toldailytopic: What "yet to be thought of" invention would help you the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 23rd, 2010 10:43 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Yet to be thought of or yet to actually be invented.

Because I think cybernetic enhancement would be pretty cool.

But what would really benefit me is if there was some device or procedure that could alter ones genetics and change their body or cure genetic defects and hereditary disease.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I could use....

A device that could locate objects of a certain type. For instance... you tell the device to locate keys and it would show you a diagram of your surrounding area (like a sonar) and highlight where any keys might be. You could locate remote controls, wallets, glasses, anything with a recognizable shape.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I could use....

A device that could locate objects of a certain type. For instance... you tell the device to locate keys and it would show you a diagram of your surrounding area (like a sonar) and highlight where any keys might be. You could locate remote controls, wallets, glasses, anything with a recognizable shape.
What would happen if you asked it to find a brain in Granite's head?

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A capacitor that had about 100 times the energy density of current ultra-capacitors at current capacitor prices.

TDP that actually worked.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Humming a tune into a computer microphone that is uploaded to a music search engine that then finds the actual song I cannot remember the title to.

AMR

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The perpetual motion machine.

It would eliminate me spending $100.00 a week at the gas pump, $200.00 a month on my electric bill, and those $400.00 gas bills in the winter.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A new type of clothes washer that could separate the clothes (colors, whites, darks) wash them, then dry them and fold them.

The Berean

It would eliminate me spending $100.00 a week at the gas pump, $200.00 a month on my electric bill, and those $400.00 gas bills in the winter.

Those darn pesky Laws of Thermodynamics are so annoying aren't they? :think:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
How about a pill, aspirin size, which has a lift-up top and a clock to set underneath. You set the clock at sleep time and wake time, the swallow it; the pill puts you to sleep and you do not wake up until the second setting. They are not addictive, so you can take them anytime you want to sleep.

gsweet

I could use....

I'd buy it. Though I'd also modify it: I want the same device, but you'd be able to program an element or compound that you were looking for, and set a concentration limit. For example, you could walk around the beach with your device preprogrammed to only pick up and visualize objects that were >50% gold by weight. I'd find that buried treasure in no time! Conversely, this type of technology would put me out of a job.

I think I'd like someone to develop a wrist watch that would actually stop time whenever you stopped the watch. Might be kinda dangerous though... :D

MrRadish

It's save you more than that! After it'd destroyed the universe you would never need to spend again...

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I would like to have a time machine, when I was younger and have gone back to a more, shall I say, rural time when personal liberties were a reality.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
A new type of clothes washer that could separate the clothes (colors, whites, darks) wash them, then dry them and fold them.
That would be a clothes washer, dyer & folder, not just a clothes washer then.:eek:

They invented those already... it's called a wife.

:drum:

;) Don't beat me up I was just kidding I promise!!!
Why do brides wear white?

Why are a woman's feet smaller than a man's?

I've been trying to build one for years. I can't seem to get the software to work. That's what happens when a mechanical engineer tries to write software. :chuckle:
I was going to tell you you'd be better off finding a wife, but then I saw that you're an engineer.

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 23rd, 2010 10:43 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Ha! Like I'd tell you! You'd run off with my ideas and become a millionaire. That would really stink!

Status
Not open for further replies.