Annihilationism is taught in the bible

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Annihilationism (also known as extinctionism or destructionism) is a belief that after the final judgment some human beings will be totally destroyed so as to not exist, or that their consciousness will be extinguished, rather than suffer everlasting torment in hell. Annihilationism is directly related to the doctrine of conditional immortality, the idea that a human soul is not immortal unless it is given eternal life by God.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Genesis 2:17[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Genesis 3:3[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.' "[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]God never said they could not examine the fruit.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Genesis 3:4[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
"You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The serpent’s doctrine is that there is eternal life in Hell. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Note:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] The word Hell is nowhere to be found in the original bible text.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Deuteronomy 30:15[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Deuteronomy 32:39[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
"See now that I myself am He! There is no God besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 Samuel 2:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
"The LORD brings death and makes alive; he brings down to the grave and raises up. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Proverbs 2:18[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
For her house leads down to death, and her paths to the death of spirits. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Proverbs 8:36[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
But whoever fails to find me harms himself; all who hate me love death."[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Proverbs 11:19[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
The truly righteous man attains life, but he who pursues evil goes to his death.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Proverbs 16:25[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Proverbs 23:14[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Punish him with the rod and save his soul from death.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psalm 56:13[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
For you have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before God in the light of life. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psalm 118:18[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
The LORD has chastened me severely, but he has not given me over to death[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hosea 13:14[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
"I will ransom them from the power of the grave ; I will redeem them from death. Where, O death, are your plagues? Where, O grave, is your destruction?[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 33:11[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Say to them, 'As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, O house of Israel?'[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 18:32[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live![FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 18:23[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
I do not take any pleasure in the death of the wicked declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, I am pleased when they turn from their ways and live?[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 16:28[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death, but they will see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mark 9:1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
And he said to them, "I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death, but they will see the kingdom of God come with power."[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Luke 9:27[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death, but they will see the kingdom of God."[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John 5:24[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hebrews 5:7[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hebrews 6:1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death,… [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]James 5:20[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 1:18[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gehenna[/FONT][FONT=&quot]). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 6:8[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gehenna)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 20:13[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades (grave) gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 20:14[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Then death and Hades (grave) were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Genesis 18:25[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Far be it from you to do such a thing—to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike. Far be it from you! Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?” [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 10:28[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
And do not fear them which can kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in (hell / Gehenna. ) [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A soul consist of both body and spirit.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ecclesiastes 9:5[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Job 27:8[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
For what hope have the godless when they are cut off, when God takes away their life?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

CherubRam

The righteous go into eternal life." (Mt 25:31,32,46)

Other Cited texts

Hebrews 10:26-27 NLT Hellfire will consume the wicked.
2 Peter 3:7 Ungodly will be destroyed.
Romans 2:7 God will make only righteous immortal.
Genesis 3:19 We came from dust and to dust we will return.
Psalm 146:4 Our thoughts/plans perish and spirit departs upon death.
Ecclesiastes 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Ezekiel 18:20 The soul who sins is the one who will die.
2 Chronicles 28:3 Jeremiah 19:5 Burning one's offspring in the Valley of Ben Hinnom (which is where concept of Gehenna or Hell comes from[75]) is NOT a commandment of God nor did it even enter His Mind.
Malachi 4:1–3 God will "burn up" the wicked at the judgment, and they will be ashes under the sole of the feet of the righteous. "For, behold, the day cometh, it burneth as a furnace; and all the proud, and all that work wickedness, shall be stubble; and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith Jehovah of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch...they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I make, saith Jehovah of hosts"
Matthew 10:28 Both body and soul are destroyed in hell. "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."
John 3:16 People who don't believe in Jesus shall perish and not receive eternal life.
John 6:51 Jesus offer... to "live forever" would make no sense apart from the fact that not all will live or exist forever.
2 Thessalonians 1:9 Everlasting destruction is having been destroyed and having no way to undo that.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death.
1 Corinthians 15:12–49 Only those who belong to Christ will be raised with imperishable, immortal bodies, all others perish as a man of dust.
2 Peter 2:6 God made Sodom and Gomorrah an example of what is coming to the wicked, specifically by reducing Sodom and Gomorrah to ashes: "and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, having made them an example unto those that should live ungodly"
Revelation 20:14–15 The wicked will suffer a second death, the same fate that death itself suffers (and death will be abolished—1 Corinthians 15:26): "And death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death, even the lake of fire. And if any was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire.

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Hell[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Etymology and Germanic mythology[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hel (1889) by [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Johannes Gehrts[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]An illustration by [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Doré[/FONT][FONT=&quot] of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Dante[/FONT][FONT=&quot]’s 6th circle of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Hell[/FONT][FONT=&quot], from the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Divine Comedy[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The modern English word Hell is derived from Old English hel, helle (about 725 AD to refer to a nether world of the dead) reaching into the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Anglo-Saxon pagan period[/FONT][FONT=&quot], and ultimately from [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Proto-Germanic[/FONT][FONT=&quot] *halja, meaning "one who covers up or hides something" The word has [/FONT][FONT=&quot]cognates[/FONT][FONT=&quot] in Latin (see verb cēlō, "to hide") and in related [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Germanic languages[/FONT][FONT=&quot] such as [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Old Frisian[/FONT][FONT=&quot] helle, hille, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Old Saxon[/FONT][FONT=&quot] hellja, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Middle Dutch[/FONT][FONT=&quot] helle (modern Dutch hel), [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Old High German[/FONT][FONT=&quot] helle (Modern German Hölle), [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Danish[/FONT][FONT=&quot], [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Norwegian[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Swedish[/FONT][FONT=&quot] helvede/helvete (hel + [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Old Norse[/FONT][FONT=&quot] vitti, "punishment" whence the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Icelandic[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]víti[/FONT][FONT=&quot] "hell"), and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gothic[/FONT][FONT=&quot] halja. Subsequently, the word was used to transfer a pagan concept to Christian theology and its vocabulary (however, for the Judeo-Christian origin of the concept see [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gehenna[/FONT][FONT=&quot]).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Some have theorized that English word hell is derived from Old Norse [/FONT][FONT=&quot]hel[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. However, this is very unlikely as hel appears in Old English before the Viking invasions. Furthermore, the word has cognates in all the other Germanic languages and has a Proto-Germanic origin. Among other sources, the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Poetic Edda[/FONT][FONT=&quot], compiled from earlier traditional sources in the 13th century, and the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Prose Edda[/FONT][FONT=&quot], written in the 13th century by [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Snorri Sturluson[/FONT][FONT=&quot], provide information regarding the beliefs of the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Norse pagans[/FONT][FONT=&quot], including a being named [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Hel[/FONT][FONT=&quot], who is described as ruling over an [/FONT][FONT=&quot]underworld[/FONT][FONT=&quot] location of the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]same name[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Development of Hell Levels in the Middle Ages [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The conceptions of hell described by the writers of the second-century and third-century church continued to be embellished throughout the rest of the millennium until the middle ages. Roman Catholics in the middle ages developed a series of levels in hell, all with no Biblical basis: [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Infernus[/FONT][FONT=&quot], the place of torment for the unrighteous damned and the demons. This is the place one most often thinks of when one hears the word "Hell."[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Purgatory[/FONT][FONT=&quot], where the saved souls go to be purged of the temporal effects of their sins[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]the Limbo of the Infants (Limbus Infantium)[/FONT][FONT=&quot], a place of perfect, natural, subjective happiness to which those who died before Baptism (and so are denied the Beatific Vision) but who have not committed personal sins (so don't warrant punishment) go. [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]the Limbo of the Patriarchs (Limbus Patrum)[/FONT][FONT=&quot], where the righteous who lived before Jesus came to earth went. It is this part of "Hell" that Christ descended into. It no longer exists. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hades[/FONT][FONT=&quot] was the ancient Greek god of the underworld. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hades[/FONT][FONT=&quot] ( /ˈheɪdiːz/; from Greek ᾍδης (older form Ἀϝίδης), Hadēs, originally Ἅιδης, Haidēs or Άΐδης, Aidēs (Doric Ἀΐδας Aidas), meaning "the unseen") was the ancient Greek god of the underworld. The genitive ᾍδου, Haidou, was an elision to denote locality: "[the house/dominion] of Hades". Eventually, the nominative came to designate the abode of the dead.

In Greek mythology, Hades is the oldest male child of Cronus and Rhea. According to myth, he and his brothers Zeus and Poseidon defeated the Titans and claimed rulership over the cosmos, ruling the underworld, air, and sea, respectively; the solid earth, long the province of Gaia, was available to all three concurrently.

Hades was also called "Plouton" (Greek: Πλούτων, gen.: Πλούτωνος, meaning "Rich One"), a name which the Romans Latinized as Pluto. The Romans would associate Hades/Pluto with their own chthonic gods, Dis Pater and Orcus. The corresponding Etruscan god was Aita. Symbols associated with him are the Helm of Darkness, the bident and the three-headed dog, Cerberus.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tar-ta-rus (tartarus) [[ Gr Tartaros ]] Gr. Myth. 1.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] An infernal abyss below Hades, where Zeus hurls the rebel Titans, later a place of punishment for the demons and devils. (mentioned only once in the Bible)

Ha-des (hadez) [[Gr Haides ]] 1 Gr. Myth. a. The home of the dead, beneath the earth. b The god of the underworld. 2. Bible: The state or resting place of the dead: name used in some modern translations of the New Testament

She-ol (sheol) [[Heb shaal , to dig]] A place in the depths of the earth conceived of as the dwelling of the dead. Note: In the KJV about half of scriptures are translated as hell, the other half as grave.

Gehenna: Mentioned twelve or thirteen times in the bible. Gehenna: Referring to the Valley of Hinnom, or Gehenna which is the city dump outside the walls of Jerusalem.

Topheth is believed to be a location in Jerusalem, in the Valley of Hinnom, where the Canaanites sacrificed children to the god Moloch by burning them alive.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Isaiah 30:33[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Topheth has long been prepared; it has been made ready for the king. Its fire pit has been made deep and wide, with an abundance of fire and wood; the breath of the LORD, like a stream of burning sulfur, sets it ablaze.[/FONT]

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Satan's future: "You defiled your sanctuaries by the multitude of your iniquities, by the iniquity of your trading, therefore I brought fire from your midst, it devoured you and I turned you to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all who saw you. All who knew you among the peoples are astonished at you, you have become a horror and shall be no more forever." (Ezekiel 28:18-19)

CherubRam

Satan's future: "You defiled your sanctuaries by the multitude of your iniquities, by the iniquity of your trading, therefore I brought fire from your midst, it devoured you and I turned you to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all who saw you. All who knew you among the peoples are astonished at you, you have become a horror and shall be no more forever." (Ezekiel 28:18-19)
Yes, that is another one that could have been added.

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]My Rest and Torment[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psalm 95:11[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So I declared on oath in my anger, ‘They shall never enter my rest.’”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hebrews 3:11[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So I declared on oath in my anger, ‘They shall never enter my rest.’ ”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hebrews 4:3[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said, “So I declared on oath in my anger, ‘They shall never enter my rest.’” And yet his works have been finished since the creation of the world.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hebrews 4:5[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And again in the passage above he says, “They shall never enter my rest.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 25:46[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 Peter 2:9[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jude 1:7[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 17:1[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute, who sits by many waters.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]One group of scriptures say eternal punishment, whereas the other scriptures say eternal torment.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The eternal punishment is death.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Eternal torment is a contradiction to what the bible says elsewhere.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Luke 16:23[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Luke 16:28[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 14:10[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 14:11[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 20:10[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Eternal fire is parabolic for “eternal punishment.”[/FONT]

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I have seen all your posts in this thread, but I have not read all of them. I read a book recently by Steve Gregg about three views of hell. If you are open to learning, I think that what you are doing here is good. If you already have the answers you are further along than me. I have read the Bible. I believe that when a person dies they are buried and that they will be resurrected. I do not know if eternal life begins when a person is born again or when they are raised to life again in the resurrection. I do not know if the terminology of a general resurrection is the right terminology. There is a resurrection of the righteous and the wicked, the just and the unjust. Is it life and judgment?

The Hebrew word for hell, or the word that is translated as hell in many Bibles, is sheol.

What you do not want to experience is the second death. The second death is the lake of fire. Even Hades is thrown or cast into the lake of fire.

Shalom.

Jacob

CherubRam

Shalom.

I have seen all your posts in this thread, but I have not read all of them. I read a book recently by Steve Gregg about three views of hell. If you are open to learning, I think that what you are doing here is good. If you already have the answers you are further along than me. I have read the Bible. I believe that when a person dies they are buried and that they will be resurrected. I do not know if eternal life begins when a person is born again or when they are raised to life again in the resurrection. I do not know if the terminology of a general resurrection is the right terminology. There is a resurrection of the righteous and the wicked, the just and the unjust. Is it life and judgment?

The Hebrew word for hell, or the word that is translated as hell in many Bibles, is sheol.

What you do not want to experience is the second death. The second death is the lake of fire. Even Hades is thrown or cast into the lake of fire.

Shalom.

Jacob

Actually it is death and the grave that is done away with. Even the condemned will be resurrected to face judgment.

CherubRam

Hell was a good money maker for the Papacy. And that is why Hell and torment was added to the bible. That again is why I call Hell the serpent doctrine.

Genesis 2:17
...but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

Genesis 3:4
"You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hell was a good money maker for the Papacy. And that is why Hell and torment was added to the bible. That again is why I call Hell the serpent doctrine.

Genesis 2:17
...but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

Genesis 3:4
"You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman.

Shalom.

I know nothing, little, or next to nothing about the Papacy. I am against Roman Catholicism. I am against Catholicism and Catholics. I am a Jew. I am not a Catholic. I believe that I should have no dealings with the Pope.

Shalom.

Jacob

CherubRam

Shalom.

I know nothing, little, or next to nothing about the Papacy. I am against Roman Catholicism. I am against Catholicism and Catholics. I am a Jew. I am not a Catholic. I believe that I should have no dealings with the Pope.

Shalom.

Jacob

[FONT=&quot]Pope Gregory and Paganism[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The attitude of the Catholic Church toward paganism is best summed up by Pope Gregory the Great, in his words to a missionary: “You must not interfere with any traditional belief or religious observance that can be harmonized with Christianity.” [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Not only were the Congregations divided by Gnosticism, but enticed by philosophy and paganism also, and there were geographic divisions as well. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pope Gregory [/FONT][FONT=&quot]540 – 12 March 604. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What were the Pagan beliefs harmonized with Christianity? Maybe the answer can be found by comparing Orthodox Judaism to Paganism. [/FONT]

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Pope Gregory and Paganism.
The attitude of the Catholic Church toward paganism is best summed up by Pope Gregory the Great, in his words to a missionary: “You must not interfere with any traditional belief or religious observance that can be harmonized with Christianity.”
Not only were the Congregations divided by Gnosticism, but enticed by philosophy and paganism also, and there were geographic divisions as well.
Pope Gregory540 – 12 March 604. What were the Pagan beliefs harmonized with Christianity? Maybe the answer can be found by comparing Orthodox Judaism to Paganism.

Shalom.

I am a convert to Judaism. I do not eat meat and dairy in the same meal, which agrees with or makes me Orthodox.

I am against Paganism. I am against the Catholic Church. I do not know if Paganism exists in the Catholic Church. Probably. Like with Mary worship.

Shalom.

Jacob

CherubRam

Hades ( /ˈheɪdiːz/; from Greek ᾍδης (older form Ἀϝίδης), Hadēs, originally Ἅιδης, Haidēs or Άΐδης, Aidēs (Doric Ἀΐδας Aidas), meaning "the unseen") was the ancient Greek god of the underworld. The genitive ᾍδου, Haidou, was an elision to denote locality: "[the house/dominion] of Hades". Eventually, the nominative came to designate the abode of the dead.

In Greek mythology, Hades is the oldest male child of Cronus and Rhea. According to myth, he and his brothers Zeus and Poseidon defeated the Titans and claimed rulership over the cosmos, ruling the underworld, air, and sea, respectively; the solid earth, long the province of Gaia, was available to all three concurrently.

Hades was also called "Plouton" (Greek: Πλούτων, gen.: Πλούτωνος, meaning "Rich One"), a name which the Romans Latinized as Pluto. The Romans would associate Hades/Pluto with their own chthonic gods, Dis Pater and Orcus. The corresponding Etruscan god was Aita. Symbols associated with him are the Helm of Darkness, the bident and the three-headed dog, Cerberus.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hades ( /ˈheɪdiːz/; from Greek ᾍδης (older form Ἀϝίδης), Hadēs, originally Ἅιδης, Haidēs or Άΐδης, Aidēs (Doric Ἀΐδας Aidas), meaning "the unseen") was the ancient Greek god of the underworld. The genitive ᾍδου, Haidou, was an elision to denote locality: "[the house/dominion] of Hades". Eventually, the nominative came to designate the abode of the dead.

Hades was also called "Plouton" (Greek: Πλούτων, gen.: Πλούτωνος, meaning "Rich One"), a name which the Romans Latinized as Pluto. The Romans would associate Hades/Pluto with their own chthonic gods, Dis Pater and Orcus. The corresponding Etruscan god was Aita. Symbols associated with him are the Helm of Darkness, the bident and the three-headed dog, Cerberus.

Shalom.

I do not agree with any of this. I only know that the word Hades is a Greek word. It is sometimes translated as hell.

Shalom.

Jacob

CherubRam

Shalom.

I am a convert to Judaism. I do not eat meat and dairy in the same meal, which agrees with or makes me Orthodox.

I am against Paganism. I am against the Catholic Church. I do not know if Paganism exists in the Catholic Church. Probably. Like with Mary worship.

Shalom.

Jacob

If you should ever find the time you should also study other things.

CherubRam

Matthew 11:23
And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted to the heavens? No, you will go down to Hades. For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Sodom, it would have remained to this day.

Matthew 16:18
And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

Luke 10:15
And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted to the heavens? No, you will go down to Hades.

Luke 16:23
In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side.

Revelation 1:18
I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

Revelation 6:8
I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Revelation 20:13
The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done.

Revelation 20:14
Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

Where do you find the word Hades in the Old Testament, you don't.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you should ever find the time you should also study other things.

Shalom.

I read, study, observe, and teach Torah. I want to know nothing of Catholicism and the Catholic Church. I wish I never knew about the Catholic Church. But alas, I am a live and the Catholic Church exists. Maybe it will fade into oblivion, in favor of God's commandments.

Shalom.

Jacob