ECT "Things that are different" included Gentiles

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jews and Israelites are one and the same people.

Totally False!

All Jews were Israelites, but not all Israelites were Jews.

Look up the word "Jews" in the KJB. The first time it is found, the Jews are at war against Israel.

(Deut 28:64) Then the Lord will scatter you among all nations, from one end of the earth to the other. There you will worship other gods—gods of wood and stone, which neither you nor your ancestors have known.

The only time the Jews were ever removed from their land was when they were taken captive to Babylon for 70 years. However, even while they were in Bablyon, they still followed the Law, and did not start worshipping other gods.

Deut 28:64 describes the Israelites from the 10 tribes, not the Jews.

Interplanner

Totally False!

Look up the word "Jews" in the KJB. The first time it is found, the Jews are at war against Israel.

(Deut 28:64) Then the Lord will scatter you among all nations, from one end of the earth to the other. There you will worship other gods—gods of wood and stone, which neither you nor your ancestors have known.

The only time the Jews were ever removed from their land was when they were taken captive to Babylon for 70 years. However, even while they were in Bablyon, they still followed the Law, and did not start worshipping other gods.

You are bouncing around on etymology here. Sometimes people were called Jews because of the similarity of its sound to Judea. Judea was called that because of the original property Judah was given. The question for 'Ellanas' would be one of usage in the 1st century.

There are too many places where Jew is set again 'ethne' (nations, Gentiles) in the 1st century for your category.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are bouncing around on etymology here. Sometimes people were called Jews because of the similarity of its sound to Judea. Judea was called that because of the original property Judah was given. The question for 'Ellanas' would be one of usage in the 1st century.

There are too many places where Jew is set again 'ethne' (nations, Gentiles) in the 1st century for your category.

The Israelites from the 10 tribes were never Jews.

Now, look up the definition of the word "Gentile".

In the Bible, a Gentile was someone who was not a Jew.

Now factor in the fact that God divorced the 10 tribes, scattered them amongst the nations, told them they were not a people, and had no mercy on them.

Then imagine what these millions of people would look like over 700 years later after living amongst pagans, not observing the Law of Moses, worshipping pagan gods, and intermarrying pagans?

Danoh

Totally False!

Nonsense - both were nevertheless sons of Jacob.

And both are said to have been who the Law was given to/through...

It is YOU who need a thing to be as you have misread into a thing.

Even IP has had to call you on this one, lol

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nonsense - both were nevertheless sons of Jacob.

And both are said to have been who the Law was given to/through...

The 12 tribes split into 2 houses.

God divorced the house of Israel. Read the book of Hosea.

Danoh

Yep :thumb:

I have pointed that exact same thing out to him in the past, on here...to no...avail.

You're stubborn brosky, bro :chuckle:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yep :thumb:

I have pointed that exact same thing out to him in the past, on here...to no...avail.

You're stubborn brosky, bro :chuckle:

(John 10:6) And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Explain the two folds of sheep?

Danoh

In the history of the Jews, they were never scattered amongst the nations, and they never worshipped other gods.

What in the world do you think this is, other than other god worship?

John 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

That right there - especially verse 44 - is the same exact other god as an idol as this...

Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:chuckle: Apparantly, He's not very good at getting on with His life, after a divorce, ay?

:doh:

God could not re-marry the House of Israel, it would have been an abomination:

(Deut 24:4) then her first husband, who divorced her, is not allowed to marry her again after she has been defiled. That would be detestable in the eyes of the LORD. Do not bring sin upon the land the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance.

There was only one way God could remarry His ex-wife (House of Israel), and that was by death.

(1 Cor 7:39) A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord.

It wasn't until after the death of Christ Jesus that God could re-marry Israel (the 10 tribes).

Before the cross:

(Matt 10:5) These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans.

After the cross:

(Acts 1:8) But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.

Danoh

(John 10:6) And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Explain the two folds of sheep?

You won't believe the answer.

Ezekiel 37:16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions: 37:17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand. 37:18 And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these? 37:19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand. 37:20 And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes. 37:21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: 37:22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all: 37:23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God. 37:24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. 37:25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever. 37:26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. 37:27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 37:28 And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What in the world do you think this is, other than other god worship?

There were not gods made of wood and stone in Jerusalem that the Jews were worshipping.

Danoh

God could not re-marry the House of Israel, it would have been an abomination:

(Deut 24:4) then her first husband, who divorced her, is not allowed to marry her again after she has been defiled. That would be detestable in the eyes of the LORD. Do not bring sin upon the land the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance.

There was only one way God could remarry His ex-wife (House of Israel), and that was by death.

(1 Cor 7:39) A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord.

It wasn't until after the death of Christ Jesus that God could re-marry Israel (the 10 tribes).

Before the cross:

(Matt 10:5) These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans.

After the cross:

(Acts 1:8) But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.

:rotfl:

So you were attempting to bait out of me what you thought only you knew?

Towards what?

Toot, toot, toot, toot away, bro :chuckle:

Danoh

So, do you admit that the two folds of sheep are the two houses (Judah & Israel)?

I barely ever ask a question I do not at the same time share my own thoughts on.

Try that sometime.

It'll help somewhat towards keeping you from at least looking like you are baiting :chuckle:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:rotfl:

So you were attempting to bait out of me what you thought only you knew?

Towards what?

Toot, toot, toot, toot away, bro :chuckle:

(Hosea 1:10) Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.

When was Hosea 10:1 fulfilled?

Answer:

(1 Peter 2:10) Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

Is 1 Peter 2:10 the fulfillment of Hosea 1:10?