The Wisdom of "Eye for an eye" theology

beanieboy

I also think it is baiting. It goes like this:

A: You are a ****ing ******er that *******s every night with *******s. You digusting ******ing pile of ****.
B: What the hell are you babbling about?
A: Moderator!!! B used the word hell!

Moderator: B, this is your one and final warning....

TOL is a place to foster a conservative belief, but as long as you tow the party line, you can be sexually graphic, use innuendo, be vulgar, arrogant, rude, etc.

If you don't tow the party line, and question these tactics, you are held to a higher standard.

I see the latter as a blessing. Better to have strictness applied to you, than to have free reign, digging oneself into the pits of hell, and even being lent a hand.

Mathew 15:
17"Anything you eat passes through the stomach and then goes out of the body. 18But evil words come from an evil heart and defile the person who says them. 19For from the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, all other sexual immorality, theft, lying, and slander.

Buddhism teaches that one should have purity of thought, because from there, will come purity of speech, and purity of action. But if one has filthy thoughts, it will come out of their mouth in unpure speech, and hateful action.

I am convinced that while posters such as julie21 have clearly stated that they oppose homosexuality, they are still attacked for the rebuke of not acting Godly by false christians who choose their behavior over the rebuke, who do not reflect on what they are rebuked for. Their goal is to maintain their hostility at the world, to bring discord over peace, to exhalt themselves over sinners, to justify hatred and contempt. Any challenge to that causes a threat, and the person is therefore attacked, called a fool or crazy, called "too nice," or any other lie that falls off their tongue. And that should be expected. Darkness does not like to be brought into the light.

In a world that is cold and selfish, should one ever worry about being "too loving"? Are we all so full of love, that we act overly loving? Is it possible to be overly loving?

If anything, this place shows me the cruelty of the world, some of the sickness of the church, and the pockets of goodness that can be found amongst it. It strengthens those who suffer for righteousness sake, challenges you to turn to the bible to see when verses are being misused by the saved, and to really seek The Light. For all of those things, I am very grateful.

julie21

I vote for the current as best. :) Well, the eyelids are dropping and it is gone past midnight here in Oz so I am off to catch some sleep. You will all be in my prayers in various ways.
Goodnight.

Rimi

Hasan_ibn_Sabah said:
Deep rooted sociopathy brought on by childhood trauma, also including narcissisitic personality disorder brought by on corporate narcissism of the group the subject belongs to

BB's getting awards now, huh. Afraid to imagine what the award is in the shape of.

Rimi

wickwoman said:
Hi Rimi. Thanks for asking but I was born about 10 years later than that. Don't think I didn't notice your little accident was meant to be insulting, since my picture is right in my avatar and I know I don't look like I'm 50's. But, since that sort of thing really doesn't matter to me, it was amusing at best.

Little touchy about the age thing, eh. Actually, I had no idea that was you. How you look is a matter of opinion, eye of the beholder and all that.

Rimi

julie21 said:
I think it was well deserved.
Someone has to remind you to act in a more Christian manner than you have been in this thread and in others Rimi.I do not care where the rebuke of your foul language useage or your dirty remarks about BB in particular, but others as well come from, as long as they come. Though I believe that you will not take the rebukes as they have been given...out of love...in some case Christian, and non- Christian in others.
The Moderators seem to be giving you free reign with the language and inuendos that you have laid out re BB, without proof of some I might add, but if they want new people coming to the board, that will carry the party line that you are on, then I guess they will run with that objective in mind. And it might be a good ploy to get a general 'clearing' of those they don't want from the board. Is that how it goes?

fowl language? Oh, you mean the metaphors? Wonder why you never rebuked BB when he insinuated God is a fag because He's a designer. And I'm sure there are other obnoxious remarks. You should know better.

Rimi

Wow, this really goes with your avatar, WW!!

Now, if only you could discern Godly wisdom as deftly as a simple typing error. But, nah.

beanieboy

Hasan_ibn_Sabah said:
I am seriously thinking of changing my diagnosis to demonic possession instead of sociopathy

I would suggest changing it to Village Idiot.

And I thought MN mosquitoes were bad....

beanieboy

Rimi said:
fowl language? Oh, you mean the metaphors? Wonder why you never rebuked BB when he insinuated God is a fag because He's a designer. And I'm sure there are other obnoxious remarks. You should know better.

Someone asked if Homosexuality was designed.
I said, "well, if God is a "designer", and was male, and only made one male originally, who knows....

It was a stupid joke.
I apologize if you were offended.
I don't think God is gay. In fact, since I see God as asexual, I really don't think he is sexually attracted to either male nor female, because otherwise, he would have a really hard time getting a date, not having a body and all.

But my apologies for something that offended you. It was simply a joke, and I'm sorry.

julie21

Rimi: Wonder why you never rebuked BB when he insinuated God is a fag because He's a designer. And I'm sure there are other obnoxious remarks. You should know better.
You may very well wonder, but the fact is if I haven't seen it, then I cannot rebuke. Simple as that. So I do actually know what is the 'better' thing to do, but I question that you yourself are not exhibiting this same good judgement within your recent posts. Any others you might have issue with, feel freee to bring to my attention, though I have my doubts that any are of this nature. 'Obnoxious' remarks are not the same as you have been posting lately Rimi, but as I said, feel free to point the posts of BB'S out that you believe are as odorous as yours and I will comment.
beanieboy said:
I said, "well, if God is a "designer", and was male, and only made one male originally, who knows....

It was a stupid joke.
I don't think God is gay. In fact, since I see God as asexual, I really don't think he is sexually attracted to either male nor female, because otherwise, he would have a really hard time getting a date, not having a body and all.

But my apologies for something that offended you. It was simply a joke, and I'm sorry.
If I had seen the post previously BB, it would have offended me as well, but I am certainly glad that you have seen the error of your way in this Beanie and have apologised publically for it. I have faith that you will do so no more.

Last edited:

Rimi

beanieboy said:

It was a stupid joke.

Sure, a joke. But you say you apologize IF I'm offended? I think I made that clear. I don't put much stock in what your thoughts on God are as they would be offensive to His Person. I wanted to believe you were sincere with your apology but then I remember the sick comments you make about me and my "history" . . . Those were just jokes too? Someone gets molested and you think it's a joke. Guess that means you don't have any problem with the two known pedophiles working the fag parade in CA. I just don't believe your apology.