ARCHIVE: Zakath is Genuine!

docrob57

I think I will start a new thread . . .Does Zakath exist? I have no strong empirical evidence for either the affirmative or the negative on this one.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
docrob57 said:
I think I will start a new thread . . .Does Zakath exist? I have no strong empirical evidence for either the affirmative or the negative on this one.
:p

If I decide not to show up and argue for my existence, will that bolster your case? :chuckle:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
docrob57 said:
I see that all roads lead back to Bob Enyart's conviction. I was hoping to say something either positive or negative about Zakath. Alas, my hopes have been dashed.
Hey, it's TOL... "all ways here are Bob's ways..." (with apologies to Lewis Carroll);)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
docrob57 said:
I see that all roads lead back to Bob Enyart's conviction. I was hoping to say something either positive or negative about Zakath. Alas, my hopes have been dashed.
Don't let us stop you.

Caille

wickwoman said:
Oh go ahead. the Topic is Zak is Genuine. If you DON't like Zak, you must post on Zak is a fraud. ;)

Yeah - I'm sorry Wick, didn't mean to hijack the thread. I'm a long time lurker, but a newbie at posting and would have split this off into a new thread if I knew how.

BTW - I agree with your original post !

Caille

deardelmar said:
this article ,the one that callie provided, said that Enyart was holding his toddler daughter.

Gotta laugh at your slip - you're not an AOMCI'er by any chance ?

If not, you're making the same mistake folks made back in the 20's .

Caille

deardelmar said:
Ask all the questions you want. I said I could prove that not everything in the article was correct and I did just that. I choose to answer the only question that had to do with what I stated. I will be happy to answer the other questions but it will have to wait till I have a little more time.

I patiently await your response.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Caille said:
Did Enyart use a belt ?
yes, 6 swats on the back side (not on the back as some have said)
Was the the child Enyart's stepson at the time of the incident ?
no , he spanked him at the request of the boys mother.
Was the father convinced that abuse had occurred?
I would guess so. Or he was mad at his EX
Was the judge convinced that abuse had occurred ?
Yes I'm sure the Judge is convinced that spanking is child abuse.
BTW - why would you think that I would be willing to take the word of a convicted child abuser ?
You wouldn't. I, on the other hand know the man, I know one of his sons and I do take him at his word.

Caille

deardelmar said:
yes, 6 swats on the back side (not on the back as some have said) no , he spanked him at the request of the boys mother. I would guess so. Or he was mad at his EX Yes I'm sure the Judge is convinced that spanking is child abuse.
You wouldn't. I, on the other hand know the man, I know one of his sons and I do take him at his word.

Thanks for your response. Personally, I don't consider spanking to be abuse. But that gray area between discipline and abuse is not the same for everybody. When you get members outside the immediate family structure involved (Enyart, in this case) and then the authorities, it becomes very tangled indeed. In an ideal world, the mother and father would mete out discipline with agreement between them as to the severity.

In this case (or similar cases, when the parents don't agree), who do you think should make the determination as to whether abuse has occurred ? (and I did see your response to the effect that it should not be someone who thinks that spanking is abuse - that's a non-answer unless we can define spanking. My interpretation is that it would be applied with the open hand only – use of a hairbrush, belt, willow switch or “rod” would require a modifier, as in “spanked with a hairbrush”)

But again, who gets to make the call when there's disagreement between the parents?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Six times seems unwise and excessive. One or two with other consequences would be more reasonable if you want to be wise and above reproach. 6 taps might be like 2 hard ones. Leaving marks is not a tap.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Caille said:
Thanks for your response. Personally, I don't consider spanking to be abuse. But that gray area between discipline and abuse is not the same for everybody. When you get members outside the immediate family structure involved (Enyart, in this case) and then the authorities, it becomes very tangled indeed. In an ideal world, the mother and father would mete out discipline with agreement between them as to the severity.

In this case (or similar cases, when the parents don't agree), who do you think should make the determination as to whether abuse has occurred ? (and I did see your response to the effect that it should not be someone who thinks that spanking is abuse - that's a non-answer unless we can define spanking. My interpretation is that it would be applied with the open hand only – use of a hairbrush, belt, willow switch or “rod” would require a modifier, as in “spanked with a hairbrush”)

But again, who gets to make the call when there's disagreement between the parents?
See i think hands are for holding. My instument of choice is a wide, smooth, solid wooden paddle. It spreads the sting over a large area and makes it very unlikely to leave a bruse or a mark. I don't automaticly think that leaving a mark = abuse but I do think it unwise in todays politcal climate!

wickwoman

I remember that people talking about their spanking methods grosses me out. See post just above yours.

Yes, let's talk about how great Zak is. He needs cheering up! We think those red squares are actually a testimony to his ability to be himself no matter what the "in crowd" thinks of him.

Caledvwlch

wickwoman said:
I remember that people talking about their spanking methods grosses me out. See post just above yours.

Yes, let's talk about how great Zak is. He needs cheering up! We think those red squares are actually a testimony to his ability to be himself no matter what the "in crowd" thinks of him.
If only there was a Homer Simpson smiley to go along with:

"Zak is great!
In your face!
La la la!
Let's go to Moe's!":cheers:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
wickwoman said:

Thanks for the thought, WW. Though, for the near future it's probably not healthy for your Rep score to be seen standing too close to me. :D

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Caledvwlch said:
If only there was a Homer Simpson smiley to go along with:

"Zak is great!
In your face!
La la la!
Let's go to Moe's!":cheers:
I'll drink to that. :cheers:
It's getting close to 5:00 around Moscow about now.

wickwoman

That's O.K. We PA&A like the red squares. It's a badge of honor. We could make it the newest trendy fashion statement. I look really good in red.

Caledvwlch

wickwoman said:
That's O.K. We PA&A like the red squares. It's a badge of honor. We could make it the newest trendy fashion statement. I look really good in red.
Then we have a long way to go to catch up with aikido