Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bob Enyart Live forum

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sunday Night Bible Study

Where is the question and answer thread for the DBC Sunday night Bible study?
    Who was there tonight? (October 26, 2003)

Jason
    Momma Enyart
    Lion Clan (Sans Lion)

Anybody else?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bump

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lion was there too and the Sutherlands. and twelve others.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Beacon

Lion was there too and the Sutherlands. and twelve others.
    Yall talking about the Last Supper?
    grace & peace

Gold level Subscriber Bob Enyart's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hello to all,
    FYI, you can hear Dr. Walt Brown on Bob Enyart Live, show #33, Feb. 16, 2004 discussing creaton and the global flood. Brown has a PhD in mechanical engineering from MIT. Also, I judge his creation and flood theories to best fit the evidence. Thanks, -Bob
    The Bob Enyart Live talk show airs at KGOV.com weekdays at 5 pm E.T. Also, same time, same station, check out Theology Thursday (.com) and on Fridays, Real Science Radio (.com) a.k.a. rsr.org. All shows are available 24/7 and you can call us at at 1-800-8Enyart.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I hear Bob Enyart Live in Washington state? Other than the Battle Royale, I haven't been able to hear any of your other positions.

+OL remote satellite affiliate 1Way's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SOTK4ever - You can get his shows on his web site at

kgov.com

His radio program is posted every day! But be forwarned, he's not nicer than God, and he does a great job of not being nicer than God too!
    TTT Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Ro 12:9

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by 1Way

His radio program is posted every day! But be forwarned, he's not nicer than God, and he does a great job of not being nicer than God too!
    Do Right and Risk the Consequences, 1Way.
    Jesus Loves You

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kgov.com

Okay. Thanks.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Bob Enyart is no slouch when it comes to earth sciences, creationism, geo-chronometers and such. Walt Brown has some very interesting and somewhat unique perspectives on the geology of the earth, especially concerning the cataclysmic events surrounding the great flood.

That show should be outstanding!
    TTT Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Ro 12:9

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jefferson Ė You quoted Paradosis saying
    If this is the debate tape with the Calvinist, then yes, I've seen it. Seems like they just spent the entire time talking past each other. At certain points I wondered if perhaps there was soundproof glass between them, and they just read a monologue when it was there turn.
    to which you said
    I agree. That wasn't a debate. It was just each person presenting his own view. The 2 "debaters" never asked each other any questions. There was no interaction whatsoever. Boooooorrrrring.
    Bob was responsive to what Brian was saying, and Bob asked Brian questions yet Brian rarely gave much time and effort to them, especially towards the end, Brian became very unresponsive the more enraged he was because of Bobís efforts. In fact, Bob even made a mention of an old question that was asked years before in a phone conference debate, and he asked it again during this debate, and Brian still remains unresponsive to the most damaging of questions for the individual predestination during the video taped debate! And it's over the holy grail of Calvinism "the Potter and the Clay", where God responds to the clay which is Israel and by extension man via NT use. Such fear from Bryanís side of the debate was screamingly loud if you only had ears to hear it.

I agree that the debate over all was not very point-counterpoint, nor very personable, but to say that they were both guilty of talking past each other is a far cry from the truth. But even though Brian was a real let down, it still was a riveting exchange.

Looking back through some of these posts, it's seems obvious that BEL is not the most popular...

As to the comments about Doug's input on the show, I think he is great! Doug does his show without callers, which is arguably more difficult to do in terms of being interesting and such. Bob is an old vet doing media programs, from radio to TV and public protests and video teaching tapes, etc.
    Last edited by 1Way; February 23rd, 2004 at 12:59 AM.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

(Maybe Iíll have to make another thread for this.)

Ok, a slight correction, Iím listening to that debate right now. At around 37.8 minuets on the tape, Brian did make a response, but only by saying that Jer.18 was a national election not individual election, the visible church (Israel) being His chosen elected people, wheat and tares, so you handle Jer 18 completely differently than you do Romans 9.
    Did God finish the first vessel, or did He have to make a second vessel?

Why did God not finish the first vessel, why did He have to make another vessel?
    That is nearly half an answer, but specifically it did not answer the particular question, he never answer if the potter finished the first vessel! Brian missed the implication of the notion about how Godís election works! Brian posits that there are two very different sorts of election, basically 1) corporate and 2) individual, but, Jer 18 demonstrates that God responds to what man does in order to determine how God will treat man! That is a description of operation; it explains Godís action reaction dependency. Yet, that is the exact opposite of what Brian says throughout his entire presentation! He even said that it was NOT Godís plan that Israel would obey Him saying that ultimately Christ would be killed at the cross through their unbelief. You see, He denies manís free will, and asserts that God does it all, so by Brianís view, God was the cause making the vessel into another vessel, not the mar in the clay in the Potterís hand which God says was Isreal! So by these consistent responses, Brianís answer must be that no, God did not make a second vessel because of responding to the clay, God makes no mistakes, He just did what He did.

But the Bible is crystal clear, that God responded to what man did, and that was why God had to make another vessel, Israel did not conform to Godís will and plans to make her into an honorable vessel, so He had to make her fit as a vessel for dishonor. The Potter responds after man responds to God and His response is formed in accordance to manís response. It is synergism personified. Brianís view of God (Calvinism, individual predestination) denies the true God of the bible.
    • (Jer 18:1-10 NKJV)

The Potter and the clay

The Vision, figurative speech

ď1 The word which came to Jeremiah from the
      LORD, saying: 2 "Arise and go down to the
      potterís house, and there I will cause you to
      hear My words." 3 Then I went down to the
      potterís house, and there he was, making
      something at the wheel. 4 And the vessel that
      he made of clay was marred in the hand of the
      potter; so he made it again into another vessel,
      as it seemed good to the potter to make.

Godís explanation of the vision, literal application

5 Then the word of the LORD came to me,
      saying: 6 "O house of Israel, can I not do with
      you as this potter?" says the LORD. "Look,
      as the clay is in the potterís hand, so are you
      in My hand
      , O house of Israel!

The general principle of divine repentance, literal
      didactic truism

7 "The instant I speak concerning a nation
      and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up,
      to pull down, and to destroy it,
      8 "if that nation against whom I have spoken
      turns from its evil,
      (then) I will *relent of the disaster
      that I thought to bring upon it.

9 "And the instant I speak concerning
      a nation and concerning a kingdom,
      to build and to plant it,
      10 "if it does evil in My sight
      so that it does not obey My voice,
      then I will *relent concerning the good
      with which I said I would benefit it.

* nacham = Strongs #5162 = repent

ď(then)Ē supplied in verse 8 for emphasis on
      the ďif thenĒ conditional arrangement.
    So in summery, Brian was asked twice in the debate, wow, strike that THREE times this same question was specifically asked each time calling Brian by name emphasizing his attention to this question, including a dramatic historical build up because of Brianís unresponsiveness from a debate from 3 years prior, and he still did not directly answer the question!!! Calvinists are afraid to address the very heart of their supposed proof texts, the mechanism of the Potter and the Clay, as they say, is all by Godís will and not manís, yet the Bible does not support that view, in fact, the NT reference is derived from the OT first use principle, which establishes a synergistic relationship between God and man, where God waits for man to respond to know how God will respond to man in return.

Another note is that Bob asked pointed questions of Brian, and during the first entire half of the debate, (Iím pretty sure) Brian asked NO questions of Bob, certainly none on the onset or end of his segments like Bob did.

A very interesting debate ďBob debates CalvinistĒ. Individual predestination and a God who exists outside of time, is wrong.

That really cracks me up, Bob said

ďBrian, ,,, did God finish the first vessel? or not?...?Ē

3 times!!! With NO "direct" response.
    Last edited by 1Way; February 17th, 2004 at 05:00 PM.

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1way
    Last edited by Scottb; February 19th, 2004 at 03:41 AM.
    JESUS CHRIST IS NUMBER 1 listen to BOB ENYART http://www.kgov.com/

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by SOTK4ever

Can I hear Bob Enyart Live in Washington state? Other than the Battle Royale, I haven't been able to hear any of your other positions.
    http://www.kgov.com/ You can catch bob`s show`s right here off the web.

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kgov.com

Bob is cool, and he does a great job, and he speak`s out, and he does not hide behind christian polictical correctness! We need more Bob Enyart`s out there in TV land, and radio land.

Thread Information