Rules Governing The Gift Of Tongues

Eagles Wings

I was dead for 43 years.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of Elohim: and they that hear shall live."

GT always misses the spiritual aspect.

Wait for the insults...wait...wait...
This gave me a good chuckle.

You insult, then taunt.

Truster

This gave me a good chuckle.

You insult, then taunt.

What you call insult I know as spiritual reality.

What you term taunting is actually spiritual judgement.

These matters are of eternal consequence and humor was far from my intention...I hope.

WAIT...

God's Truth

On cancer, I'm not talking about through treatment or over time. I'm talking about one scan clearly showing it, then after prayer another scan showing it healed. And yes, I'm talking about healing from being born blind. Someone with 3 ruptured discs on one X-ray, then 3 new discs on the next. On the raising from dead, I don't know of anyone being raised after 4 days, but after almost an hour.
People have come along too late to tell me that the promise God made in Acts 2 (unto as many as the Lord our God shall call) has been revoked

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

You have already been told more than once. I said God stills gives miracle healings and I am not talking about always through medical treatment.

As for raising the dead after an hour, it is not what I am talking about, for Lazarus was dead for four days, and you know no one has been raised anymore after four days.

God's Truth

-

First you claimed that the gifts listed in the 12th chapter of Romans are callings. Now you claim they are enablements. You also claim that they have nothing to do with a manifestation of the Spirit.

Well; if your enablements don't manifest the Spirit, then whom do they manifest? The Devil? But the apostle Paul says they are gifts according to the grace that is given us.(Rom 12:6)

FYI: The koiné Greek word for "calling" is klesis (klay'-sis) which refers to invitations rather than gifts.

/

...arguing about words that do not matter...Keep reminding God's people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen. 2 Timothy 2:14

God's Truth

I was dead for 43 years.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of Elohim: and they that hear shall live."

GT always misses the spiritual aspect.

Wait for the insults...wait...wait...

Of course you miss the scriptures and are trying to distort yet another.

Jesus raised the PHYSICALLY DEAD Lazarus who was dead for four days.

God's Truth

These scriptures only say that God confirmed His word with signs and wonders. No where does the Bible say that God would ever stop confirming His word that way.
Yes, we are built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets. That only underscores the fact that it is of utmost importance that our doctrine and "acts" are consistent with theirs.
It makes absolutely no sense to say "the apostles and prophets are our foundation, so therefore we should have experiences and theology that is different than theirs". Especially when there are those in the modern age that can tell you they've experienced the same Holy Ghost that was poured out at Pentecost.
I readily admit there are counterfeits, but the real Holy Ghost - the one that was poured out in Acts 2, Acts 8, Acts 19 - is still being poured out.

It is simple, God testified to the message. Has all of the message been given? Yes.

SimpleMan77

Rules Governing The Gift Of Tongues

It is simple, God testified to the message. Has all of the message been given? Yes.

Every miracle wasn't to validate a new message - it was to validate the same message to people who hadn't yet heard it.
Are you saying that there are no people to whom the gospel is a new message?

Truster

Of course you miss the scriptures and are trying to distort yet another.

Jesus raised the PHYSICALLY DEAD Lazarus who was dead for four days.

That is the only resurrection you'll experience. Unto damnation...

We* look forward to the second resurrection unto eternal bliss...

(We* those that have experienced the first resurrection giving us regeneration and repentance.)

Unto Him who hath loved us* and washed us* from sin, unto Him be the glory forever, amen.

(us* see above.)

God's Truth

That is the only resurrection you'll experience. Unto damnation...

We* look forward to the second resurrection unto eternal bliss...

(We* those that have experienced the first resurrection giving us regeneration and repentance.)

Unto Him who hath loved us* and washed us* from sin, unto Him be the glory forever, amen.

(us* see above.)

Jesus and the apostles could raise those who were PHYSICALLY dead.

God's Truth

Every miracle wasn't to validate a new message - it was to validate the same message to people who hadn't yet heard it.
Are you saying that there are no people to whom the gospel is a new message?

The miracles and signs was God testifying to what the apostles said.

It was DURING the LAYING of the foundation.

God has already testified, and the foundation has already been laid.

Truster

Jesus and the apostles could raise those who were PHYSICALLY dead.

If you are trying to make a point please do so. Capitals denote shouting. Why are you shouting? Tantrum?

PS we are still waiting for a testimony and to find out if you are ready to admit that you are a sinner.

God's Truth

If you are trying to make a point please do so. Capitals denote shouting. Why are you shouting? Tantrum?

PS we are still waiting for a testimony and to find out if you are ready to admit that you are a sinner.

You think wrong about everything. I am drawing attention to the word you keep ignoring. We are not talking about how you think you were dead. I am talking about miracles of raising someone PHYSICALLY dead for four days.

Truster

You think wrong about everything. I am drawing attention to the word you keep ignoring. We are not talking about how you think you were dead. I am talking about miracles of raising someone PHYSICALLY dead for four days.

And...?

Do you really think that we are unaware of what Messiah and the apostles did? Your posts on this matter are so blatantly obvious they don't warrant an acknowledgement.

What we are waiting for is a TESTIMONY.

SimpleMan77

The miracles and signs was God testifying to what the apostles said.

It was DURING the LAYING of the foundation.

God has already testified, and the foundation has already been laid.

Repeating something over and over doesn't make it true.
Offer scripture for your opinion that God doesn't allow the same type of miracles. Show scripture for where the promise of the exact gift the apostles received was retracted (the promise that is "to you, and your children, and all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call").

Truster

I didn't know the final judge was on here. You shine a bad light on whatever point you're trying to make.

By their fruit ye shall know them. Her fruit are a bowl of lies.

I can't help but notice that you are judging me, but I expect that is OK, by you. Hypocrite fits the bill.

SimpleMan77

By their fruit ye shall know them. Her fruit are a bowl of lies.

I can't help but notice that you are judging me, but I expect that is OK, by you. Hypocrite fits the bill.

Even Jesus never said "you will go to hell" that I can remember. I believe the closest He came was to ask the question "how can you escape the damnation of hell".

My statement stands without need for correction.

Truster

Even Jesus never said "you will go to hell" that I can remember. I believe the closest He came was to ask the question "how can you escape the damnation of hell".

My statement stands without need for correction.

Are you seriously suggesting that the unregenerate hypocrites are going to glory?

Are you suggesting blind guides and those that follow them will not end up in the pit?

Are you denying Rev 20:14 and the judgement of the wicked?

You might prefer to send someone to hell with a lie in their right hand, but I will warn them and if in receiving the warning they repent not, then their end is confirmed.

You say that Messiah never said that anyone would go to Hell. So where, in your opinion, does the broad way lead?

Matt 5:29 If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

Matt 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matt 11:23 And you, Capernaum! You won’t be lifted up to heaven, will you? You’ll go down to Hell! Because if the miracles that happened in you had taken place in Sodom, it would have remained to this day.

You are seriously in need of correction, but your stubborn pride will not allow it. Next time you judge someone make sure you are fully versed in scripture before you do.

God's Truth

Repeating something over and over doesn't make it true.
Offer scripture for your opinion that God doesn't allow the same type of miracles. Show scripture for where the promise of the exact gift the apostles received was retracted (the promise that is "to you, and your children, and all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call").

I repeated myself because you asked questions I had already addressed.

As for scriptures, I already gave them too.