JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Status
Not open for further replies.

daqq

The heart is the tablet so all this word play of the who wrote what only aplys to the earthy minded.

Who has ascended and descended the heavens: Who has gathered the wind in His fists: Who has bound the waters in a garment: Who has established all the ends of the earth: What is His Name? And what is the name of His Son if you know? :)

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I apologize for my absence on this thread, I haven't received a single notification in the last few days for some reason, and they were pretty spotty before that. I think the TOL Android app is broken. I doubt I'll be able to catch up here, but I'll try...

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
As previously posted, Paul is only an honorary "Apostle," having not been chosen with the 12 (see Luke 6:13-16.) He would technically be the 13th "Apostle." Probably with tongue-in-cheek.
"Honorary," my foot.
Nihilo, what does Acts 1:26 say?
It says that Matthias was chosen by lot. Later on, Paul is said to have been chosen, not by lot, but by hand, by the Lord Jesus Christ Himself. Paul went on the write almost half the New Testament, and as for this Matthias fellow; we never hear from or about him again. You figure it out.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Are you serious? Really. That wasn't that long, omg.

If you're too lazy, pompous or uninterested to respond and actually have a dialogue, you can just put me on ignore. I may still engage and respond to your posts among others in the interest of sharing thoughts, perspectives and opinions. What is shared is put out into the universe and will be interpreted by different minds in many different ways, that's the joy of 'dialogue'. Responding with 'TL ; DR' doesn't contribute to discussion, but is a underhanded (apathetic) way to 'avoid' confronting the points shared.
What fun is that?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
But the RCC did not begin with the lives of the Apostles.
The "RCC" wouldn't have begun at all, if not for rebellious Christians such as yourself who broke communion with the Church. "RCC" is necessary only because of wounds to Church unity, which she has endured for centuries now, and which she would prefer would just heal up.

When did Jehovah's Witnesses begin? Not during the lives of the Apostles. :nono:
It began with the apostate "wolves" that entered into the flock AFTER the last Apostle died. If you believe the word of men over the word of the Bible, then you will be easily fooled into believing anything.
Then it's a good thing I don't do that.
Scripture tells us to obey the elders in the church
Correct!
, but we have to be talking about the right church
There's only One Church.
! Your church tells you that tradition outweighs Scripture.
Never. Nope. Made up.
So who are ya going to believe---men or Scripture?
False dilemma. The men I believe are in Sacred Scripture.
It has been shown to you from the Bible that the man you call "the first pope" stated that Matthias was the 12th Apostle, yet you reject that. Men over Scripture?
The Lord Jesus Himself called Paul "a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel." He didn't say that about this Matthias fellow. Lots don't talk.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
It says that Matthias was chosen by lot.

Good, I'm glad you acknowledge this.

What else does it say about him?

Later on, Paul is said to have been chosen, not by lot, but by hand, by the Lord Jesus Christ Himself.

Correct.

Paul went on the write almost half the New Testament,

And? Luke wrote Acts, and he definitely wasn't one of the twelve Apostles.

and as for this Matthias fellow; we never hear from or about him again. You figure it out.

So did Matthias just simply stop being an apostle? We don't hear much about the other of the twelve apostles either, does that mean they were no longer apostles too?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
John 6:44-45 ASV
44 No man can come to me, except the Father that sent me draw him: and I will raise him up in the last day.
45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall all be taught of God.
Isa 54:13, Jer 31:34 Every one that hath heard from the Father, and hath learned, cometh unto me.

Nihilo Pope Translation:
"And they shall all be taught of the Vicar of Dagon Oannes."
Nope. Whatever that means, Nope.
And of course Nihilo's popes, cardinals, bishops
They are the whole ("catholic") Church's, not just mine. If you are an individual member of the Church, they are your popes, cardinals, bishops as well.
, and mother church
'Got a problem with your mother, do you?
claim to have the authority to change the scriptures whenever and wherever they see fit: and they did exactly that, in many places.
Yes, Peter, for instance, in his capacity as the supreme pastor of the Church, during the single longest papal reign since the Church began, added to the Christian Bible, explicitly, all of Paul's letters. 2nd Peter 3:15-16 (KJV) And no pope has altered Sacred Scripture since then.
It is nothing more than a modern Dagon-Oannes cult because they claim exclusive authority to pervert holy ancient writings which they stole from other cultures and people who existed long before they did.
You're a whacked conspiracy theorist for thinking so.
Nihilo does not care what the scripture actually says
Manifestly false.
; that is why he beats everyone over the head with "the Catholic INTERPRETATION"
I beat everyone over the head, who claims to believe and follow the Bible, with the Bible.
, for only his popes and church are allowed to interpret what the scripture says
The elders of the Church (in the Bible!) are the official teachers of the Church.
: you are not allowed to think for yourself in his cult
False. And if the Church is a "cult," then she is the only true cult, ordained by the Lord Jesus Himself, built by Him, upon His Apostles (Eph2:20KJV).
because the TRUE ELOHIM might show you that you are enslaved in a Babylonian fertility cult.
:idunno: Whatever.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Good, I'm glad you acknowledge this.

Correct.

And? Luke wrote Acts, and he definitely wasn't one of the twelve Apostles.

So did Matthias just simply stop being an apostle? We don't hear much about the other of the twelve apostles either, does that mean they were no longer apostles too?
We're going down your road here, not mine. If you have a hard time of it, pick another road.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
We're going down your road here, not mine. If you have a hard time of it, pick another road.
Why do you think I'm having a hard time of understanding what I personally believe? I'm asking you questions based on what you've said, attempting to follow it to it's logical conclusion.

So I ask again:

^^^ About Matthias.

Luke wrote Acts, and he definitely wasn't one of the twelve Apostles.

My question being, "does writing part of the New Testament and/or being mentioned in the writings of the New Testament make one an Apostle, or is there another mechanism that makes one an Apostle?

Was Matthias no longer an apostle, or was he still an apostle even after Paul was appointed by God?

Is there a difference between being appointed by God and appointed by the other Apostles?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Why do you think I'm having a hard time of understanding what I personally believe? I'm asking you questions based on what you've said, attempting to follow it to it's logical conclusion.

So I ask again:

^^^ About Matthias.

My question being, "does writing part of the New Testament and/or being mentioned in the writings of the New Testament make one an Apostle, or is there another mechanism that makes one an Apostle?["]
Yes, there is another mechanism, and the means of that mechanism are not in Scripture explicitly, and obviously so, since we have two accounts of a Twelfth Apostle, only one of which is actually the Twelfth; Paul.

Again, we never hear from Matthias again in Sacred Scripture after Acts 1, while Paul is featured prominently in the whole second half of Acts, and wrote almost half the New Testament. Anybody not caught up in a dispensational mental whirlwind can see this clearly, hint.
Was Matthias no longer an apostle, or was he still an apostle even after Paul was appointed by God?

Is there a difference between being appointed by God and appointed by the other Apostles?
I don't care, and nobody else who isn't a dispensationalist, cares either. We've got our Twelve, it's you who has to conjecture conspiracy theories to explain away the obvious.

KingdomRose

To Rev, re. post #1010.....

Unfortunately I cannot agree with your view that Jesus is YHWH. I would like your re-assessment after you have read, at least, the OP. Jesus was sent in the name of the Father, but that doesn't mean that he IS the Father. John 8:58 is telling us no such thing (that he is El Shaddai, YHWH). A further study of that verse will show that Jesus was not using terrible grammar (using past tense and present tense in the same sentence to explain who he is), but was speaking as many other people did when they said the same thing: ego eimi, such as the blind man in the next chapter. If what Jesus said (ego eimi showed him to be God, then the blind man is also God.

Many of these points have already been discussed. Perhaps you would benefit from reading a few of the posts.

KingdomRose

I don't know if I understand the issue? The OP asks:

They do refer to two different individuals. So what? Yeshua is using His father's name YHWH. Yeshua inherited His Father's name and is sent in His name per Deut 18. They are both YHWH. Daqq since you insist only the Father is named YHWH, I would like you to explain why the Father would use this name of Himself if the letters individually mean Behold the nail, Behold the hand?

The individual letters do NOT mean "Behold the nail, Behold the hand." Where do you get that translation? I've never heard that.

If you want to know what "YHWH" really means, this site is helpful:
https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible-teach/jehovah-meaning-of-gods-name/#?insight[search_id]=5852194e-f483-4993-9225-0274

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Metaphysical insights considered beyond all the religious opining.......

Metaphysical insights considered beyond all the religious opining.......

Just a snippet, but thought to throw a little spice into the pot :) - I agree with some points of Bart Ehrman regarding Christological history and developments, but not all conclusions. - but Bart holds court here ;)

On both ends of a spectrum, or somewhere in the kaladioscope, it becomes a matter of terms and meanings lost in translation or redefined/re-arranged,...so that no matter how you slice or dice it,...Jesus is both NOT Yahweh and IS Yahweh (his representative and/or representation), choose whatever view floats your boat, from more fundamental Unitarian or Trinitarian perspectives, and all views inbetween and beyond. (knock yourself out).

I don't think 'Real God' is so concerned about a conceptual theorem or fine tuned 'Christological formula' as he is your inward spiritual development, character and quality of being that you can be, in your communion with Him, in service to life. That might be a fundamental issue one considers in their 'theology'...for starters.

All this is still an adventure, an exploration of Universal MIND engaging in an infinite unfolding of itself in space and time (There is one primal Consciousness, ever inter-preting itself thru a matrix of concepts). Jesus is ever the image (logos), reflection, representation, expression, extension, form, revelation, of 'God', which is the Universal Father-Source, the origin and Progenitor of all. Nothing surpasses the Primacy of the Universal Father, no-thing or no-one, no matter how close in nature, character or substance a
'begotten' being is to the Begetter. Out of the Original Infinite Essence of DEITY, all is derived, born, created, brought into existence. These first principles hold, even from a theosophical perspective.

We further remind readers of the concept of 'agency', which the Messiah-Son serves in his divine capacity, AS he serves as God's AGENT. ('God' is the source of all power, identity, agency, authority, knowledge, personality, etc.) :thumb: - the 'agent' of the 'Sender' goes forth with the power and authority of the 'Sender', anointed by the Sender's Spirit, a 7-fold anointing.

No matter how you humanize or deify the person of Jesus, he is still Yahweh's AGENT, his anointed messenger, prophet, the one who reveals 'God'.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
One means one.........

One means one.........

Basic Unitarian Monotheism as revealed in the scriptures, a snippet by Anthony F Buzzard. Its a view FULLY supported by 'scriptures', for those who demand such support, as held by Jesus and his original apostles. Don't forget the Shema ;)

Zeke

Who has ascended and descended the heavens: Who has gathered the wind in His fists: Who has bound the waters in a garment: Who has established all the ends of the earth: What is His Name? And what is the name of His Son if you know? :)

Bill, George, Sabra, Henry, Luke, Margret, etc................pick a name or deity and behind it will be the only Life that exist, so the illusions of awareness only reflects the unobtainable man thinks he has trapped in word and symbol in the land of the prodigals.

Zeke

Plus read the words and symbols till the holy cows come home, they will be sour milk until one is quickened from within, or listen to the outsiders and become programmed Mancunians for traditions that need names and places.

Zeke

With a little help everyday from culture/governmentalist/religions/pharmacy etc...based on the concerns of this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.