ARCHIVE: Zakath is Genuine!

PureX

julie21 said:
Turbo, I will answer your post...for clarification, I did not say that Governments should forgive criminals. Just leave the death penalty for God to administer as he sees fit on the Final day. Governments should use good judgement of removing from society those who are incapable of allowing others to live as they should be able to, peacefully and safely.
There seems to be a prevelent misconception among a lot of religious fundamentalists that the function of our criminal justice system is to punish people. They don't seem to understand that the function of our criminal justice system is to protect us from each other and from itself. We don't put people in prisom because we judged them "bad", we put them in prison because we believe that they've committed crimes against other people, and we need to stop them from doing this. I really wish more people would understand this, because I think our criminal justice system would work a lot better if we would leave off this stupid idea of vengeance against criminals. All this lust for vengeance does is make criminals of the rest of us.

If we would understand that we're not locking people up to punish them, (that's God's job, not ours) but because they have shown that they can't be trusted to live among free people, I think we'd become a lot more effective at deciding when to let people back out, and when to NEVER let them back out. And at how to deal with them while they are incarcerated.

Zimfan

wickwoman said:
I mean it.

He has a good sense of humor.

He's friendly.

He always uses good grammar.

He's intelligent.

He likes beer!

What more can I say?

More importantly, he likes Guiness. :cheers: Slainte!

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Turbo said:
But you keep bringing her up even after you said you wouldn't.

If this is how you treat people you've forgiven, then your forgiveness is cheap and meaningless.

Turbo, you're crazy. :doh:
Mentioning somebody that previously participated in a discussion does not nullify the forgiveness. Stop trying, ok? Your boy is wrong. Erin was wrong, and forgiven. I'm not the one trying to continue things. I'm getting out of this cus you Bob Enyart people are a bunch of :baby: 's and this is useless.

drbrumley

I notice he refers to us us as Bob Enyart followers, Bob Enyart people, Bob Enyart morons and such. Not followwrs of our Lord Jesus Christ,. Talk about being a moron.

drbrumley

PureX said:
. We don't put people in prisom because we judged them "bad", we put them in prison because we believe that they've committed crimes against other people, and we need to stop them from doing this..

No wonder your so messed up. Do you even read what you post?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
Turbo, you're crazy. :doh:
I'm getting out of this cus you Bob Enyart people are a bunch of :baby: 's and this is useless.
You keep saying this. And yet, you keep posting here. :think:

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Edgians..... I like that....it would be cool if I had followers, but I don't want to be a leader like that.

The most leadership I'll ever have is just having some airmen and sergeants that I'll be in charge of doing weather forecasts.

Mr. 5020

The Edge said:
Edgians..... I like that....it would be cool if I had followers, but I don't want to be a leader like that.

The most leadership I'll ever have is just having some airmen and sergeants that I'll be in charge of doing weather forecasts.
Man, they are killing you with a joke that you didn't get! Read the posts #233 - #240 very carefully....

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
:darwinsm: He still doesn't get it. :darwinsm:

:dunce: :duh: :hammer:
pretty sure he does get it. He dosen't strick me as being that thick!

Caille

Just to clarify....

Just to clarify....

According to this account, the seven year old boy that Enyart was convicted of abusing was the son of the divorced woman he was dating at the time. The charge was brought by the boy's father who was also the custodial parent. The judge was convinced of the evidence of bruises, welts and broken skin, which were the result of Enyart beating the boy with a belt.

http://www.corpun.com/usdm9904.htm

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
"Every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in."

Nobody's holding a gun to your head. You seem to be willing and more than happy to continue your drivel.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
They keep pulling me back in by making statements like that that I feel compelled to respond to because they're wrong. Sorry Poly, but you're mistaken. Things are not always as they seem.

:up: on bringing back the blue avatar.