Calvinism and the word "WORLD"

beloved57

Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil so that... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Only fools like yourself that reject God's great free gift of salvation are going into the lake of fire.
You teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost! That's saying His Death did absolutely nothing!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Robert Pate

Banned
Still confirming that you don't believe that Christ death saved sinners He died for! That's calling Christ a failure.

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Calvinist are people that are without faith. They cannot hear and believe the Gospel, Romans 10:17. Because they don't believe the Gospel they have devised the doctrine of predestination where salvation is imposed upon them.

beloved57

Calvinist are people that are without faith. They cannot hear and believe the Gospel, Romans 10:17. Because they don't believe the Gospel they have devised the doctrine of predestination where salvation is imposed upon them.

You call Christ's Death a failure, it cant save sinners according to you !

Nanja

No I don't. You keep saying that, but it is not true.

Jesus has provided salvation for EVERYONE, Hebrews2:9.

If according to you, Jesus Christ has provided salvation for every single individual without exception; yet knowing full well that according to the scriptures, not all of humanity shall be saved, but that some were cursed and shall wind up in the lake of fire Mat. 25:41:

Rev. 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

You are guilty of accusing the Blood of Christ as being ineffectual to save all whom it was shed for. Blasphemy!

Robert Pate

Banned
If according to you, Jesus Christ has provided salvation for every single individual without exception; yet knowing full well that according to the scriptures, not all of humanity shall be saved, but that some were cursed and shall wind up in the lake of fire Mat. 25:41:

Rev. 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

You are guilty of accusing the Blood of Christ as being ineffectual to save all whom it was shed for. Blasphemy!

Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.
Your inability to believe the scriptures tells me that you have a serious problem known as unbelief.

If Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world then Jesus is not Lord. If you do not believe that Jesus is Lord you will die in your sins, John 8:24.

Charles94

Jesus died for the sins of the whole world so that anyone can become a sheep and be saved.

So why does Jesus teach that His sheep believe, and that those who do not believe, do not believe because they are not His sheep? You appear to be twisting scripture.

John10:26-27 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

People resist the Holy Spirit.

Of course. That's all that natural men without the Spirit desire to do, so of course they resist the Spirit. It's always interesting to look at context of verses like Acts7:51:

Acts6:8-10 And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and signs among the people. Then there arose some from what is called the Synagogue of the Freedmen (Cyrenians, Alexandrians, and those from Cilicia and Asia), disputing with Stephen. And they were NOT able to resist the wisdom and the Spirit by which he spoke.

It was irresistible...to save those specifically that God had purposed to save – every single one that He had appointed to eternal life beforehand – He again accomplished what He pleased. Depraved people in their natural state find that infuriating – especially when it is their proselytes who are turning away from them towards the Truth. (You made the *assumption* that God was trying but failing to save those who were persecuting Stephen, but that is not actually in there.) So in Acts7:51, Stephen was just calling back to Jesus' words in Matt23.

Matt23 Then Jesus spoke...2 saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees...4 For they bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. 5 But all their works they do to be seen by men...13 “But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, *nor do you allow those who are entering to go in*...15
“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.

...31 “Therefore you are witnesses against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers’ guilt. 33 Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell? 34 Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, 35 that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.

37 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather YOUR CHILDREN together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! 38 See! Your house is left to you desolate...

I bet you are also the sort to “fix” Matt23:37 also by changing it to: “How often I wanted to gather (you) together...but you were not willing!” so that it would mean that Jesus was trying to gather the Temple leaders but they were resisting Him.

Jesus is condemning the Temple leadership for failing to do their job and as a result, He ordained the destruction of the Temple. But make no mistake, despite the arrogant disobedience of the religious leaders, their “children” whom they were responsible to teach – such as the “tax collectors and prostitutes” - were entering the kingdom of God ahead of them. (Matt21:31) Jesus was not failing to bring His sheep safely in.