Its safer to own a gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
George Clooney is moving from the English country side back to America, LA to be specific.

Because the violent streets of LA are safer than being unarmed and around muslims. No other reason, don't be fooled.

Life & Style has exclusively learned that George Clooney has recently made plans to move back to LA, for the safety of his family, after the latest spate of terror attacks in England.

“He doesn’t feel like Amal and the twins are safe living in the English countryside,” an insider says. “He’s determined to move his family to LA, where he feels much more secure.”

George’s safety concerns had been growing for years. The Oscar winner “has been subject to very serious threats in the past,” reveals the source, because of his humanitarian efforts in Darfur, Sudan. And Amal’s work as an international human rights lawyer, along with her public pleas for foreign governments to prosecute terrorists, has made her a potential target.

His activism was before he went there. He is leaving because he knows in his heart muslims will chop his head off even though he defends them. And he wants to have armed guards on him at all times.

musterion

George Clooney is moving from the English country side back to America, LA to be specific.

Because the violent streets of LA are safer than being unarmed and around muslims. No other reason, don't be fooled.

Life & Style has exclusively learned that George Clooney has recently made plans to move back to LA, for the safety of his family, after the latest spate of terror attacks in England.
“He doesn’t feel like Amal and the twins are safe living in the English countryside,” an insider says. “He’s determined to move his family to LA, where he feels much more secure.”

George’s safety concerns had been growing for years. The Oscar winner “has been subject to very serious threats in the past,” reveals the source, because of his humanitarian efforts in Darfur, Sudan. And Amal’s work as an international human rights lawyer, along with her public pleas for foreign governments to prosecute terrorists, has made her a potential target.

His activism was before he went there. He is leaving because he knows in his heart muslims will chop his head off even though he defends them. And he wants to have armed guards on him at all times.

He's okay with Mohammedans chopping off other people's heads.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus told Paul on the fateful night in Gethsemane that whoever lives by the sword dies by the sword.

The statement is as plain as can be- at the time, he convicts Paul of the fact that the only thing that would come of any death he caused with that blade would only cascade into more death.

It's unfortunate how unwilling Christians are to acknowledge something so obvious_

It's plain as can be that it is not a universal truth, not true in all times, in all places, for all people.
It was a statement concerning the immediate events of that night, in the garden, with those people.

Obviously, not all people in history who have used a sword have been killed with a sword.

It's unfortunate that professing 'sermon on the mount' Christians cannot understand this fact.

musterion

There's really nothing in the New Testament that defends the idea of Christians openly brandishing weapons, let alone venerating them.

Nor is there anything about Christians leaving themselves defenseless in an evil world.

Arguments from silence can be made from more than one side. A high functioning obsessive like you should already have realized that.

musterion

I never said anything about Christians being defenseless.

I just don't agree with the emphasis on weapons- they don't really do many people that good; a hard fact conservatives don't want to acknowledge.. you have a police, whom you defend all the way to even excusing them of murder- but you still want a pistol collecting dust in your glove box

plain.gif
I don't buy it

You are a true idiot and a liar. Goodbye in advance.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Psalm 82:3 Isaiah 1:17 Reiterated by Paul to Timothy and by James. Don't you read your Bible?
Where does it say we need a sword (gun) to do these things? I don't see anyplace in Christ's teachings that tell us to by guns to protect us against those who hate us. What did the early Christians do when faced with persecution in the Colosseum?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
What was the best form of self-protection against criminals back when the best anyone could obtain was a sword, and criminals were more than ready to use them?

Your response doesn't really address the question I asked. Is the first and best protection against evil always a gun? Jesus teaches us to love our enemy, not kill them. Yet so many of us are ready to shoot first and ans questions later.

To be sure, there are times when we may be forced to use a gun to defend those that we love against those that seek to to hurt or kill them. My original question is still unanswered, why are we so afraid of each other?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
What is to be the punishment for killing a man when you did not lie in wait, or act in premeditation?

That would depend on what is in your heart, wouldn't it. If you buy a gun and hope you never need it, that is one thing. But, if you buy a gun with the hopes that you will someday get a chance to use it, that is something else entirely.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Every response you make proves my point - you'd rather talk about me than the 100 people (mostly black) who got shot in Chicago over the fourth

152 homicides in Philly so far this year

https://billypenn.com/2017/06/28/philly-2017-homicide-map-where-why-and-who/

Mostly black

I-durrrr's response?

"You're a racist! You're not a Christian!"
Don't your statistics here lend credence to people being safer WITHOUT guns? So far in 2017 there have been about 32,000 gun related incidents resulting in about 7,900 deaths. In England, where nearly all guns are outlawed, there have been about 2,550 gun related incidents. I could not find how many resulted in death. But their total incidents were about 1/3 of the just the deaths in the US. Does that not lend credence to the notion that if nobody has guns, everybody is safer?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Every response you make proves my point - you'd rather talk about me than the 100 people (mostly black) who got shot in Chicago over the fourth

152 homicides in Philly so far this year

https://billypenn.com/2017/06/28/philly-2017-homicide-map-where-why-and-who/

Mostly black

I-durrrr's response?

"You're a racist! You're not a Christian!"

I believe the Bible teaches a rough middle ground- something we have to deal with because we live in a fallen world. God never once tells us to all be martyrs and be defenseless, but He never tells us to be armed and dangerous either.

Weapons are an unfortunate part of the world that we may need to have depending on our circumstance, but we shouldn't be blazing saddles/ worshiping the gun either. I feel that America's problem is in it's self-idolization of being an armed country- a Christian country shouldn't be defined by how much heat it packs.

I mean, is that reasonable? Is there a key point I'm missing :plain:

I think you make the point perfectly. I believe that God allows for us to defend ourselves and our families against those who actively seek to harm us by using deadly force. I do not believe that God ever intended that deadly force should be our method for dealing with all threats.

Status
Not open for further replies.