The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

lifeisgood

As for the trinity doctrine, there are three, but the three are one and the same not different and separate as the trinitarians teach.

The trinitarians say the Father is not Spirit, Jesus is not Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is their proxy.

That is a false doctrine.

I can prove with scripture that Jesus is the Holy Spirit.

You cannot prove anything unless you pluck the particular verses you like out of its original CONTEXT and parrot your pretext.

God's Truth

When was the last time you sold everything you have.

We stay saved by continue to BELIEVE that Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work at the Cross of Calvary has saved us.

You keep on forgetting that SALVATION is ALL OF GOD, you, gt, had absolutely nothing to do with His gift; neither did I.

When you do something to receive a gift, it no longer is a gift.

God gives His gift to those He chooses to give His gift.

He chooses those who obey.

See John 14.23, and Acts 5:32.

lifeisgood

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

Exactly, because they are bringing THEIR way of salvation, which has already categorically been rejected by God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) before the foundation of the world.

You should bring the rest of the conversation, and not simply pluck certain verses that you like out of its original context, you know, the part that says, 'hey, look at all that we did. Look at us. Didn't we do this in your name? Didn't we do that in your name?'

Notice that the Lord did not negate that they had done all they said they had done in His name. He rejected them however.

All that doing and being rejected by the Lord.

lifeisgood

I add nothing. I simply follow His commandments, which He instructed us to do in order to maintain and ensure our salvation.

There are more issues present in your question, however, if you make a thread on this topic of salvation, I would gladly take part in it.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

You follow His commandments to be saved? Good. Sell everything you have as He said.

Yeah, yeah, I can almost hear what your response will be.

lifeisgood

God gives His gift to those He chooses to give His gift.

Correct.

He chooses those who obey.

See John 14.23, and Acts 5:32.

John 14:23 – Jesus talking about what He speaks is based on love, which is the exact opposite of what the Apostles were saying, which was force. They wanted Jesus to use His Power to force Rome and other people of the world to recognize Israel as the premier nation. Jesus is saying that His manifestation of Himself was to the heart, was inward and spiritual, therefore, the heart enjoying His abiding in it.

Acts 5:32 – Their Doctrine was NOT a mere philosophy, rather eyewitness accounts. The witness of the Holy Spirit in the hearts and lives of Believers guarantees the veracity of all that Christ has done at the Cross.

As I have said to you many times – take the verse out of its original context and a pretext is being promoted.

lifeisgood

How can you say I reject something that is yet to be established? You certainly can't say I've rejected the trinity doctrine according to the things you've shown since you've shown me nothing in relation to the teaching of the trinity.

Again, if you can show me a single scripture that teaches the trinity I'll renounce my faith as a JW and worship the God as a Trinity. Showing me a scripture that simply mentions the Father, Son and Holy Spirit together does not teach or show anything, it does not express that God is one who it three persons.

Do you admit the bible does not anywhere explicitly teach the trinity but you derive your understanding of the trinity from texts that seem to hint to a trinity?

So you do not say I did not answer you.

Spoiler
The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are distinct from each other:

A) In the OT:
Gen. 1:1-3,26f; 11:7; 19:24; Neh. 9:20; Ps. 2:1-9; Prov. 30:4; Isa 6:8; 48:16; 63:11; Dan. 7:13f; Zech. 2:8-3:2.

B) In the Gospels:
Matt. 3:16; 4:1,6; 11:25-27; 12:32f; 14:23; 16:16f; 17:5; 22:44; 26:39,42; 27:46; 28:18f; Mark 1:1,8; 12:36; 13:32; 15:34; 16:19; Luke 4:18; 6:12; 11:13; 20:42f; 23:34,46; John 1:1f; 3:16-18,34-36; 5:19-23,26f,30f,36-38,43-45; 6:27,37-46; 8:17f; 11:41f: 13:1; 14:6,16f,23-31; 15:26; 16:13-16,25-28,32; 17:1-28; 20:17,21f.

C) In the Book of Acts:
Acts 2:22-36; 3:13-15, 19f, 26; 4:24-30; 7:55f; 10:34-42; 13:33-37; 15:8; 17:30f; 20:21.

D) In the Pauline Epistles:
Rom. 1:1-9; 1Cor. 1:1-9; 2:10f; 15:23-28; 2 Cor. 1:1-3; 2:14f; 3:3-6; 5:18-21; 13:14; Gal. 1:1-5; 4:4-6; Eph. 1:2-23; 2:1-10,18; 3:14-21; 4:4-6; 5:1f; 6:23; Phil. 1:2,11; 2:5-11; Col. 1:2f,19f; 2:2; 3:1; 1Thes. 1:1,3; 4:8; 5:9; 2Thes. 1:2; 2:13-17; 1Tim. 1:1f; 2Tim. 1:1f; 4:1; Tit 1:4; Phlm. 1:3.

jsanford108

You follow His commandments to be saved? Good. Sell everything you have as He said.

Yeah, yeah, I can almost hear what your response will be.

"Woe to you....you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

Woe to you,....you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.

Woe to you,....you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.... You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? Therefore I am sending you prophets and sages and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town."

How is that for a reply?

Truster

"Woe to you....you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

Woe to you,....you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.

Woe to you,....you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.... You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? Therefore I am sending you prophets and sages and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town."

How is that for a reply?

You use scriptures as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination.

marhig

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of Elohim.​
Yes and that's not the wooden cross, but the cross Jesus bore and suffered to do the will of God, which included being horrifically crucified at the hands of wicked men and still showing love, forgiveness and mercy.

It's foolishness to those that are perishing, and whom are those that are perishing? They are the do nothing false gospel believers, the I believe and don't obey, the I don't have to do anything I'm saved no matter what I do. They are following a false gospel and they are perishing because they are still living by the lusts of the flesh and the ways of this world which is contrary to the will of God!

Those who truly follow Jesus, deny themselves, take up their cross, obey God and live by his will. And live in a new and living way,a way that Jesus had paved for us being a perfect example to follow. And those truly being saved will be overcoming the flesh and the world through Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit. This is the true church of Christ. Living stones laying down their lives for others, living sacrifices, dead to their old life, living by the will of God, following our Lord Jesus and worshipping the father in spirit and in truth!

Truster

Yes and that's not the wooden cross, but the cross Jesus bore and suffered to do the will of God, which included being horrifically crucified at the hands of wicked men and still showing love, forgiveness and mercy.

It's foolishness to those that are perishing, and whom are those that are perishing? They are the do nothing false gospel believers, the I believe and don't obey, the I don't have to do anything I'm saved no matter what I do. They are following a false gospel and they are perishing because they are still living by the lusts of the flesh and the ways of this world which is contrary to the will of God!

Those who truly follow Jesus, deny themselves, take up their cross, obey God and live by his will. And live in a new and living way,a way that Jesus had paved for us being a perfect example to follow. And those truly being saved will be overcoming the flesh and the world through Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit. This is the true church of Christ. Living stones laying down their lives for others, living sacrifices, dead to their old life, living by the will of God, following our Lord Jesus and worshipping the father in spirit and in truth!

Aww, it’s so cute when you try to talk about things you don’t understand.

marhig

Jesus came EXCLUSIVELY to die on the Cross of Calvary as the Father commissioned Him to do and that only at the TIME God told Him to die on the Cross of Calvary, ....

Where does it say this on the Bible? That Jesus came exclusively to die on the cross? Because I've never read that.

In fact Jesus clearly says why he came into this world, and that is to bare witness to the truth, and those who are of the truth, hear his voice!

John 18:37

Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.