Good Friday....let's celebrate

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know he was not crucified today, but earlier this week. That debate is another thread. I delight in the cross, because it saved my ***.

And it pleased the LORD to do so. Because he was reconciling the world unto himself, including the degenerates and low lifes of this planet.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know he was not crucified today, but earlier this week. That debate is another thread. I delight in the cross, because it saved my ***.

And it pleased the LORD to do so. Because he was reconciling the world unto himself, including the degenerates and low lifes of this planet.
AMEN!

As brutal as the Lord was treated in The Passion of the Christ, it may not have been near as brutal as His actual passion.

Isiah tells us that His degradation was so great and He was marred so badly that He was hardly even recognizable as a human being.

King James Bible
As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:

International Standard Version

Just as many were astonished at you — so was he marred in his appearance, more than any human, and his form beyond that of human semblance

NET Bible
(just as many were horrified by the sight of you) he was so disfigured he no longer looked like a man;

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Many will be shocked by him. His appearance will be so disfigured that he won't look like any other man. His looks will be so disfigured that he will hardly look like a human.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
AMEN!

As brutal as the Lord was treated in The Passion of the Christ, it may not have been near as brutal as His actual passion.

Isiah tells us that His degradation was so great and He was marred so badly that He was hardly even recognizable as a human being.

Yes. The Father poured his wrath out on the Son over my behavior.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
AMEN!

King James Bible
As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:

International Standard Version

Just as many were astonished at you — so was he marred in his appearance, more than any human, and his form beyond that of human semblance

NET Bible
(just as many were horrified by the sight of you) he was so disfigured he no longer looked like a man;

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Many will be shocked by him. His appearance will be so disfigured that he won't look like any other man. His looks will be so disfigured that he will hardly look like a human.

I imagine that beating woulda killed any other man.

Only he could hold enough despising of the contradiction against himself to withstand it.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I imagine that beating woulda killed any other man.

Only he could hold enough despising of the contradiction against himself to withstand it.

Jesus Christ overcame and suffered unto death, according to His divine purpose.

Jamie Gigliotti

Romans 4:25
"He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification."

It seems to me it should be a day of sorrow for our sins that poured out His blood.