The Christian Life

God's Truth

Do you obey for a reward? Or do you obey because you love God?

They are not separate you worker of distraction.

What don't you get about JESUS, JESUS, JESUS SAYING THAT YOU WILL GET A REWARD if you love him by obeying?

You really want to go against Jesus?

Do you really want to have a revolution against the Word?

Do you really want to pit Paul against the Word and make him as one who tells of a different way?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
They are not separate you worker of distraction.

What don't you get about JESUS, JESUS, JESUS SAYING THAT YOU WILL GET A REWARD if you love him by obeying?

You really want to go against Jesus?

Do you really want to have a revolution against the Word?

Do you really want to pit Paul against the Word and make him as one who tells of a different way?
GT, how do you explain Galatians 2:7-9?

God's Truth

GT, how do you explain Galatians 2:7-9?

When Paul preached, there were people who were circumcised and they were called the 'Jews'.

When Paul preached, there were also people called the uncircumcision and they were called 'unclean' and Gentiles, etc.

Same gospel but different people.

Get out of the snare so that you can stop being entrapped by the devil.

There is never ever a time not to obey Jesus.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
When Paul preached, there were people who were circumcised and they were called the 'Jews'.

When Paul preached, there were also people called the uncircumcision and they were called 'unclean' and Gentiles, etc.

Same gospel but different people.

Get out of the snare so that you can stop being entrapped by the devil.

There is never ever a time not to obey Jesus.

So there are two different groups...

Who was Paul sent to? The Jews or the Gentiles?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter(for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised. - Galatians 2:7-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians2:7-9&version=NKJV

God's Truth

That's not what Galatians 2:7-9 says

I have explained this to you many times before.

Paul was sent to the Jews and then to the Gentiles.

He was sent far away from the Jews because they thought Paul was trying to trick them into saying they believe in Jesus---just so Paul could have them beat and thrown in prison!

Don't be afraid to break loose from what you were taught. Trust the written word of God.

Acts 22:20 And when the blood of Your witness Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and watching over the garments of those who killed him.’ 21Then He said to me, ‘Go! I will send you far away to the Gentiles.’”

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I have explained this to you many times before.

Paul was sent to the Jews and then to the Gentiles.

When was he sent to the Jews? Could you give a verse?

He was sent far away from the Jews because they thought Paul was trying to trick them into saying they believe in Jesus---just so Paul could have them beat and thrown in prison!

Who sent him? Verse?

Don't be afraid to break loose from what you were taught. Trust the written word of God.

I'm the one quoting verses, GT, you aren't.

Acts 22:20 And when the blood of Your witness Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and watching over the garments of those who killed him.’ 21Then He said to me, ‘Go! I will send you far away to the Gentiles.’”

“Now it happened, when I returned to Jerusalem and was praying in the temple, that I was in a tranceand saw Him saying to me, ‘Make haste and get out of Jerusalem quickly, for they will not receive your testimony concerning Me.’ So I said, ‘Lord, they know that in every synagogue I imprisoned and beat those who believe on You.And when the blood of Your martyr Stephen was shed, I also was standing by consenting to his death, and guarding the clothes of those who were killing him.’Then He said to me, ‘Depart, for I will send you far from here to the Gentiles.’ ” - Acts 22:17-21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts22:17-21&version=NKJV

Paul is recounting his conversion to the Jerusalem mob after being taken prisoner.

I think you need to read chapter 21:1 through 22:29. You know, to get the whole picture of what's being said.

God's Truth

Who sent him? Verse?

“Now it happened, when I returned to Jerusalem and was praying in the temple, that I was in a tranceand saw Him saying to me, ‘Make haste and get out of Jerusalem quickly, for they will not receive your testimony concerning Me.’ So I said, ‘Lord, they know that in every synagogue I imprisoned and beat those who believe on You.And when the blood of Your martyr Stephen was shed, I also was standing by consenting to his death, and guarding the clothes of those who were killing him.’Then He said to me, ‘Depart, for I will send you far from here to the Gentiles.’ ” - Acts 22:17-21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts22:17-21&version=NKJV

Paul is recounting his conversion to the Jerusalem mob after being taken prisoner.

I think you need to read chapter 21:1 through 22:29. You know, to get the whole picture of what's being said.

Don't believe the truth then.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Don't believe the truth then.
Could you please answer my questions?

Who sent him? Verse?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I have already shown you the truth but you reject it.
GT, please answer my questions.

Who sent him? Verse?

God's Truth

GT, please answer my questions.

I gave you those scriptures and explained them. What more do you want?

Paul was sent to JEWS and GENTILES, and GREEKS, and everyone else.

He preached the EXACT same thing as John the baptizer, and Jesus himself.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Just like John the baptizer:

Matthew 3:8
Produce fruit worthy of repentance.

Luke 3:8
Therefore produce fruit worthy of repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' For I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham.

Robert Pate

Banned
A good son does not need laws, rules or instructions. He knows what is required of him and lives accordingly. He is careful not to disappoint his father by his actions, instead he lives a life that makes his father proud of him.

If you need laws, rules and instructions to live by check the scripture listed to see which you are one of, 1 Timothy 1:9, 10.

God's Truth

A good son does not need laws, rules or instructions. He knows what is required of him and lives accordingly. He is careful not to disappoint his father by his actions, instead he lives a life that makes his father proud of him.

If you need laws, rules and instructions to live by check the scripture listed to see which you are one of, 1 Timothy 1:9, 10.

Then how dare you use any scripture? Then why have a Bible at all?

You don't understand the scriptures and you use the scriptures wrongly. You try to use the scriptures against the saved and even against its self.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Therefore produce fruit worthy of repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' For I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham.
Repent

Robert Pate

Banned

You don't understand the scriptures and you use the scriptures wrongly. You try to use the scriptures against the saved and even against its self.

The sole purpose of the Bible is to reveal Jesus Christ and his Gospel.

You think that the New Testament is a Christian Torah.

Christians are called to live by Spirit and not by laws, rules or religion.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

I want what I asked for.

And I'm asking for a verse.

No, he didn't. More on that in a bit.

He preached repentance. Jesus taught obedience.

A command to obey.

Again, a command to obey.

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. - 2 Timothy 3:16-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Timothy3:16-17&version=NKJV

GT, in the Old Testament, how did people get saved (to eternal life)?