Modern science is crazy again

way 2 go

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I do not share your faith in tissue staying soft for a million years,

All the articles in the literature so far, refer to individual compounds, not tissue. So far, no one has even found intact cells, much less functional aggregations of them, that are millions of years old. What has been reported are molecules like heme or collagen, both of which are known to last for many millions of years under proper conditions.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
or millions and millions of years

I suspect you simply do not understand what the scientific papers are describing. Please post a citation to one of the papers that causes you to question the results.

rexlunae

How can you possibly make any firm predictions about tissue that's millions of years old? Do you actually believe that there have been millions of years to draw upon to understand how they age?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

"Reisz and his colleagues argue that the mineral apatite that now makes up most of the bone matrix managed to protect the protein and collagen against further degradation." -- https://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2...osaur-bone-could-still-have-soft-tissue-in-it

What is really surprising is that there is so little biological material surviving in dinosaur bones--if you assume that they are all less than 6,000 years old.

way 2 go

I do not share your NEW faith in tissue staying soft for a million years,
or millions and millions of years and nobody else did .

- the research on Egyptian mummies that established 10,000 years as an upper limit for how long original biological molecules could survive.

http://kgov.com/dinosaur-soft-tissue-original-biological-material

Contrary to Evolutionary Expectations
: The propaganda now likely to come (like denying the Junk DNA claim, and like denying that NASA feared deep moon dust) is that Darwinists will begin to deny ever having doubted the ability of soft tissue to survive for millions (and billions) of years. So, preemptively against the same likely development regarding dinosaur soft tissue, we remember the Discover magazine report that "all hell broke loose" when "Schweitzer's dangerous discovery... erased a line between past and present." And we quote the above authors, admitting in the journal Science what already we are beginning to see some evolutionists deny:
The presence of original molecular components is not predicted for fossils older than a million years…
-Science 2007, Schweitzer, et al.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
the research on Egyptian mummies that established 10,000 years as an upper limit for how long original biological molecules could survive.

Nope. Amber, for example. Collagen. Heme. Probably lots of others.

You've been misled. Badly.

genuineoriginal

The topography of the coastline will determine how fast land will be flooded, even if the rise actually was the same in all areas.
I pointed that out when you first claimed that the rise will be faster in some places and slower in other places.

The sea level rise will be the same across the entire planet.
As parts of the coastline is flooded, the rise will slow down because there will be a larger surface area to cover with water.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I pointed that out when you first claimed that the rise will be faster in some places and slower in other places.

Turns out, it is. As the data shows, it varies, even in relatively small areas of the Earth.

Most people are surprised to learn that, just as the surface of the Earth is not flat, the surface of the ocean is not flat, and that the surface of the sea changes at different rates around the globe. For instance, the absolute water level height is higher along the West Coast of the United States than the East Coast.

You may have heard the term “global sea level,” which refers to the average height of all of the Earth's ocean basins. "Global sea level rise" refers to the increase in the average global sea level trend.

"Local sea level" refers to the height of the water measured along the coast relative to a specific point on land. Tide stations measure local sea level. "Relative sea level trends" reflect changes in local sea level over time. This relative change is the one most critical for many coastal applications, including coastal mapping, marine boundary delineation, coastal zone management, coastal engineering, sustainable habitat restoration design, and the general public enjoying their favorite beach.

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/globalsl.html

The sea level rise will be the same across the entire planet.

Nope. It isn't the same, even now.

So, that’s the big picture. Now, as for the local variations. It is true that some places—such as the East Coast of the United States and the eastern Gulf Coast off Florida, for instance—are experiencing higher than average rates of sea level rise. Two major factors account for these sea-level hotspots: local topography and changes in ocean currents. Depending on local geological factors, land in some coastal areas is actually slightly sinking, or “subsiding” as scientists describe it. This localized phenomenon can occur for a variety of reasons, but this natural settling of land can increase the rate of sea level rise in certain coastal regions. This is happening, for example in the Gulf region, where subsiding land is allowing the ocean to penetrate further inland.
http://www.ucsusa.org/publications/ask/2013/sea-level-rise.html