toldailytopic: The rapture. When will it happen and what will it be like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree.

Which also means that Satan could be the source behind things such as dispensationalism or MAD.

You are a moron of epic proportions. Anybody that reads your posts is dumber than when they started. You are coming from so far in left field, you make Omega look normal.

Ephesians 3:2

if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ephesians 3:2

if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you

(Col 1:25) Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

Using your logic, "God" is a time period.

SaulToPaul 2

Every pulpit of every church, Mr. Conspiracy theorist?

Eph. 4:11-13 Poor Jesus, failed at His mission?

2 Cor 11
14: And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15: Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Do a little test. Visit every church in your town and keep track of how many teach the following as the way of righteousness.

Romans 3
21: But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22: Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

You will find that 9 out of 10 add something to or take away from this. Something like "saving faith is not divorced from loving obedience to the revealed moral law of God", AS IF your loving obedience could possibly add to the RIGHTEOUSNESS of GOD in CHRIST JESUS.

john w

Hall of Fame
STP is just looking for more reasons to not go to church.

Anything negative he can find about local churches he uses as another excuse to not go to church, or participate in a local church.

Now his excuse is that a pastor may be really doing the work of Satan. Yet he has no problem believing everything hook, line, and sinker that MAD men such as Bullinger and Stam write.

Oh the irony!!!

_
Who, or what, taught you to go to "church?" Paul? "Jesus?"Is going to "church" sound doctrine? You are not Paul, and "you aint Jesus."Yet you have no problem believing everything hook, line, and sinker that Brtish Israelists, Preterists, your rabbi, your pastor write.

What a mess.

SaulToPaul 2

_
Who, or what, taught you to go to "church?" Paul? "Jesus?"Is going to "church" sound doctrine? You are not Paul. and "you aint Jesus."Yet you have no problem believing everything hook, line, and sinker that Brtish Israelists, Preterists, your rabbi, your pastor write.

What a mess.

Dinner at Morelli's? You, me, Barn, and the British Israelist? :chew:
Then, we'll swing by All Souls Church for communion.

john w

Hall of Fame
(Col 1:25) Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

Using your logic, "God" is a time period.

_

Using your logic, you are the son of godrulz.

john w

Hall of Fame
Dinner at Morelli's? You, me, Barn, and the British Israelist? :chew:
Then, we'll swing by All Souls Church for communion.
_
Sorry, fellow Esquiree, but I'm headin' up to Raleigh, and going to the
Raleigh's art house movie theater, and I'm seein' again that Italian picture that we read about in the paper, ‘Bread, Love and Beans,' and it is plenty risque, let me tell you.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
STP, Nick, jw: There is a danger to make the gospel too broad (inclusivism), but I think you guys make it too narrow (my way or the highway), failing to distinguish essential gospel truth from peripheral theological debates (such as eschatology, dispensationalism, charismatics, etc.).

Butterfly

STP, Nick, jw: There is a danger to make the gospel too broad (inclusivism), but I think you guys make it too narrow

Matthew 7:14
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. (e.g. - Rodgulz)

2 Timothy 1:15
This you know, that all those in Asia have turned away from me, among whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes..

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Matthew 7:14
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. (e.g. - Rodgulz)

2 Timothy 1:15
This you know, that all those in Asia have turned away from me, among whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes..

The first reference refers to Jesus, the gate/door/way vs Buddha, Hinduism, Muhammad, Mormonism, the Pope, David Koresh, Jim Jones, Rev. Moon, etc. (Jn. 14:6; Acts 4:12).

It does not justify making the gospel narrower than faith in Christ (i.e. some MAD equating a rejection of MAD as a rejection of Christ/gospel; some Pentecostals making tongues, etc. salvific; Catholicism; beloved57 TULIP gospel, etc.).

2 Tim. does not mean that every Christian turned away from Paul or that all fell from the faith. Hyperbole is used in other places and 'everyone' does not literally mean every human on the planet. It does suggest that there was a general failure to support Paul in his time of need.

YahuShuan

Knight...it will be like you got stoned and you missed it!

The Trib has begun. Y'all best get ready now for the second three and a half years...and you had best be ready at three. Fair warning.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Knight...it will be like you got stoned and you missed it!

The Trib has begun. Y'all best get ready now for the second three and a half years...and you had best be ready at three. Fair warning.

The Tribulation of 7 years has not started. On what basis do you think it has? The Church will not be here for it and we are still here...so...even if we go through the Trib, He is with us and we are prepared to live or die.

YahuShuan

The Tribulation of 7 years has not started. On what basis do you think it has? The Church will not be here for it and we are still here...so...even if we go through the Trib, He is with us and we are prepared to live or die.

Sounds like you aren't sure..."even if". The basis is Scripture. Oh, I forgot, the Old Testament don't count in most of your eyeballs. I'm sure y'all will figure out His timetable is Hebraic soon enough. Greek eyes don't see. Israel +62-63 on your Gregorian garbalendar...what "day" IS it...LOL! Leaves only 7 left. This is the day the gentiles must seek from the Jews...tick tock goes HIS clock.

Shabbat Shalom!

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Sounds like you aren't sure..."even if". The basis is Scripture. Oh, I forgot, the Old Testament don't count in most of your eyeballs. I'm sure y'all will figure out His timetable is Hebraic soon enough. Greek eyes don't see. Jerusalem, +62-63...what "day" IS it...LOL! Leaves only 7 left. This is the day the gentiles must seek from the Jews...tick tock goes HIS clock.

Shabbat Shalom!

The OT mostly relates to Messiah/Israel. The Bible includes the NT and is progressive revelation. The NT was written in Greek and completes our eschatological understanding.

YahuShuan

The OT mostly relates to Messiah/Israel. The Bible includes the NT and is progressive revelation. The NT was written in Greek and completes our eschatological understanding.

Which writer of Scripture was Greek?
If none, which of them thar Jews THOUGHT in Greek?
NOT ONE.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Which writer of Scripture was Greek?
If none, which of them thar Jews THOUGHT in Greek?
NOT ONE.

It is controversial whether Luke was Gentile or Jew. The point is that the NT is written in Koine Greek. Jesus the Jew knew it, as did John, Paul, etc.

YahuShuan

It is controversial whether Luke was Gentile or Jew. The point is that the NT is written in Koine Greek. Jesus the Jew knew it, as did John, Paul, etc.

No, to me the point is that all the writers though process was Hebrew, or "cyclical", the Greek way of though is linear, that creates "paths" not circles. When one is told to stay on the circle and then follows a path, they go far away from that little road they were supposed to stay on. Since they have gone so far away from that road is the reason behind the statement in Revelation saying "repent" which really means GO BACK, and then Yahu'Shua says in addition the reason for going back..."return to your FIRST love". We are not able to do so without first "seeking from the Jews". That is why no one realizes what they read, because it was twisted before they got it. Now they must go back and "seek" that in order to "find" it. The END is known OUT OF the beginning. Not the other way around. Scriptures say so. If one does not know the precepts that go on precepts, they have no sense of the order of things. And so, their times and seasons just won't match up.

Simply find the word you see in Greek, then go to the OT to see what the Hebrew word WAS, and one can find an understanding. Do that throughout, and one begins to see...indeed, it was never Yah who authored the confusions.

Shabbat Shalom

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Hebrew and Greek are different languages. Koine Greek had evolved beyond classical Greek. Going from Hebrew to Greek (LXX) had limitations. Going from Greek to Hebrew would also have limitations due to the differences in grammar, word availability, etc. We should interpret OT/NT in their original languages and recognize progressive revelation. Trying to understand NT Greek by matching it with old Hebrew is not the way to do exegesis.

John wrote in a circular style, but Paul was linear. Paul wrote most of the NT.

Status
Not open for further replies.