How do you defend yourself against people who will blow themselves up to kill you?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Send Meshak and god's truth out with explosives attached to their bodies.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Open discussion question.

Have at it.
But in all seriousness, if someone is planning to blow themselves up to kill others, they should be tried for conspiracy to murder and be executed, swiftly and painfully, because in his heart, he is already a murderer.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
1. Try to control access to the means of launching attacks.

In other words, make it so that a person can't commit a crime? You apparently have very little knowledge of how resourceful humans are...

2. Try to avoid the causes of that willingness.

What if the cause of that willingness to kill others is freedom and loving one's neighbor and capitalism etc?

3. Vigilance.

I, for one, agree that the government needs to be more vigilant, but they can't do that with all the crime going on that is a result of bad laws and bad government. As far as surveillance goes, the government has a right to punish criminals, and they can't do that if they don't know who the criminals are.

4. Design spaces to minimize impact of attacks.

Again, is your goal to make it so that a person can't commit a crime?

From what I've seen, that's not much of a deterrent of crime.

Far better to make it so that a person won't commit a crime.

musterion

1. Try to control access to the means of launching attacks.

With unrestricted immigration across open [non]borders.

2. Try to avoid the causes of that willingness.

By defending Mohammedism as the ultimate religion of peace, no matter what Mohammedans do in the name and by the teachings of Mohammed.

3. Vigilance.

By disarming as many Americans as possible and by making lawful gun ownership as onerous as possible, and by forbidding the profiling of likely terrorists.

4. Design spaces to minimize impact of attacks.

Notice carefully...he doesn't say "do everything possible to prevent attacks," he says "minimize the impact." That tells you he thinks some murders by Mohammedans are acceptable. Kinda like the Mayor of London, the Mohammedan who I believe said Mohammedan terrorism is just a fact of life.

rexlunae

But you have said Trump is wrong.....

Funny, I don't think I've mentioned Trump in this thread. Go on, what has he proposed to control access to the means of launching attacks? I might blow your mind and agree with him.

sooooo......stupid liberal.

Oh, I forgot a step:
5. Make sure to attack anyone who doesn't completely agree with you about other matters to keep yourself ideologically pure. That'll help tons.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You mean like "Safe Spaces"

3F190A5500000578-4394838-At_least_38_people_have_been_killed_after_two_explosions_targeti-a-77_1491747639433.jpg

dodge

Open discussion question.

Have at it.

Pray for God to place a hedge of protection around you also praying God deliver you from temptation and keep you from evil.

Works ! 1 tour in Viet Nam- 3 times to Iraq and 3 times to Afghanistan as a civilian D.O.D. contract employee.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
3 times to Iraq and 3 times to Afghanistan as a civilian D.O.D. contract employee.

I used to think Detroit was a dump. Then I was a Kabul resident and saw what a real dump is. Decades of communism, then decades of the Taliban.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And you can't defend yourself, aside from being inside something with real armor protection, or don't be near that person.

rexlunae

In other words, make it so that a person can't commit a crime? You apparently have very little knowledge of how resourceful humans are...

No. The goal is to make it harder to commit a crime, and to reduce the impact.

What if the cause of that willingness to kill others is freedom and loving one's neighbor and capitalism etc?

When has that happened? Do you think we've ever done anything to bring about ISIS?

I, for one, agree that the government needs to be more vigilant, but they can't do that with all the crime going on that is a result of bad laws and bad government. As far as surveillance goes, the government has a right to punish criminals, and they can't do that if they don't know who the criminals are.

I'm gonna count that as at least partial agreement.

Again, is your goal to make it so that a person can't commit a crime?

No. But to reduce the opportunities and the impact.

From what I've seen, that's not much of a deterrent of crime.

Far better to make it so that a person won't commit a crime.

How do you accomplish the later? Seems more like pie in the sky than anything I suggested, in addition to being even more vague.

dodge

I used to think Detroit was a dump. Then I was a Kabul resident and saw what a real dump is. Decades of communism, then decades of the Taliban.

I spent some time in Kabul and Kandahar both. Last place I was at in Afghanistan was at F.O.B. Shank.

Nick, one would have to see Kabul or any place in Afghanistan ( or Iraq ) to understand or believe how much of a dump it really is.