toldailytopic: Must see TV. What is the one show currently on TV that you make a poin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I like The Closer. New episodes are starting in July.

Does she deal with crime seriously like Joe Friday, or spend most dialogue trying to maintain her relationship with her fiancé? Does she look like a real woman cop or a model?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Seinfeld is a good TV series, for the most part.

I saw a program were Seinfeld claimed he started the plot-less, funny catch phrases. I just don't like that snappy line canned laughter. Same with 2 1/2 Men, all silly sexual innuendo, not that it is all that offensive, just boring to me. I like a good action police drama, like Hawaii 5-0, or sitcoms with story plots and not much silly laugh lines.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
The Family Guy on Fox. I know,religious conservatives and Catholics hate it,and find it extremely offensive,and the morons at the American Family Association want to ban it.
But this show is an equal opportunity offender.It pokes fun at everything and everybody, conservatives and liberals.
Yes,it's crude,tasteless, and vulgar, but it may very well be the funniest comedy show in the history of television. It always delivers the belly laughs. Seth McFarlane is a comic genius !

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Closer, Burn Notice, once in a while. Other than that we frequent the Hallmark Channel. There was one that was canceled that we really liked it was, "The Forgotten".

We several box sets, Law and Order, Dragnet, McGyver, Little House On The Prairie, The Walton's, Gun Smoke.​

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The Family Guy on Fox. I know,religious conservatives and Catholics hate it,and find it extremely offensive,and the morons at the American Family Association want to ban it.
But this show is an equal opportunity offender.It pokes fun at everything and everybody, conservatives and liberals.
Yes,it's crude,tasteless, and vulgar, but it may very well be the funniest comedy show in the history of television. It always delivers the belly laughs. Seth McFarlane is a comic genius !

I think I have seem that; does it have a talking dog? You know what is funny about the Simpsons, they never age. Pebbles, on the Flintstones aged, but not Maggie. The cartoon I liked a bit was King of the Hill.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
TV shows? :yawn:

The vast majority of what I watch is news or sports. The last TV show I was into was Prison Break.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

The Family Guy jumped the shark.

WizardofOz

True Blood

:thumb: That's a good show, just finished season 2.

I also currently like Dexter. I always rent my shows since I do not have cable. And that way I never have to wait until next week. :D

They are showing Magnum P.I. on retroTV. It's always been a guilty pleasure. :noid:

kmoney

Hall of Fame

I also currently like Dexter. I always rent my shows since I do not have cable. And that way I never have to wait until next week. :D

They are showing Magnum P.I. on retroTV. It's always been a guilty pleasure. :noid:

Why is Magnum PI a guilty pleasure? It's a good show. Unless the pleasure you get is from seeing Tom Selleck in those short shorts. :flamer:

WizardofOz

Why is Magnum PI a guilty pleasure? It's a good show. Unless the pleasure you get is from seeing Tom Selleck in those short shorts. :flamer:

It is a good show, but it is certainly retro. I guess it's a guilty pleasure since it's one of the few more obscure shows I still watch whenever I can. Lay off the shorts, it's Hawaii :chuckle:

I'm actually watching it right now, the episode where Thomas turns 40.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

Of course it's not true if one is a woman, definitely not true. :)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Now what it that about? Vampires, or vampires as the new oppressed out-group?

Vampires, and other supernatural creatures. It's kind of like an updated version of Dark Shadows, with a lot of dark humor.

True Blood is my fave show, and *the* one program I never miss. I also watch House, Sons of Anarchy, Criminal Minds, and some of the stuff on the science channels.

BabyChristian

Now I just don't know about today's TV shows. I liked TV shows back when I was too busy to watch them regularly. I have netflix and right now I am watching the Andy Griffith show and I also get Taxi and Adam 12. I own MASH and even if it is leaning to the left, I think it is funny. The last TV sitcon I liked was Cheers. I read some about Lost, but a fear it has too much of that modern dialogue, I cannot explain what bothers me about it, but it does bother me; I guess it is the constant battle of the sexes which gets under my skin?

Now I think my fellow members would be doing me a favour if they would suggest some good newer TV shows. I watch The Fugitive and Perry Mason from the library and sometimes the Walton's. I could order something more current and might give the Sopranos a try, but I will bet it has that modern dynamic and is not of the same dialogue as the Godfather. I am open to suggestions.

ktoyou, you can go to hulu.com and watch many many old shows for free and I think movies too. (not sure about movies)

I still like House.

zoo22

We don't have TV.

But we've been watching Breaking Bad on Netflix.

I also like 30 Rock & The Office.

I think I'll like Mad Men, but I still have to dive in.

I do miss LOST a lot. But especially in retrospect, I really didn't like the last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.