The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

A human said that.

That is funny, and I get what you mean. But there is something that happened to me, something so great that any attempt of my trying to explain it doesn't seem to do it justice. That great thing that happened to me, happened to me because I did exactly what Jesus says in the Bible.

Since my great happening, I know what the Bible says is from God.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Integrity includes holistic action......

Integrity includes holistic action......

Thank you for wanting me to read and discuss what interests you. I am not trying to be offensive, but I must tell you that I will never ever accept writing about God from another source, other than the Holy Bible, even if what you want me to read includes things perfectly in sync with what we have in the Bible.

You speak a lot of truth, and I like a lot of what you say and how you say it, but my God is a jealous God, and there also are thieves that don't go through the gate and I will not even venture into what they say.

If you would only go by the Holy Bible, I think you would have a deeper understanding about God and a closer relationship than you have ever imagined.

My mom was into the writings you speak about. She used to talk at length to me about the things she learned. I asked her if she really believed everything that she was telling me, and she said yes, and I asked her why she didn't just believe in the Bible then.

Thanks again though.

:thumb: - thanks for the respectful exchange,...its refreshing. I understand your views and what you've expressed, and it appears you are open to understand the views of others to better understand where they are coming from, on particular points and aspects of a subject, as well as the greater 'context'. I've always been about expanding consciousness, exploring new dimensions and continuing to research matters, remaining open to progressive revelation, and learning.

Life is for learning.

I do agree that there comes a point in one's faith-walk where obedience to the voice and will of God, confirmed by personal experience can make a lasting impact on a person. And, as you may know, I've always stood for the principle of 'faith without works is dead', and the importance of DOING the will of God, as just 'believing' (without action) cannot be a substitute for the full fruit of faith being fulfilled to completion, with acts that prove it is living.

God's Truth

:thumb: - thanks for the respectful exchange,...its refreshing. I understand your views and what you've expressed, and it appears you are open to understand the views of others to better understand where they are coming from, on particular points and aspects of a subject, as well as the greater 'context'. I've always been about expanding consciousness, exploring new dimensions and continuing to research matters, remaining open to progressive revelation, and learning.

Life is for learning.

I do agree that there comes a point in one's faith-walk where obedience to the voice and will of God, confirmed by personal experience can make a lasting impact on a person. And, as you may know, I've always stood for the principle of 'faith without works is dead', and the importance of DOING the will of God, as just 'believing' (without action) cannot be a substitute for the full fruit of faith being fulfilled to completion, with acts that prove it is living.

You say truthful things as a saved believer in Christ would say. Really wonderful truth you speak. I do wonder how you have not gone further from Jesus with all the other teachings you have gotten into.

Catholic was our family's life, but when the kids were all grown, my mom did venture out into other teachings, she got into new age teachings, mostly Vernon Howard, Taoism, Wayne Dyer, Scientology, etc.

She really pushed her beliefs on me. I wasn't born again yet, but recognized many of the things from the Bible she said she learned at her meetings, things that I felt were stolen from Jesus and credited to these other new age teachers. That is why I speak of the thief that does not go by the gate.

I just want you to understand more of why I said that to you about the thief.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
That is funny, and I get what you mean. But there is something that happened to me, something so great that any attempt of my trying to explain it doesn't seem to do it justice. That great thing that happened to me, happened to me because I did exactly what Jesus says in the Bible.

Since my great happening, I know what the Bible says is from God.

I don't doubt your experience and I don't doubt it was from the true God. There are many divinely inspired "truths" within the books that humans wrote about God experiences as they understood it. There are even quotes from God in the Bible. And there are quotes from Satan in the Bible.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The Urantia Book

Paper 89

SIN, SACRIFICE, AND ATONEMENT

PRIMITIVE MAN REGARDED himself as being in debt to the spirits, as standing in need of redemption. As the savages looked at it, in justice the spirits might have visited much more bad luck upon them. As time passed, this concept developed into the doctrine of sin and salvation. The soul was looked upon as coming into the world under forfeit—original sin. The soul must be ransomed; a scapegoat must be provided. The head-hunter, in addition to practicing the cult of skull worship, was able to provide a substitute for his own life, a scapeman.

89:0.2 The savage was early possessed with the notion that spirits derive supreme satisfaction from the sight of human misery, suffering, and humiliation. At first, man was only concerned with sins of commission, but later he became exercised over sins of omission. And the whole subsequent sacrificial system grew up around these two ideas. This new ritual had to do with the observance of the propitiation ceremonies of sacrifice. Primitive man believed that something special must be done to win the favor of the gods; only advanced civilization recognizes a consistently even-tempered and benevolent God. Propitiation was insurance against immediate ill luck rather than investment in future bliss. And the rituals of avoidance, exorcism, coercion, and propitiation all merge into one another."
UB 1955

http://truthbook.com/urantia-book/paper-89-sin-sacrifice-and-atonement

God's Truth

I don't doubt your experience and I don't doubt it was from the true God. There are many divinely inspired "truths" within the books that humans wrote about God experiences as they understood it. There are even quotes from God in the Bible. And there are quotes from Satan in the Bible.

Thanks Caino. One of the reasons I don't tell my testimony of when I was saved is because some of the people I told act as if it was my imagination.

The problem with my reading about other people's experience and teachings is when they don't attribute it to Jesus and the teachings in the Holy Bible.

God's Truth

The Urantia Book

Paper 89

SIN, SACRIFICE, AND ATONEMENT

PRIMITIVE MAN REGARDED himself as being in debt to the spirits, as standing in need of redemption. As the savages looked at it, in justice the spirits might have visited much more bad luck upon them. As time passed, this concept developed into the doctrine of sin and salvation. The soul was looked upon as coming into the world under forfeit—original sin. The soul must be ransomed; a scapegoat must be provided. The head-hunter, in addition to practicing the cult of skull worship, was able to provide a substitute for his own life, a scapeman.

89:0.2 The savage was early possessed with the notion that spirits derive supreme satisfaction from the sight of human misery, suffering, and humiliation. At first, man was only concerned with sins of commission, but later he became exercised over sins of omission. And the whole subsequent sacrificial system grew up around these two ideas. This new ritual had to do with the observance of the propitiation ceremonies of sacrifice. Primitive man believed that something special must be done to win the favor of the gods; only advanced civilization recognizes a consistently even-tempered and benevolent God. Propitiation was insurance against immediate ill luck rather than investment in future bliss. And the rituals of avoidance, exorcism, coercion, and propitiation all merge into one another."
UB 1955

http://truthbook.com/urantia-book/paper-89-sin-sacrifice-and-atonement

Jesus is the fulfillment of the animal sacrifices.

He is the Sacrificial Lamb of God.

There just is no greater love than when one lays down his life for his friends.

Jesus is the Greatest Love.

Jesus didn't get arrested and just happen to have to die.

His death was part of the plan for salvation and that plan was made before the creation of anything.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You and I are One in the Original Spirit......

You and I are One in the Original Spirit......

You say truthful things as a saved believer in Christ would say. Really wonderful truth you speak. I do wonder how you have not gone further from Jesus with all the other teachings you have gotten into.

Blessings in the Shekinah :)

Thank you, I've been sharing the same essence, ethic and principles pretty much here for many years, since those laws and principles are universal. I was raised in the Christ-tradition so have explored, researched many different denominations within Christianity, from ancient to modern developments. As a student of comparitive religions and being eclectic in my approach, I synergize both east and western religious traditions and cultures, since there is at HEART one Universal Reality, One Primal God-source, One infinite SPIRIT from which all derives and all is but a creative extension of. The UB calls 'God' the Universal Father, the First Source and Center of all things and beings. It also expounds upon the glory of the Paradise Trinity. Yet all is a universal unity.

Catholic was our family's life, but when the kids were all grown, my mom did venture out into other teachings, she got into new age teachings, mostly Vernon Howard, Taoism, Wayne Dyer, Scientology, etc.

:thumb: - Vernon Howard was a unique teacher, I had some of his video lectures, cassettes, books/booklets, - a profound book that awakened me to a new dimension of esoteric wisdom and insight years ago was his "The Mystic Path to Cosmic Power" - now the title may seem somewhat sensational, but it caused a shift in me.

I did have my own 'Taoism' thread here, and we were about half way doing commentary on the Tao Te Ching, but it got 'deleted' in one of the last system purges, when older threads were being expunged. I know Wayne was getting into the Tao in his teachings. Scientology has little appeal to me.

She really pushed her beliefs on me. I wasn't born again yet, but recognized many of the things from the Bible she said she learned at her meetings, things that I felt were stolen from Jesus and credited to these other new age teachers. That is why I speak of the thief that does not go by the gate.

You may recall we shared the passages affirmed and expanded upon in the UB which WHOLLY agree with Jesus teaching about he being the Door or Gate, and he being the WAY. Anyone can read Part 4 of the UB and discover what Jesus teaches there for themselves, if they want to know. You may note that Jesus is pointing to himself, therefore it his own personhood, NOT a particular book or record about him, that he is emphasizing. He is the Door, the Vine, Bread, Lamb, Living Water of the Father. His words are spirit and life. Therefore any religious writing or 'script' that affirms the gospel records, and AGREES with his words, would be serving his cause, his will, his gospel-message, GOOD NEWS for man regarding entrance into the kingdom.

I just want you to understand more of why I said that to you about the thief.

I do,...however I do not limit the words of Jesus only to the 4 canonized gospels in the NT, since I'm cognizant of other accounts, records, both ancient and modern which purport to contain Jesus words/teachings, and weigh all of them on the scales of truth and wisdom, and let the Spirit of truth guide, lead and teach. I have no fear in considering other books or words purported to be of Christ, but enjoy expanding my knowledge, continually researching, learning, integrating, evolving. Any who have followed freelight's journey of soulpioneering and creative dialoguing, knows its been this way since 2003 here :)

Caino

BANNED
Banned
THE LEGEND OF CREATION

74:8.1 The story of the creation of Urantia in six days was based on the tradition that Adam and Eve had spent just six days in their initial survey of the Garden. This circumstance lent almost sacred sanction to the time period of the week, which had been originally introduced by the Dalamatians. Adam's spending six days inspecting the Garden and formulating preliminary plans for organization was not prearranged; it was worked out from day to day. The choosing of the seventh day for worship was wholly incidental to the facts herewith narrated.

74:8.2 The legend of the making of the world in six days was an afterthought, in fact, more than thirty thousand years afterwards. One feature of the narrative, the sudden appearance of the sun and moon, may have taken origin in the traditions of the onetime sudden emergence of the world from a dense space cloud of minute matter which had long obscured both sun and moon.

74:8.3 The story of creating Eve out of Adam's rib is a confused condensation of the Adamic arrival and the celestial surgery connected with the interchange of living substances associated with the coming of the corporeal staff of the Planetary Prince more than four hundred and fifty thousand years previously.
74:8.4 The majority of the world's peoples have been influenced by the tradition that Adam and Eve had physical forms created for them upon their arrival on Urantia. The belief in man's having been created from clay was well-nigh universal in the Eastern Hemisphere; this tradition can be traced from the Philippine Islands around the world to Africa. And many groups accepted this story of man's clay origin by some form of special creation in the place of the earlier beliefs in progressive creation—evolution.

74:8.5 Away from the influences of Dalamatia and Eden, mankind tended toward the belief in the gradual ascent of the human race. The fact of evolution is not a modern discovery; the ancients understood the slow and evolutionary character of human progress. The early Greeks had clear ideas of this despite their proximity to Mesopotamia. Although the various races of earth became sadly mixed up in their notions of evolution, nevertheless, many of the primitive tribes believed and taught that they were the descendants of various animals. Primitive peoples made a practice of selecting for their "totems" the animals of their supposed ancestry. Certain North American Indian tribes believed they originated from beavers and coyotes. Certain African tribes teach that they are descended from the hyena, a Malay tribe from the lemur, a New Guinea group from the parrot.

74:8.6 The Babylonians, because of immediate contact with the remnants of the civilization of the Adamites, enlarged and embellished the story of man's creation; they taught that he had descended directly from the gods. They held to an aristocratic origin for the race which was incompatible with even the doctrine of creation out of clay.

74:8.7 The Old Testament account of creation dates from long after the time of Moses; he never taught the Hebrews such a distorted story. But he did present a simple and condensed narrative of creation to the Israelite, hoping thereby to augment his appeal to worship the Creator, the Universal Father, whom he called the Lord God of Israel.

74:8.8 In his early teachings, Moses very wisely did not attempt to go back of Adam's time, and since Moses was the supreme teacher of the Hebrews, the stories of Adam became intimately associated with those of creation. That the earlier traditions recognized pre-Adamic civilization is clearly shown by the fact that later editors, intending to eradicate all reference to human affairs before Adam's time, neglected to remove the telltale reference to Cain's emigration to the "land of Nod," where he took himself a wife.

74:8.9 The Hebrews had no written language in general usage for a long time after they reached Palestine. They learned the use of an alphabet from the neighboring Philistines, who were political refugees from the higher civilization of Crete. The Hebrews did little writing until about 900 B.C., and having no written language until such a late date, they had several different stories of creation in circulation, but after the Babylonian captivity they inclined more toward accepting a modified Mesopotamian version.

74:8.10 Jewish tradition became crystallized about Moses, and because he endeavored to trace the lineage of Abraham back to Adam, the Jews assumed that Adam was the first of all mankind. Yahweh was the creator, and since Adam was supposed to be the first man, he must have made the world just prior to making Adam. And then the tradition of Adam's six days got woven into the story, with the result that almost a thousand years after Moses' sojourn on earth the tradition of creation in six days was written out and subsequently credited to him.

74:8.11 When the Jewish priests returned to Jerusalem, they had already completed the writing of their narrative of the beginning of things. Soon they made claims that this recital was a recently discovered story of creation written by Moses. But the contemporary Hebrews of around 500 B.C. did not consider these writings to be divine revelations; they looked upon them much as later peoples regard mythological narratives.

74:8.12 This spurious document, reputed to be the teachings of Moses, was brought to the attention of Ptolemy, the Greek king of Egypt, who had it translated into Greek by a commission of seventy scholars for his new library at Alexandria. And so this account found its place among those writings which subsequently became a part of the later collections of the "sacred scriptures" of the Hebrew and Christian religions. And through identification with these theological systems, such concepts for a long time profoundly influenced the philosophy of many Occidental peoples.

74:8.13 The Christian teachers perpetuated the belief in the fiat creation of the human race, and all this led directly to the formation of the hypothesis of a onetime golden age of utopian bliss and the theory of the fall of man or superman which accounted for the nonutopian condition of society. These outlooks on life and man's place in the universe were at best discouraging since they were predicated upon a belief in retrogression rather than progression, as well as implying a vengeful Deity, who had vented wrath upon the human race in retribution for the errors of certain onetime planetary administrators.

74:8.14 The "golden age" is a myth, but Eden was a fact, and the Garden civilization was actually overthrown. Adam and Eve carried on in the Garden for one hundred and seventeen years when, through the impatience of Eve and the errors of judgment of Adam, they presumed to turn aside from the ordained way, speedily bringing disaster upon themselves and ruinous retardation upon the developmental progression of all Urantia.
UB 1955

74:8.15 [Narrated by Solonia, the seraphic "voice in the Garden."]

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Evolution......

Evolution......

~*~*~

Cross referencing a wonderful interview with Tim Freke on the nature of 'Evolution', and how all life-experience, learning, knowledge....occurring in time is 'evolutional' here.

~*~*~

A local universe is the handiwork of a Creator Son of the Paradise order of Michael. It comprises one hundred constellations, each embracing one hundred systems of inhabited worlds. Each system will eventually contain approximately one thousand inhabited spheres.

These universes of time and space are all evolutionary. The creative plan of the Paradise Michaels always proceeds along the path of gradual evolvement and progressive development of the physical, intellectual, and spiritual natures and capacities of the manifold creatures who inhabit the varied orders of spheres comprising such a local universe. ~ The Urantia Book, (32:0.1)

~*~*~

The entire scheme of universal creation and evolution on all experiencing levels is apparently a matter of the conversion of potentialities into actualities; and this transmutation has to do equally with the realms of space potency, mind potency, and spirit potency. ~ The Urantia Book, (115:2.3)

Evolution is a cosmic technique of growth. ~ The Urantia Book, (100:3.7)

Organic evolution is a fact; purposive or progressive evolution is a truth which makes consistent the otherwise contradictory phenomena of the ever-ascending achievements of evolution. The Urantia Book , (102:6.10)

...evolution... is creativity in time ~ The Urantia Book, (105:6.5)

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The Total Solar Eclipse of August 21, 2017

https://dyer.vanderbilt.edu/solar-eclipse/

"All that night Mary was restless so that neither of them slept much. By the break of day the pangs of childbirth were well in evidence, and at noon, August 21, 7 B.C., with the help and kind ministrations of women fellow travelers, Mary was delivered of a male child. Jesus of Nazareth was born into the world, was wrapped in the clothes which Mary had brought along for such a possible contingency, and laid in a near-by manger."

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The Total Solar Eclipse of August 21, 2017

https://dyer.vanderbilt.edu/solar-eclipse/

"All that night Mary was restless so that neither of them slept much. By the break of day the pangs of childbirth were well in evidence, and at noon, August 21, 7 B.C., with the help and kind ministrations of women fellow travelers, Mary was delivered of a male child. Jesus of Nazareth was born into the world, was wrapped in the clothes which Mary had brought along for such a possible contingency, and laid in a near-by manger."

There are other sources that believe Jesus was born sometime between 6-7 BC, or little earlier, but not sure if any other source confirms the exact date as the UB account. There is thought to be a significant astrological arrangement at the time of Jesus birth which may have signaled the magi from the east, since they 'read the stars' and looked for his sign. Is it just mere coincidence however that this upcoming total solar eclipse is on the same date the UB says Jesus was born? I'm not sure if you're sharing to merely note this 'coincidence' or spiking the punch to expand discussion on the subject :) I scanned some info. about this, so just touching the surface here.

I live in Redmond, OR. and there are to be thousands of people coming in to see the eclipse in this area, especially Madras, OR. - its gonna be a doozy.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
There are other sources that believe Jesus was born sometime between 6-7 BC, or little earlier, but not sure if any other source confirms the exact date as the UB account. There is thought to be a significant astrological arrangement at the time of Jesus birth which may have signaled the magi from the east, since they 'read the stars' and looked for his sign. Is it just mere coincidence however that this upcoming total solar eclipse is on the same date the UB says Jesus was born? I'm not sure if you're sharing to merely note this 'coincidence' or spiking the punch to expand discussion on the subject :) I scanned some info. about this, so just touching the surface here.

I live in Redmond, OR. and there are to be thousands of people coming in to see the eclipse in this area, especially Madras, OR. - its gonna be a doozy.

For now I see it as an interesting coincidence until and unless it's not. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.