JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That depends on whether you are Ashkenazi or Sephardic. The "V" is of Germanic origin.
Which are you?
Shalom.

The Vav, ו, is Hebrew. It is a Hebrew letter.

God's name, expressed as YHVH in English or using English letters or characters, is, in Hebrew, from right to left, יהוה.

Beyond this I do not know how to answer your question.

Shalom.

Jacob

daqq

Shalom.

The Vav, ו, is Hebrew. It is a Hebrew letter.

God's name, expressed as YHVH in English or using English letters or characters, is, in Hebrew, from right to left, יהוה.

Beyond this I do not know how to answer your question.

Shalom.

Jacob

We had a small discussion of this in one of your own threads, beginning here.
You appear to be simply going with what your Rabbi has taught you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
We had a small discussion of this in one of your own threads, beginning here.
You appear to be simply going with what your Rabbi has taught you.
Shalom.

I do not know if what you are saying is true. I have learned about God's name at different points in my life. Also, I have had more than one Rabbi. I do not recall if any of them were the first to teach me about God's name, if I learned it elsewhere, or if I learned it on my own in my own studies.

Shalom.

Jacob

God's Truth

Are you speaking to me? I am going to answer this as if you are speaking to me. You are not addressing exactly what I said so I am not sure.

But you are not explaining it at al? Just restating what you already said? You say they are different...

You are not paying attention. I said they are NOT different.

but I ask how? Are they three different modes? Persons? Beings?
They are one? How? One person? Being or nature?
I already explained that too.
I said they are the same Spirit.
Trinitarians would say that they are one in the sense that they share the divine being. But that this "being" have three distinct personhoods. They illlustrate it like this: What you are is a human being, Who you are is "your name". God is "God/divine/diety" who? "Father and Son and Holy Spirit". I do not believe his myself but this is what they mean. It's like the threedeaded beast of greek mythology. You however say that there is one person that is Father, Son and holy spirit? One person that is revealing himself in different roles? That is almost modalism just that you see them as interchangable.
I am no more a modalist than I am a trinitarian.

As for trinitarians, you are wrong, for they do NOT answer in what way Jesus is the same as the Father. They go against what I say about they are the same Spirit. Trinitarians say no, three different Spirits. That is against the Word of God.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I do not know if what you are saying is true. I have learned about God's name at different points in my life. Also, I have had more than one Rabbi. I do not recall if any of them were the first to teach me about God's name, if I learned it elsewhere, or if I learned it on my own in my own studies.

Shalom.

Jacob

Shalom,

Please log onto this (https://jewsforjesus.org/) site and select the chat function. This is one of the best Jewish Believers in Christ sites ever and the moderators are fantastic. Engage them in dialogue Jacob. You won't regret it.

- EE

Scoroccio

Are you speaking to me? I am going to answer this as if you are speaking to me. You are not addressing exactly what I said so I am not sure.

You are not paying attention. I said they are NOT different.

I already explained that too.
I said they are the same Spirit.

I am no more a modalist than I am a trinitarian.

As for trinitarians, you are wrong, for they do NOT answer in what way Jesus is the same as the Father. They go against what I say about they are the same Spirit. Trinitarians say no, three different Spirits. That is against the Word of God.

Sorry my mistake. I ask you again, when you say they are bit different, you mean they arenot different persons?

So when you say one "spirit" what do you mean? In the Bible spirit is sometimes referring to an impersonal immaterial force and at other times spirit beings like God or the angels. So do you mean there is one spirit being/person who is God, the son and Holy Spirit?

Sorry you are terribly mistaken about trinitarians if you think they believe in three spirits. They say one essence three distinct persons. This forum is really odd it seems like everyone has their own definition of the trinity, and nobody really knows what they are talking about...one guy said something about a holy team...

God's Truth

Sorry my mistake. I ask you again, when you say they are bit different, you mean they arenot different persons?
I don't say they are a bit different, I say they are exactly the same.
Everything that Jesus says, it is what God the Father says.
Everything that Jesus does, it is what God the Father does.

That is what Jesus says.
Jesus says that when you see him, you can say, "I see the Father".

So when you say one "spirit" what do you mean? In the Bible spirit is sometimes referring to an impersonal immaterial force and at other times spirit beings like God or the angels. So do you mean there is one spirit being/person who is God, the son and Holy Spirit?
Right; as I said before, there is only ONE DIVINE Spirit.
God the Father is Spirit, Jesus Christ is the Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is the same Spirit.
Sorry you are terribly mistaken about trinitarians if you think they believe in three spirits.
No, you are terribly mistaken. Go do some more research before you tell untruths about me.
They say they are NOT the same.
They say one essence three distinct persons.
hahahaha I already addressed that. I told you already that the trinitarian doctrine does NOT say what essence, but they do DENY that that ESSENCE is the Spirit.
At least right now you see where the trinity doctrine strays into deeper falseness, but the choice is yours if you come back to defend it, because I will remind you that you did think it was wrong before you checked it out.

This forum is really odd it seems like everyone has their own definition of the trinity, and nobody really knows what they are talking about...one guy said something about a holy team...

I think the trinitarians here are starting to learn more about it because when I first started debating them they didn't seem to be able to answer much of anything, they merely repeated the old trinitarian mantra of Jesus is God not the Father, and the Holy Spirit is God but not not the Father....

Not one of them will answer the question about how the Bible says there is only ONE Spirit then how is the Father and Jesus not that ONE SAME SPIRIT. They refuse to answer.

KingdomRose

Those of us IN CHRIST already sit in heavenly places.

Ephesians 2:6
And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:​

We only await the redemption of our body.

Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.​

Even Paul realized that all those in the ruling class would have to endure to the end. Ephesians 2:6 would be fulfilled if they all endured. He indicated as much at Philippians 3:13. Understand?

So you are audacious enough to consider yourself one of the co-rulers with Christ? Most of us are going to be citizens of the earth in paradise conditions, being guided by Jesus and his 144,000. That is why Jesus died....so that we could take over where Adam screwed up, and live forever. (Psalm 37:9-11,29)

KingdomRose

Here's a Psalm and where the Son is called "O God" by the Lord God.

Psalm 45:6Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.

Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.​

You still didn't tell me where you explained Psalm 110 and Isaiah 61.

Sigh. Psalm 45:6 is translated otherwise in some versions, particularly the Jewish Publication Society's rendition. They say:

"Your divine throne is everlasting; your royal scepter is a scepter of equity."

Does the writer of this Psalm call anyone "God" here? The Jewish translators rightly rendered "your divine throne." The throne has the SOURCE as divine, therefore it really should be rendered as "God is your throne." God is the Son's SOURCE of power. There is an excellent discussion of this in Jason BeDuhn's book, Truth in Translation, pages 97-101.

The writer of Hebrews would have also written "God is your throne forever and ever." Jesus is not called "God" anywhere else in Hebrews. He is said to be sitting on the right hand of God. (Heb.1:2; 8:1) How could it be that Christ is sitting on his own right hand?

You'll also notice that after Heb.1:8, in the very next verse, Jesus is said to HAVE A GOD. How can God have a God? So we know that there has been a sloppy translating job done on verse 8!

"You loved righteousness, and you hated lawlessness. That is why God, YOUR GOD, anointed you with the oil of exultation more than your partners." (Heb.1:9)

KingdomRose

But you are not explaining it at al? Just restating what you already said? You say they are different...but I ask how? Are they three different modes? Persons? Beings?
They are one? How? One person? Being or nature?

Trinitarians would say that they are one in the sense that they share the divine being. But that this "being" have three distinct personhoods. They illlustrate it like this: What you are is a human being, Who you are is "your name". God is "God/divine/diety" who? "Father and Son and Holy Spirit". I do not believe his myself but this is what they mean. It's like the threedeaded beast of greek mythology. You however say that there is one person that is Father, Son and holy spirit? One person that is revealing himself in different roles? That is almost modalism just that you see them as interchangable.

I believe The Father is a spirit being and is the almighty God, his name is Yahweh/Jehovah/Yehovah whatever one is preferred. I believe Jesus before being a human was a seperate spiritual being that was created by God, the firstborn, the unique only begotten spiritual Son of God and that he is lesser than his Father. This spirit being became fully human while on earth and ceased to exist when he sacrificed his life for us, but that God resurrected him as an even more powerful spiritual being and that Jesus is now at the right hand of his Father and given all authority on earth and in heaven. I believe the holy spirit is God's operational power/influence or activity. He used it to create, to inspire scripture and prophecy to embue his servants with power and he has now given his Son Jesus the authority to use it at his disposal. I do not believe the holy spirit is a person.

Excellent. I agree wholeheartedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.