NFL Off Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Let us look at your logic. tet said that the Steelers should have won the '72 Super Bowl.

But that season the Steelers had a 6-8 record.

I'm talking about the 72' season. Back then the AFC Championship was played on December 31, 1972, not in January like they do now.

The Steelers lost to the undefeated Dolphins 21-17 in that AFC Championship Game. Bradshaw got hurt, and missed most of the game, and the Steelers still almost won.

The Dolphins went on to win the Super Bowl, and to this day, are still the only team to have an undefeated season and win it all.

when a defense allowed no touchdowns.

Which is what happened to your Cowboys on Dec 31, 1972.

Your pitiful Cowboys got smoked 26-3 that same day, in the NFC Championship Game, against the pitiful Redskins.

Jerry Shugart

The Steelers lost to the undefeated Dolphins 21-17 in that AFC Championship Game. Bradshaw got hurt, and missed most of the game, and the Steelers still almost won.

If not for the luckiest play in NFL history--the Immaculate Reception--the Steelers wouldn't have even been playing in that game.

Besides that, during the regular season the Boys beat the Steelers.

The Dolphins went on to win the Super Bowl, and to this day, are still the only team to have an undefeated season and win it all.

The last team to beat the Dolphins prior to their undefeated season was the Dallas Cowboys and they embarrassed them in the Super Bowl, 24-3.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If not for the luckiest play in NFL history--the Immaculate Reception--the Steelers wouldn't have even been playing in that game.

2nd luckiest play in NFL history, was Staubach's Hail Mary to Drew Pearson in the 75' Divisional game. It was clearly offensive interference on Pearson.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Then it wasn't luck.

It was luck because Staubach severely under threw the ball.

Staubach pumped fake left. Pearson was so far down the field on the right side after the pump fake, he had to stop dead in his tracks, to wait for the ball, and he wasn't even open, the Vikings CB was even further down field than he was.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In terms of my off season entertainment, this one falls short. These are not the longest plays. Not even close. Most aren't even that far in the air. Mike Vick's pass is good, but Brian Griese who was nobody's gun slinger could throw it 65 yards in the air, in the game. He did it in Denver. Still entertaining though.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thanks for sharing just getting closer and closer to the season.

I like baseball, but...it doesn't actually fill the gap. It was something to do when I was younger in the summer. Playing for American Legion and having people like StP strike everybody out. If we could hit a curve ball effectively, we would be in single A, not summer leagues.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I like baseball, but...it doesn't actually fill the gap. It was something to do when I was younger in the summer. Playing for American Legion and having people like StP strike everybody out. If we could hit a curve ball effectively, we would be in single A, not summer leagues.
:up: And then in single A, you'd face some of the hardest throwers in the pros, with 100+ mph fastballs getting slung right at you, time and again, because someone's got a flame thrower of an arm, and no control. :chuckle:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hitting a ball that is fast isn't that hard. They mix it with the off speed. And the good ones have movement on the ball. Hitting an 85 mph straight pitch is quick to pick up. Hitting the cutter at the same speed, not so much. Like I said though, I can't do it. I look like Pedro Cerrano up there.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
DBE6hxLXsAAXh8i.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.