ARCHIVE: Zakath is Genuine!

Ecumenicist

I was unaware of Enyart's legal history. After I verified it for myself, I was hurt, angry, sad. And then I
left the PC and went and hugged my kids. I also played basketball and soccer with them, and went out
and bought them milkshakes.

We live in a fallen world, from which no one is immune. There, but by the Grace of God go I.

Dave

julie21

I think that who individuals want to talk to throughout the board is up to the individual, and they should not be judged against for merely being civil to others. If a Christian converses with an atheist about Christ, the time of day or the weather, they should be free to do that without condemnation. If what the Edge is doing is wrong in the eyes of the Lord, he will no doubt find this out one glorious day, as we all will be judged for how we treated our fellow man, Christian, atheist, agnostic, sinner, whatever. Or, if it was noticed by others that he was beginning to slip into their way of non-belief, I am sure that he would be shown this in a brotherly Christian way. Until then, I am sure that The Edge is a prayerful person, and has/will look to the Lord for guidance in what he should do in this matter.
If Christians only spoke to Christians, there would not be much growth in the Lord's body, and we would not be doing the Lord's work.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Dave Miller,
Refering to post #123, you sound like a good father. Good for you for verifying it on your own. Better to see it with your own eyes than just take the words of a fellow man for unverified truth.

Julie,
Referring to post #125, you wrote that very well (and I am not just saying that because I'm involved). You are really telling what I believe to be the truth there.

TE

PureX

Dave Miller said:
I was unaware of Enyart's legal history. After I verified it for myself, I was hurt, angry, sad. And then I
left the PC and went and hugged my kids. I also played basketball and soccer with them, and went out

We live in a fallen world, from which no one is immune. There, but by the Grace of God go I.

Dave
I like you, Dave.

wickwoman

Zakath said:
My, my ... over 100 posts in this thread and almost a third of them are actually on topic!

Right, right, this is my thread and I want to say, oh yeah, about Zakath:

He's nice.
He's smart.
He's organized.

What else? PM me anything else I should know and I'll share ;)

wickwoman

Dave Miller said:

Dave

That's it, I definitely need to start a thread about my friend Dave Miller. Of course, he would be so embarassed. He's very humble you know. :third:

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Well, it's been 72 hours since my huge post #111, and still I hear no word of these "threats" I made. Just as I had foreseen, there aren't any.

Carry on. :)

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
My previously stated purpose was not to attack Bob. I don't know too much about him. I looked into what Erin believed, and in my opinion did not agree with it, so I discredited the source to explain why.
Wouldn't it be better to respond to the points you disagree with from the article with rather than resort to a fallacious ad hominem argument? Especially when doing so makes you guilty of exactly what you charged erin with, as ApologeticJedi pointed out?

By the way, I brought up the "Nicer than God" thread to Erin after reading these statements of yours:
I'll be nice to everyone because that is what my Lord teaches us to do.

Jesus won people over by being nice and spending time with them and not by argueing with them and fighting.
Some of your later posts indicate that you might not really believe these things. Could you clarify?

From your Enyart exposé:
He also believes OT law is still valid just as it was in the OT, which stands against the words of Christ.
Actually Enyart believes that while the Body of Christ is not under the Law, God has given governments the responsibility to appropriately punish all criminals (whether they are believers or not). Some OT laws, like keeping the sabbath and abstaining from eating "unclean" meats, were symbolic ordinances that were exclusively for Israel. Other laws, like those forbidding murder, rape, and theft, are based on morality and should be enforced by all governments. We should be diligent to rightly divide God's word.

As for Jesus, He upheld the entire OT Law during His earthly ministry.

[jesus]"Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."[/jesus] Matthew 5:17-20​

As for spanking and democracy, those are great topics that we could discuss if you're up for it.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
No clarification needed. Reread, and think about it. It'll make sense to you eventually. Let go of that "nicer than God" stuff and take a close look with no preconceived notions about how Jesus treated people. Then, as you deal with people, think of what you would want Jesus catching you doing if He came back today.

Turbo tries to take us away from the topic at hand. But Bob Enyart, spanking, democracy, and OT law are not the key issues. Perhaps later a discussion on them, but not now. That's not the point.

Reread my post about your role as a moderator.

As far as I'm concerned, this issue is closed, and you are not involved. I will speak no more of it, unless Erin wants to chat about anything.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
No clarification needed. Reread, and think about it.
I see your early posts which I quoted above, where you say that Jesus was always nice to everybody. Then I see posts where you acknowledge that Jesus was indeed not nice to certain people when appropriate.

Turbo tries to take us away from the topic at hand. But Bob Enyart, spanking, democracy, and OT law are not the key issues.
You brought them up.

Perhaps later a discussion on them, but not now. That's not the point.
Right. The point was to attempt to smear a fellow Christian whom you don't even know.

Reread my post about your role as a moderator.
Reread erinmarie's post on my role as her brother-in-law. If you have a problem with me as a moderator, feel free to take it up with Knight.

As far as I'm concerned, this issue is closed, and you are not involved. I will speak no more of it, unless Erin wants to chat about anything.
How convenient for you.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Turbo, leave it alone. She smeared me, and she smeared me big time. She does not even know me. So how can you get on my case for smearing her, when she made all those horrid judgements about me? Don't defend her. She has no right any more than I do. Just cus she's your sister in law doesn't mean you have to take sides. You got to admit, she was out of line.

Now I ask you again to leave it alone. Just because you're a moderator doesn't mean you are always right. I have no problem with you or Erin anymore. I'll accept her apology at any time. And as I said in my other posts, if I offended her I am sorry.

Last edited:

SOTK

julie21 said:
I think that who individuals want to talk to throughout the board is up to the individual, and they should not be judged against for merely being civil to others. If a Christian converses with an atheist about Christ, the time of day or the weather, they should be free to do that without condemnation. If what the Edge is doing is wrong in the eyes of the Lord, he will no doubt find this out one glorious day, as we all will be judged for how we treated our fellow man, Christian, atheist, agnostic, sinner, whatever. Or, if it was noticed by others that he was beginning to slip into their way of non-belief, I am sure that he would be shown this in a brotherly Christian way. Until then, I am sure that The Edge is a prayerful person, and has/will look to the Lord for guidance in what he should do in this matter.
If Christians only spoke to Christians, there would not be much growth in the Lord's body, and we would not be doing the Lord's work.

:thumb:

I haven't completely kept up with this whole thread, but I have read a little. I agree with Julie in that there is no reason why Christians can not converse or have friendships with non-believers. I have a few friends who are non-believers. I have learned a lot from them and I pray that they have learned a lot from me. As a Christian, I do think it's important that we don't give our non-believing friends the wrong idea. It's important that we don't compromise our belief in Christ nor God's Word for the sake of friendships or for being accepted. If we do this, we're doing more harm than good.

The Edge,

One thing I have noticed in this thread is that you haven't dropped it. As Christians, once we publicly confront eachother on differences or wrongs, I think we should drop it. It seems to me that Erin Marie has done this. I think after you confront a brother and sister, the rest is up to God.

In Christ,

SOTK

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
In humility I have retracted my recent posts drawing Erin out for an apology. She can do so at any time in public or in private but I won't force. I don't mean to antagonize. The bottom line is she was wrong and was called on it.

All is forgiven as far as I'm concerned. But I still do not agree with her or Turbo.
I have no hard feelings. I just think it's right to give an apology when you hurt someone's feelings. I don't know how someone can profess to be a Christian and be like that. Again, sorry for my part of dragging it out. Was just trying to get my apology, that's all. :)

Last edited:

wickwoman

Turning Tables

Turning Tables

O.K., all "non-Christians," gather together in a little circle for a pep talk:

*whispering* Zak, Granite, Purex, anyone else here: I have no problem whatsoever with you guys being nice to any of the Christians on this website, just don't sell out. ;)

O.K. break! *clap*

Zakath

Resident Atheist
wickwoman said:

*whispering* Zak, Granite, Purex, anyone else here: I have no problem whatsoever with you guys being nice to any of the Christians on this website, just don't sell out. ;)

O.K. break! *clap*
:BRAVO:

Glad you approve... :chuckle:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
wickwoman said:

O.K. break! *clap*
Define "sell out." --in a nice way, of course. :D