The Watch Towers Founder Called Jesus "The Almighty"

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You, sir, have egg all over YOUR face, because you accept what Russell supposedly said about Jesus, and yet you can't reply to my question to you about why you don't accept OTHER things he said. Do you have an answer, little evil child? Why don't you believe what he said about hell being the GRAVE and not a literal fiery place where people are roasted forever?

Revelation 20:10 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

10 And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and [a]brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

KingdomRose

That's because Charles Taze Russell was a false prophet.
The "founder" of the Watchtower Society just made things up.
If you go back prior to the phony "New World Translation",
you will see many teachings that have changed over the years.

Watch your tongue, my friend. You will have to answer to Jesus himself one of these days. Charles Taze Russell was not a false prophet. He was just telling people what he was learning from the Bible. He was not a prophet but a WATCHMAN, giving the warning. He had plenty to say about what was going to happen, and he was correct about why the world is so messed up and what we can do to ensure we have a good and safe future. He is not one to be maligned because he didn't have a correct understanding about EVERYTHING. The Apostles of Jesus in the first century didn't understand everything! They gradually came to a proper understanding.

Russell didn't make anything up. He spoke about things he was learning from the Bible. You show how ignorant you are by denigrating the New World Translation. You obviously haven't done any research. You just bad-mouth something you know nothing about so you can keep yourself in the group of self-professed "Christians" who are merrily going down the broad road, slapping each other on the back, joyful in their ignorance, heading toward.....(Matt.7:13)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.—“It is since His resurrection that the message has gone forth—‘All power in Heaven and in earth is given unto Me.’ (Matt 28:18.) Consequently it is only since then that He could be called the Almighty.”—Z. '93-115; Rev. 1:4; 16:5-7.​

Who said this? Charles Taze Russel... He said it in the following reference...

charles-russell-Jesus-almighty.jpg

Just to bring the fire and ensure the Jehovahites sweat... here is the PDF Book Link...

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/4601...n_id=06f6d0390ce12aea3ec43cab7859ad7a40cb62e1

What page is it on? Page 23 and 24 of the PDF linked E-Book

What does this mean? It means that every Jehovahs Witness on this site that says Jesus isn't YHWH the Almighty is taught a lie that the founder of their organization would dispute!

What religion were you bought up in?

LA

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
***The Watchtower is not the instrument of any man or any set of men, nor is it published according to the whims of men. No man's opinion is expressed in The Watchtower. (The Watchtower 1931 November 1 p.327)

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

KingdomRose

Revelation 20:10 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

10 And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and [a]brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Oh, and we are to take that LITERALLY??? Couldn't it have a metaphorical meaning, like the Devil was DESTROYED completely, just like the "beast" and the "false prophet"? By the way, do you think that the "beast" was a literal beast? I think that a close study of Revelation reveals the "beast" to be governments of men and not a literal wild animal. Are you confused, Bright Raven? You take something out of a symbolic book and present it like it is to be taken literally. Is Revelation 9:2-10 literal as well? Have there been or will there be locusts coming out of an abyss with men's faces and crowns on their heads, hair like women's hair, teeth like lions and tails like scorpions? I would say, NO....just like Revelation 20:10 is not literal. The lake of fire SYMBOLIZES total destruction, and the "tormenting" simply means the Devil and the beast and the false prophet will be held back from doing anything anymore, as if they were in jail and not able to function as usual. Jailers were called "tormentors" in John's day because they were responsible for not allowing certain people to be free to cause trouble. You need to brush up on your understanding of scripture.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Watch your tongue, my friend. You will have to answer to Jesus himself one of these days. Charles Taze Russell was not a false prophet. He was just telling people what he was learning from the Bible. He was not a prophet but a WATCHMAN, giving the warning. He had plenty to say about what was going to happen, and he was correct about why the world is so messed up and what we can do to ensure we have a good and safe future. He is not one to be maligned because he didn't have a correct understanding about EVERYTHING. The Apostles of Jesus in the first century didn't understand everything! They gradually came to a proper understanding.

Russell didn't make anything up. He spoke about things he was learning from the Bible. You show how ignorant you are by denigrating the New World Translation. You obviously haven't done any research. You just bad-mouth something you know nothing about so you can keep yourself in the group of self-professed "Christians" who are merrily going down the broad road, slapping each other on the back, joyful in their ignorance, heading toward.....(Matt.7:13)

A Prophet doesn't make mistakes.

Lon

Oh knock it off. More mental gymnastics!! The Father is either the Most High or he is not. The entire Bible indicates that YHWH is the Most High, and Jesus called Him "the only true God." The Father EXALTED Jesus to a superior position after he was resurrected (Phil.2:8-11), so if Jesus was EQUAL to the Father, why would he need to be exalted to a HIGHER position? What higher position would there be if Jesus was already God? Do you have an answer?
:think: John 5:23

keypurr

Which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.—“It is since His resurrection that the message has gone forth—‘All power in Heaven and in earth is given unto Me.’ (Matt 28:18.) Consequently it is only since then that He could be called the Almighty.”—Z. '93-115; Rev. 1:4; 16:5-7.​

Who said this? Charles Taze Russel... He said it in the following reference...

charles-russell-Jesus-almighty.jpg

Just to bring the fire and ensure the Jehovahites sweat... here is the PDF Book Link...

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/4601...n_id=06f6d0390ce12aea3ec43cab7859ad7a40cb62e1

What page is it on? Page 23 and 24 of the PDF linked E-Book

What does this mean? It means that every Jehovahs Witness on this site that says Jesus isn't YHWH the Almighty is taught a lie that the founder of their organization would dispute!

YHWH is the Father who gave the power to his Son,

The Father is greater than all.

Lon

"Yet for us there is one God, the Father"[/SIZE] (Corinthians 8:6).

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Ephesians 1:3).

Yep, only one Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ is not Him. We all know this. It doesn't do a thing to John 5:23. Do you honor the Son 'just as' you honor the Father? :think:

Try in your sig: "I love the Father And the Lord Jesus Christ" or something like, for starters.

keypurr

If Jesus is co-equal, and co-eternal with both the Holy Spirit and the Father, why would He tell us the true worshipers shall worship the Father?

What saith the scriptures?

Worship

If we may let our Lord and King have the final word. Jesus plainly states, "the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be his worshipers. God is spirit; and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth" (John 4:23-24). Who does Jesus declare are the "true worshipers"? He insists, "the true worshipers shall worship the Father" If we would be amongst the true worshipers we must be with Jesus worshiping this Father. Evidently, those who worship "God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost, three persons in one God," Are not said by Jesus to be the true worshippers. Those who worship the Father as the "only true God" are. The worshipper of the One God, the Father, as Jesus' own affirmation that he is the true worshipper.

This is the biblical pattern throughout. The so-called Lord's prayer, the model prayer, teaches us to "pray in this way: our Father who art in heaven"(Matt. 6:9). This pattern of prayer and worship prescribed by our Lord Jesus is followed and sanctioned by every example given in Scripture. See the following:

"Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus; that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Rom.15:5-6).

" For this reason I bow my knees before the Father," (Eph 3:14)

" giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, " (Eph 5:20)

" We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, " ( Col 1:3 )

"giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light." (Col 1:12)

"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father "through" him." (Col 3:17)

Above are Notes from my collection.

keypurr

Yep, only one Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ is not Him. We all know this. It doesn't do a thing to John 5:23. Do you honor the Son 'just as' you honor the Father? :think:

Try in your sig: "I love the Father And the Lord Jesus Christ" or something like, for starters.

They prove that Christ is NOT YHWH

keypurr

I love and honor both Lon.

One is my God the other is my Lord.

Lon

They prove that Christ is NOT YHWH
:nono: YHWH doesn't mean Father. :nono: You've tried this before. Why do you insist? YHWH means "I AM, eternally." "AB" or "ABBA" is the Hebrew name for Father. Maybe this is the one misunderstanding that will finally have Unit-arians becoming logical Trinitarians :think: One can only hope.