Wickwoman's Dodge of the Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wickwoman

Turbo said:
If you found out today that God is undeniably real and is exactly as He is described in the Bible, would you suddenly want to spend eternity with Him and with all us Christians? That is getting along with us rather than quarreling with us? Would you want to spend eternity with Clete worshipping his God if you discovered that He is real?.

Wickwoman’s Comments:

Interesting phrasing. "Spend eternity with Clete worshipping his God . . . spend eternity with God and all us Christians. . . "

Does that include, Dave Miller, Chileice. If so, I'd say yes I'd enjoy an eternity with that kind of Christian. With the Clete's and the Turbo's? I think not.

And let's talk about this. Is eternity the only benefit of your faith? Because it seems to me that's all many Christians have to offer - escape from eternal torment. There are those of use who would like to have better lives right now. There are those of us who want to be better people. We want to be more compassionate and loving, more patient and kind. We want to make a difference in the lives of the poor and the disenfranchised. But what we see of most Christians is mostly rude behavior, intolerance, and unkindness. And we can be like that without your religion.

Turbo said:
A lot of people blame God when bad things happen to them or are done to them by other people, and therefore want nothing to do with God. I'm sure you know your share of people like that and you may even be one of them.

Wickwoman’s Comments:

Actually, most of us want nothing to do with YOUR RELIGION. And that's separate and apart from the true God, if one exists. Do not confuse our lack of association with your religion with a lack of desire to know God. They do not go hand in hand necessarily.

It's a simple exercise in logic. People who are interested in the Christian slant on God look to see what affect the belief system has on the Christians. And when we see what it does or doesn't do, we go running from the Cletes of the world. It's easy to be a Clete - we don't need religion for that. But a Dave Miller, a Lovejoy or a Chileice, well that's another thing altogether.

And here’s the now famous dodge:

Turbo said:
You're too much. :chuckle:

Congratulations Turbo!
You get Wickwoman’s Dodge of the Day!
:BRAVO:

Context:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=938108&postcount=23
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=940293&postcount=30
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=940293&postcount=30

PureX

People who have made their religion into their God will not be able to understand you when you try to explain to them that you are rejecting their religion, and not rejecting God. To them, these are the same things. To you and I, they are not the same thing at all.

stunrut

You know, you can just ask for the bad rep and someone will give it to you. It would be easier!

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
PureX said:
People who have made their religion into their God, will not be able to understand you when you try to explain to them that you are rejecting their religion, and not rejecting God. To them, these are the same things. To you and I, they are not the same thing at all.
Looks like you've rejected both. What can one say?

PureX

Frank Ernest said:
Looks like you've rejected both. What can one say?
One could say that you're blind, I suppose. Or one could say that you only see what you want to see so that you can feel superior to others. Or one could just generalize and call you an idiot ... if one we so inclined.

wickwoman

BillyBob said:
Uh oh....I see Bad Rep in your very near future.

Yes. I fear that is my destiny. :(

You feel very sorry for me right now, don't you. . .

You know what to do . . .

wickwoman

PureX said:
People who have made their religion into their God will not be able to understand you when you try to explain to them that you are rejecting their religion, and not rejecting God. To them, these are the same things. To you and I, they are not the same thing at all.

Yes. Funny how it seems so clear to us and many others on the "outside." But to many insiders, not so much.

wickwoman

PureX said:
One could say that you're blind, I suppose. Or one could say that you only see what you want to see so that you can feel superior to others. Or one could just generalize and call you an idiot ... if one we so inclined.

SMACK!

:BRAVO:

wickwoman

stunrut said:
You know, you can just ask for the bad rep and someone will give it to you. It would be easier!

Nah! It doesn't really matter. Though I like those little green squares. They mean nothing in real life. Only in cyber world. But I noticed an interesting trend and now I intend to be "in your face." (Not YOUR face, per se. It's just a phrase. ;) )

Granite

Hall of Fame
If God is as described in the Bible and Christians are in heaven for all eternity?

No, absolutely not. I would not want to spend an eternity in such an afterlife.

On Fire

wickwoman said:
Do not confuse our lack of association with your religion with a lack of desire to know God. They do not go hand in hand necessarily.
Do not confuse your rejection of Christ as just a choice between many true gods.

You can reject people all you want. You reject Christ and your fate is sealed.

wickwoman

On Fire said:
Do not confuse your rejection of Christ as just a choice between many true gods.

You can reject people all you want. You reject Christ and your fate is sealed.

If you'd read the post then you'd have seen that I'm not rejecting Christ, I'm rejecting the behavior of many Christians. I don't even know what you are talking about when you talk of a choice of "many true gods." Is that what you think I believe? I don't even know for sure if there is ONE god. Much less, many.

wickwoman

Granite said:
If God is as described in the Bible and Christians are in heaven for all eternity?

No, absolutely not. I would not want to spend an eternity in such an afterlife.

:nono:

On Fire

wickwoman said:
If you'd read the post then you'd have seen that I'm not rejecting Christ, I'm rejecting the behavior of many Christians. I don't even know what you are talking about when you talk of a choice of "many true gods." Is that what you think I believe? I don't even know for sure if there is ONE god. Much less, many.
Among your other 5,000+ posts are plenty of examples of you rejecting Christ.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My reply, "You're too much. :chuckle:" was specifically in response to this portion of your post:

wickwoman said:
And that's separate and apart from the true God, if one exists.

On the one hand, you act as if you are so certain that I am misrepresenting God.

On the other hand, you are not even sure whether God exists at all.

Therefore... when you say, "Let's talk about this," I say, No thanks.

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Lest you also be like him. Proverbs 26:4​

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
wickwoman said:
Feel free to show us one. :up:
You could save us the time by posting a yet another one here, or by setting us straight.

Clarify your answers if you wish, but please begin each answer with Yes or no or I don't know, please:
Does God exist?
Is Jesus God?
Are you God?
Did Jesus live a righteous and sinless life?
Have you lived a righteous and sinless life?
Did Jesus die to pay the penalty for your sins?
Was Jesus resurrected from the dead?
Are you saved by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ's resurrection?

wickwoman

Turbo said:
On the one hand, you act as if you are so certain that I am misrepresenting God.

Where did I say you were misrepresenting God?

Turbo said:
On the other hand, you are not even sure whether God exists at all.

Thats right. Laypeople call it honesty.
Turbo said:

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Lest you also be like him. Proverbs 26:4​

Interesting, but I believe your application is a bit off. Because I think this verse isn't saying just ignore the person. But it's saying do not fall into their way of thinking, do not put yourself on a level with them therefore making yourself foolish. But, respond to them with wisdom and clarity. See the key is "according to his folly." Otherwise, it could just say: "do not answer a fool."

Status
Not open for further replies.