moses, "The man must surely be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp." 36 So, as the LORD commanded Moses, all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him with stones, and he died.
    If that is what is going on at your church, trust me, Iím not going to visit, ever. I donít want to be accused of breaking the Sabbath and then being put to death for something as arguably trivial as picking up some sticks. Maybe you see this teaching as somehow being wrong? Man does not have the standing to pick and choose which commandments to keep or modify.

Even Jesus in the NT said that you do not have the standing to pick and choose which commandments you will observe and keep, you must keep them all, ďthe greater and the lesserĒ.

Yes, the commandments were many and sometimes conflicted, and yes God had mercy for those who could not help but to brake one commandment in order to keep another, but you are not saying that, are you? You are altering the commandment to fit your lifestyle, perhaps like that guy picking up sticks thought, like itís no big deal, itís not that important, Iíll just pick up some smaller sticks and not heavier logs which might draw more attention.

If you are not living like a full blown law keeping Jew, then you are breaking the commandments of God, and if you broke the Sabboth, and you claim to be a law keeper because of keeping the Sabbath, but you willfully brake it according to your own tradition and not for another other reason, so then theoretically there may be biblical grounds for the death penalty in such a case.

God was ďnotĒ merciful on the man who willfully broke the Sabbath in the desert by picking up sticks. So, by what authority do you overturn the commandments of God? What makes you think you should be exempt from keeping the entire law the way God said you must obey?
    Last edited by 1Way; March 16th, 2004 at 12:52 AM.
    TTT Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Ro 12:9

+OL remote satellite affiliate 1Way's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    • Two examples, one theoretical but somehow familiar.

Theoretical example
      Lord, congregation, wait, stop, but I wasn't riding my bicycle or jogging, I was just riding my car, itís pretty easy to drive in a car, also I hardly drove for very long.

A biblical example
      Lord, congregation, wait, stop, but I wasn't picking up logs and trying to collect any wages, I was just picking up a small amount of sticks, itís pretty easy to carry these sticks, also I hardly did this for a very long time, stick picking is a modest short lived endeavor.

He (the stick man) died with his guilt remaining upon him, being ďcompletely cut offĒ from Godís people.

Not a good picture. Gee, I wonder if those two examples are similar as opposed to being different, in terms of presumptuously disobeying Godís commandment about the Sabbath.
    TTT Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Ro 12:9

Thread Information