America in bloodless invasion?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Capital punishment is through the government. It is the justified killing of a convicted criminal.

Throwing someone off a building to kill them is murder, and is not justified, no matter how you cut it, and the person(s) involved should be punished.

this is a distinction that artie will never be able to understand

besides, it would take away from his being able to call you an extremist, and his sole purpose here lately seems to be calling people names

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Why? You support the execution of homosexuals, correct? If so, you're a fanatic,

Arthur, homosexuality is a capital crime, whether it's on the books or not. It is a capital crime because it leads to death. That makes it worthy of the death penalty.

no different to the nutters who do the above.

The "nutters" who do the above do so on their own authority, not on the authority of the government. If someone tosses a homosexual off a building, then that person should be executed, for murder if the homo dies, for attempted murder if he lives.

Most Christians don't support such extremism

Just because "most Christians" don't support something doesn't determine if something is right or wrong.

so don't shy away from it. You're an extremist, no matter how much you "think" it's justified under your belief.

Or maybe you're so deep in sin that anything righteous looks "extremist" to you...

Already addressed.

What is the likelihood of someone committing the same crime again after he escapes or is released, Art?

Which has the less likelihood of an innocent person being put to death? As watertight a system as it's possible to attain where only those with 100% proof of guilt are put to death or your version where a guilty conviction leads to a quick execution. This cuts both ways.

Arty, we'll focus on what happens to the innocent in a moment, but I want you to answer my question about guilty persons first:

Which has more risk of a murderer committing a crime after being punished?
A) prison
B) execution
C) I don't know

Uh, no, not at all. Start doing the math man.

The math shows that because there is so much crime, innocent people are far more likely to be caught up in the system and punished for a crime they didn't commit, while the actual criminals are not being punished appropriately, creating a feedback loop of more crime being committed because criminals don't fear the punishment for the crime. See how that quickly spirals out of control?

No, it isn't and that's not what I'm advocating anyway.

Our system has spiraled out of control. Because criminals are not punished swiftly (you can't serve a prison sentence swiftly) and painfully (prisons are pretty comfortable living spaces), the criminals don't fear punishment. In fact, which is more likely, a criminal who is sorry for committing a crime after getting out of prison, or a criminal who brags about his time in jail, wearing it like a badge of honor?

If that's the case then the DP and 'death row' haven't done much have they?

Your death penalty has so many things different than my (and the Bible's) death penalty, so it would be unfair to discount the death penalty on your definition.

Your death penalty involves up to several years of trials, appeals, prison time, and at the very end, the needle is sterile, the criminal is sedated, and is even given an anesthetic to numb the pain from the needle. Why though? Why go through all that trouble if the criminal is going to be dead in the next minute or two? The entire process is neither swift nor painful (unless you count a long drawn out process being painful...).

My death penalty (and the one the Bible presents) involves gathering the evidence, presenting the evidence to a judge, and if the evidence shows that the suspect committed a crime worthy of death, then the judge sentences the criminal to death, publicly broadcasting his execution live within 48 hours of his sentencing, executing him in a manner appropriate for the crime he committed.

Which do you think would deter more crime? Your method, or mine?

Instead of worshiping Bob Enyart you should learn to think for yourself dude,

I worship God, my Creator, not Pastor Enyart, who is a created being.

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Or maybe you're so deep in sin that anything righteous looks "extremist" to you...

giphy.gif

Arthur Brain

Arthur, homosexuality is a capital crime, whether it's on the books or not. It is a capital crime because it leads to death. That makes it worthy of the death penalty.

No, it isn't. Quoting some verse from Leviticus or whatever and trying to make out it applies to the present is your call to do but even aCW - as gay obsessed as he is - doesn't try to pull that one. It does not "lead to death". Being homosexual is not some automatic death sentence and gay people can lead just as healthy a life as anyone else. How many things would you advocate the death penalty for if your criteria is that it leads to death? Smoking? Obesity?

The "nutters" who do the above do so on their own authority, not on the authority of the government. If someone tosses a homosexual off a building, then that person should be executed, for murder if the homo dies, for attempted murder if he lives.

They're fanatical religious extremists just like you and believe, like you, that homosexuals should be executed. In that regard there is no difference and like you, they believe the 'other' has no authority.

Just because "most Christians" don't support something doesn't determine if something is right or wrong.

Sure, same as being in the minority doesn't necessarily mean you aren't there for valid and rational reasons.

Maybe you're so mired in legalism, you don't realize how much of a pharisee you look.

What is the likelihood of someone committing the same crime again after he escapes or is released, Art?

Arty, we'll focus on what happens to the innocent in a moment, but I want you to answer my question about guilty persons first:

Which has more risk of a murderer committing a crime after being punished?
A) prison
B) execution
C) I don't know

Technically, as already addressed, it's B.

The math shows that because there is so much crime, innocent people are far more likely to be caught up in the system and punished for a crime they didn't commit, while the actual criminals are not being punished appropriately, creating a feedback loop of more crime being committed because criminals don't fear the punishment for the crime. See how that quickly spirals out of control?

What I'm seeing is someone who thinks he's an expert on crime writing a load of gobbeldigook. Fancy talk but utterly simplistic.

Our system has spiraled out of control. Because criminals are not punished swiftly (you can't serve a prison sentence swiftly) and painfully (prisons are pretty comfortable living spaces), the criminals don't fear punishment. In fact, which is more likely, a criminal who is sorry for committing a crime after getting out of prison, or a criminal who brags about his time in jail, wearing it like a badge of honor?

You ever been in one? Not somewhere I'd wanna go quite frankly and I reckon it's more likely that most regret being in prison than brag but it's a silly thing of you to bring up anyway.

Your death penalty has so many things different than my (and the Bible's) death penalty, so it would be unfair to discount the death penalty on your definition.

Your death penalty involves up to several years of trials, appeals, prison time, and at the very end, the needle is sterile, the criminal is sedated, and is even given an anesthetic to numb the pain from the needle. Why though? Why go through all that trouble if the criminal is going to be dead in the next minute or two? The entire process is neither swift nor painful (unless you count a long drawn out process being painful...).

My death penalty (and the one the Bible presents) involves gathering the evidence, presenting the evidence to a judge, and if the evidence shows that the suspect committed a crime worthy of death, then the judge sentences the criminal to death, publicly broadcasting his execution live within 48 hours of his sentencing, executing him in a manner appropriate for the crime he committed.

Which do you think would deter more crime? Your method, or mine?

Given that you haven't come remotely close to describing "my system" to begin with and are laughably ignorant and simplistic in regards to how the process works then it sure ain't yours - and it is just yours. If you think complicated cases can be done in two days then you are deluded. Not that I expect much in the way of critical and rational thinking where it comes to those who advocate a totalitarian state anyway...

I worship God, my Creator, not Pastor Enyart, who is a created being.

You worship your own understanding of "law".

Arthur Brain

this is a distinction that artie will never be able to understand

It's religious extremism under either. Those that promote the execution of homosexuals under whatever religious 'banner' are legalist crackpots, whacked out zealots or trolls. Even aCW recognizes that OT laws don't extend to every place and time, obsessed as he is with gays although his hypocrisy where it comes to choosing what should and shouldn't be a crime is still as selective as the nuts who would kill gay people.

besides, it would take away from his being able to call you an extremist, and his sole purpose here lately seems to be calling people names

Seemed to be yours from the outset, along with stalking, obsessing etc.

Wot a tard...

:eek: