The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It has been explained to Bright Raven and the others many times in previous threads just what "worship" entails, depending on to whom one is directing that worship, and what that person's intentions are. Someone might "worship" an authority figure by merely offering a movement (such as a bow) denoting respect, and this is what we are to do to those who demand respect. (Romans 13:7) When we are in a courtroom and we hear "All rise" when the judge walks in, we rise. We are rendering him respect, and that is a form of "worship," in the Bible's sense of the word, in that instance. Yet we are not doing so with the intention of thinking of him as God. We worship God in a different way. We worship God as the Almighty, above all other "gods" that command obeisance.

Bright Raven knows this, yet he delights in playing the devil's advocate and trying to keep conflict going where there need not be any.

Ok, that makes sense. thank you.

Lon

You simpletons! How can God HAVE a God? You jerk the chains of sanity!

Yeah, I'm not a JW so you are correct on that point. There is no way I could be.

Simpleton? Idiot? :think: I'll leave you with your own thoughts and whatever you think is intelligent.

KingdomRose

John 10:30 30 I and My Father are one.” And John 17:3 ... And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

So... um... er... lookey here... He just linked Himself to the Father in the verse that clearly supports Lon.

Next?

I have posted to you many times just what John 10:30 means. It is in line with John 17:20-23, which says that Jesus prays to the Father that his disciples may be "one" just as he is "one" with the Father. You insist on ignoring that. If the disciples can be "one" with the Father, then, according to you, they are also God. Can you explain that, Evil?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus, God the Son of God, submits to God, the Father of God the Son of God.

That is why God has a God, because God the Son submits to God the Father.

If anyone is the simpleton who cannot understand a very basic concept, it is you.

Reactions: Lon

KingdomRose

To respond to JudgeRightly's post #7613:

Yes, sir, your last few words are exactly what the best translation is. "Your throne, the God," meaning "Your throne = the God", or, "Your throne is God." The same exact thing as "God is your throne." The verses are saying that the Son's throne gets its power and authority from God. That's it, pure and simple. All of your extra words are unnecessary and meaningless.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I have posted to you many times just what John 10:30 means. It is in line with John 17:20-23, which says that Jesus prays to the Father that his disciples may be "one" just as he is "one" with the Father. You insist on ignoring that. If the disciples can be "one" with the Father, then, according to you, they are also God. Can you explain that, Evil?
"That his disciples may be one" does not continue "with the Father just as Christ is one with the Father". It is a separate statement. The disciples should be one group of people, just like Christ is one with His Father.

KingdomRose

"That his disciples may be one" does not continue "with the Father just as Christ is one with the Father". It is a separate statement. The disciples should be one group of people, just like Christ is one with His Father.

That is not what John 17:20-23 says. The disciples were to be one WITH THE FATHER AND JESUS. :idea: Has the light come on yet?

Lon

To respond to JudgeRightly's post #7613:

Yes, sir, your last few words are exactly what the best translation is. "Your throne, the God," meaning "Your throne = the God", or, "Your throne is God." The same exact thing as "God is your throne." The verses are saying that the Son's throne gets its power and authority from God. That's it, pure and simple. All of your extra words are unnecessary and meaningless.
:nono: Heb 1:8
  πρὸς δὲ τὸν υἱόν· ὁ θρόνος σου, ὁ Θεός, εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα τοῦ αἰῶνος· ῥάβδος εὐθύτητος ἡ ῥάβδος τῆς βασιλείας σου. 

[however/but]To the son He [God from verse 5 on]: The throne of you, God is forever and forever, a septre of right is the sceptre of [your] rule/kingdom.

Lon

Yep. There is no way to dishonor the Son without blaspheming Him.

Blasphemy:

- A contemptuous or profane act, utterance, or writing concerning God or a sacred entity.
Thomas worshipped Him as God. John 1:1 calls Him God
-The act of claiming for oneself the attributes and rights of God.
Calling ourselves 'gods' only in the sense we are created in His image. The Lord Jesus Christ is the 'exact' representation of the Father and to
be honored just as we honor the Father. You cannot do that unless you have a modalist or triune understanding. It is, thus blasphemy by definition and by the call of scripture.
-An irreverent or impious act, attitude, or utterance in regard to something considered inviolable or sacrosanct.
Certainly denying one worthy of worship, that worship, isn't sacrosanct,but irreverent (no reverence for the Son) and impious in that they are 'gods' just as the Lord Jesus Christ is 'a god.'

I do not use the word blasphemy lightly. It is a grievous assessment.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
To respond to post #7613:

Twisting scripture to suit your argument? Naughty naughty.

A throne is not God. God is not a throne, not even symbolically, and as far as I'm aware, there is absolutely no Scripture that supports that claim, not even this one.

Let's just use the English version, for a moment:

But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom. - Hebrews 1:8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews1:8&version=NKJV

Do you think that the people who translated this into English were stupid? Or do you think that maybe they would have had respect for God's word and done their best to not mistranslate it?

Did you even stop and consider the first part of the verse? "But to the Son He says:". So there is, at the very least, a one sided conversation going on here. (Yes, I know, not in the context verses surrounding this one.) as with any conversation, KR, there are times when people say things in the middle of sentences such as names or titles (and yes, i just gave you an example of such). What makes you think that this verse is any different?

I suggest you read this. It directly refutes what you are saying about "God is your throne."
http://www.ukapologetics.net/16/jwtrans.htm

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That is not what John 17:20-23 says. The disciples were to be one WITH THE FATHER AND JESUS. :idea: Has the light come on yet?

"I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, {notice the comma there} as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." - John 17:20-23 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John17:20-23&version=NKJV

Lon

No. That light is an assumption, perpetrated by Arians and Unitarians and Mormons who all want to be 'gods' not have a God. The end of every cult dream is a planet of your own, NOT one-ness fellowship with the Father and Son. If you were thinking about His oneness, you'd realize love is unity with Him. The Son is God and always was. He was never created. At least Keypurr understands this part. We were never 'spirit' children waiting for human bodies. We are finite creations of God. Jesus is not. From forever to forever He is the same. 1 Timothy 6:16

Lon

1Ti 6:3 If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness,
1Ti 6:4 he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions,
1Ti 6:5 and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain.

1Ti 6:14 to keep the commandment unstained and free from reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ,
1Ti 6:15 which he will display at the proper time—he who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords,
1Ti 6:16 who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal dominion. Amen.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Here is a better representation of Hebrews 1:8:

ca42584844cd0fcd6a8a96f5d91de068.jpg

Jerry Shugart

Let us look at this verse and we can find the answer as to how God can have a God:

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men"
(Phil.2:5-7).​

Before the Lord Jesus was born of Mary He was in "the form of God." On earth He was made like us in all things and made under the law and was sent to serve the Father. Since He was under the Law like all Jews He worshipped the God of Israel. So that is how God has a God. And this passage proves that the Lord Jesus is God:

"But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom" (Heb.1:8).​

keypurr

You should view God the way He portrays Himself in the Bible.

No, Keypurr, there is only one God and Lord, God the Father and Son and Holy Spirit.

They are one and the same, as I've shown you countless times in this thread.

I literally just told you why Jesus calls His Father His God.

Jesus is submissive to His Father, and since His father is ALSO God, then it stands to reason that Jesus would call His Father God, in submission to Him.

Then you should have found another church, not abandon her entirely...

I looked and could not find one that keeps the commandments of God and the testamony of Jesus Christ.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TOL mobile app

Last edited:

keypurr

No. That light is an assumption, perpetrated by Arians and Unitarians and Mormons who all want to be 'gods' not have a God. The end of every cult dream is a planet of your own, NOT one-ness fellowship with the Father and Son. If you were thinking about His oneness, you'd realize love is unity with Him. The Son is God and always was. He was never created. At least Keypurr understands this part. We were never 'spirit' children waiting for human bodies. We are finite creations of God. Jesus is not. From forever to forever He is the same. 1 Timothy 6:16

Just to clearly my thoughts

Jesus was born (created) in Mary.

The spirit son is also a created being as he is an image.

Only the true God the Father is uncreated.

keypurr

Let us look at this verse and we can find the answer as to how God can have a God:

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men"
(Phil.2:5-7).​

Before the Lord Jesus was born of Mary He was in "the form of God." On earth He was made like us in all things and made under the law and was sent to serve the Father. Since He was under the Law like all Jews He worshipped the God of Israel. So that is how God has a God. And this passage proves that the Lord Jesus is God:

"But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom" (Heb.1:8).​
The only way God can have a God is to be a god.

There is only one most high God. The Father.

Christ was and always be in subjection to his God.