ARCHIVE: apology for the manner of my attack on Bob Enyart

Mr. 5020

ShadowMaid said:
Given permission, does that still make it wrong?

If I had a babysitter whom I trusted, and she/he was babysitting my children, I would allow them to spank my kids.
To the point of red welts?

ShadowMaid

Mr. 5020 said:
To the point of red welts?

For goodness sakes! I can make a red mark (small welt), by slapping my finger against my arm! If doesn't even hurt! Of course I want the spanking to hurt/sting, so yes, welts are okay.

Mr. 5020

ShadowMaid said:
For goodness sakes! I can make a red mark (small welt), by slapping my finger against my arm! If doesn't even hurt! Of course I want the spanking to hurt/sting, so yes, welts are okay.
I'm talking about welts/bruises that last long enough for the police to take pictures later. I have a feeling we'll just agree to disagree on this one.

ShadowMaid

Mr. 5020 said:
I'm talking about welts/bruises that last long enough for the police to take pictures later. I have a feeling we'll just agree to disagree on this one.

I have made welts that last a pretty long time. My sister and Dad have left bruises. It's true, we really don't want the police getting on our case, but we're not child abusers. Welts and bruises are okay.

SOTK

Knight said:
The Denver Post is a left wing wacko newspaper. The more "conservative" paper here in town is the Rocky Mountain News. A few years ago the News and the Post merged which left no balance at all.

You ought to try reading The Oregonian some time! :down: I live next to Portland, Oregon which is liberal city! :freak:

SOTK

Mr. 5020 said:

Did you happen to read my post on spanking in the "Zakath is Genuine" thread. I basically wrote that spanking is not a science; I don't believe any form of discipline is. Time outs have backfired on me before. My point is that things can sometimes not go the way you want them to go. Spanking is no exception. I once left marks and bruises on my son due to his squirming around. In my attempt to hold him down, my spanking tool came down a little wrong. Personally, I feel this was a natural consequence of my son failing to follow my directions. I felt a little bad about it at first, but as I said, I really saw it as a natural consequence. He sure learned from it! Interestingly enough, he doesn't move around anymore! Not only that, he's hardly needed a spanking since!

My son once got into a fight in pre-school. He antagonized a kid and the kid hauled off and smacked him. It left a bruise and mark. Should I have pressed charges against the kid? No. My son got what was coming to him. It was a natural consequence, and again, one he learned from.

We are too quick to pass judgement on things like this as a society anymore. It's ridiculous! A kid got kicked out of school around my area because he kissed a girl on the cheek. They called it sexual harassment. The kids were 8 years old! :doh:

This kind of stuff never happened when I was a kid. Teachers and principlas spanked and it wasn't abuse. I just think it's ridiculous! :nono:

I do want to say that I believe child abuse exists and it happens. I've seen it. All I'm saying is that the line between child abuse and corporal punishment is extremely blurred. We're not being honest with ourselves if we don't see how probable it is that their are good parents out there being crucified by the liberal media. We are also kidding ourselves if we don't think it's possible that parents can be wrongly prosecuted for child abuse. I've also seen this.

I'm telling you; our society has gone plain looney :kookoo:!

ShadowMaid

ninjashadow said:
Why can't we all just get along?

Humans don't want to accept that there's an authority over them. So they make this messed up society which contradics not only itself in many places, but it very much goes against the truth.