ECT Water Baptism Not For Today

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Not to worry, bro - I'll gladly straighten you out :chuckle:

And hopefully: visa-versa :D

Proverbs 27:17; Eph. 4:16 :)

I don't mind being straightened out, for after all, I am a seeker of truth and I'm bound to be mistaken about some things.
I do mind when it's assumed that I believe something that I don't, such as, the assumption that I believed that the Father's throne was a physical throne, which I didn't.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Jewish believers said nothing about themselves being exempt from the law.

Only in the writings of Paul do we find the phrase, 'not under the law but under grace'.

Good point. So you are claiming Jesus Christ had one group preaching salvation by keeping the law and another group preaching salvation by not keeping the law, is that right?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Before that we find Peter and the eleven keeping the feast of Shavuot/Pentecost.

Did Paul ever observe Pentecost? What about Passover, did Paul ever observe Passover?

What about Tabernacles? Did Paul observe Tabernacles?

Did Paul ever preach in synagogues? Were these Gentile synagogues?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
And Christ's declaration in Matthew 5 concerning the law which He never rescinded:

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Did Jesus specify which law he was referring to?

God's Truth

Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Act 3:12 ...Ye men of Israel,
Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Act 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

1Th 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night

Postponed!

No. Try again. The times of refreshing are when Jesus came the first time and the time of refreshing can be had by all now.

When Jesus comes again, he will come as a thief in the night, that means all must already be ready and saved before he comes.

Jesus will make a new earth and a new Jerusalem.

There will be no people above another because of their earthly blood line.

Why won't you accept the truth that we must be born of God and not of Abraham's flesh?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
No. Try again. The times of refreshing are when Jesus came the first time and the time of refreshing can be had by all now.

When Jesus comes again, he will come as a thief in the night, that means all must already be ready and saved before he comes.

Jesus will make a new earth and a new Jerusalem.

There will be no people above another because of their earthly blood line.

Why won't you accept the truth that we must be born of God and not of Abraham's flesh?

You're confused...just as usual.

Right Divider

Body part
What nonsense! Where do get this silly stuff?

Peter CLEARLY and UNAMBIGUOUSLY says that the "times of refreshing" were YET FUTURE in Acts 2!

Acts 3:19-21 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:19) ¶ Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; (3:20) And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: (3:21) Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

You need to believe the Bible.

God's Truth

What nonsense! Where do get this silly stuff?

Peter CLEARLY and UNAMBIGUOUSLY says that the "times of refreshing" were YET FUTURE in Acts 2!

(3:19) ¶ Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; (3:20) And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: (3:21) Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

You need to believe the Bible.

Peter was speaking about what the Old Testament said about the Messiah coming.

oatmeal

Did you read the verses I supplied? Did you understand them? The only thing water baptism does for anyone in this age of grace is get them wet.

Right Divider

Body part
Peter was speaking about what the Old Testament said about the Messiah coming.
No, he was not.

Heaven received the LORD Jesus when He ascended AFTER His time on earth.

Peter is telling his people TO REPENT and BE CONVERTED so that the LORD will send Jesus BACK for the SECOND time.

Danoh

I don't mind being straightened out, for after all, I am a seeker of truth and I'm bound to be mistaken about some things.
I do mind when it's assumed that I believe something that I don't, such as, the assumption that I believed that the Father's throne was a physical throne, which I didn't.

I'd assumed you take, as do I: the Father's throne in Heaven to be a Literal, Spiritual one; not a Literal, Physical one.

And besides, what's to mind, or take personally?

Not when we have this to calm us as our focus, no matter what storm: real, or perceived; might come our way...

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

We're better off refocusing ourselves right then and there, during such moments, on that.

It is what said instruction in righteousness was written towards.

We don't want the tribulation. We don't go looking for it. But should it come; or should we perceive it has - we have an answer that when focused on during such moments, works together with it, for good.

Which is how the following works...

1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Trust me, bro, at some point in time or another, one of us will offend the other, and or perceive that has happened.

There is no rest in that. No assurance.

Romans 5, however; now there is our rest. There is our focus.

There is to be...our focus.

There is our certainty.

Our joy, during any and all nonsense and or stuff of life that will surely come our way at one point or another; whether perceived, or actual.

Our victory?

The refocus, right then and there - 'what should my focus be, what focus has God made mine? The sufficiency of the Cross!'

Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

Romans 4:20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; 4:21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

Do you realize bro, that any time we let our fleshly mind arise to interpret what has happened and or allow the flesh to determine how we are to respond - do you realize that in those moments we are actually being anything but being fully persuaded as to what He has promised is to be and can be our focus?

Romans 5 is that powerful.

Should any of this post offend.

Well, then refocus yourself on looking at that through the lens of Romans 5.

That by that you might right then and there, cast down said imaginations that would oppose this glorious knowledge of the Lord's complete victory - to the glory of the Son!

That we might glory in our mututal infirmity together - in Him, bro.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I'd assumed you take, as do I: the Father's throne in Heaven to be a Literal, Spiritual one; not a Literal, Physical one.

And besides, what's to mind, or take personally?

I was trying to demonstrate to another poster that Christ is not presently reigning from the throne of David. That was the whole argument.
I would have expected and appreciated some support since you also believe that. Instead, you offered complexity and the argument lost its focus.

This place is frustrating enough already without an ally neutralizing the argument for no apparent reason.

Danoh

I was trying to demonstrate to another poster that Christ is not presently reigning from the throne of David. That was the whole argument.
I would have expected and appreciated some support since you also believe that. Instead, you offered complexity and the argument lost its focus.

This place is frustrating enough already without an ally neutralizing the argument for no apparent reason.

The only way you'd experience any frustration would be if you allow your success or failure to get through to anyone to be the issue.

Again, I'll point you to what is to be our focus during any kind of trials and tribulations, no matter how big, or how small.

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

The joy over all issues - in their very midst - awaits each and every one of us in a Romans 5 focus.

:)

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
No, he was not.

Peter is telling his people TO REPENT and BE CONVERTED so that the LORD will send Jesus BACK for the SECOND time.

Now, how could anyone read this very lucid explanation and not understand what Peter was saying? :idunno:

God's Truth

No, he was not.

Peter is explaining that Jesus came, JUST AS WAS prophesied about.

Peter says he is now in heaven...until all are saved, all whom God wants saved.

Jesus comes as a thief. That means you have to already be saved, and, not just saved, you have to be ready, meaning you cannot be caught in sin.

Jesus is coming again and nothing is going to stop him.

God's Truth

Now, how could anyone read this very lucid explanation and not understand what Peter was saying? :idunno:

How do you EVER get it means the Jews will not be saved until Jesus comes again?

All the SAVED, they are saved when Jesus comes again.

Right Divider

Body part
Peter is explaining that Jesus came, JUST AS WAS prophesied about.
That was PART of Peter's message. Not the part that we are talking about.

Peter says he is now in heaven...until all are saved, all whom God wants saved.
Nice double-talk.

Jesus comes as a thief. That means you have to already be saved, and, not just saved, you have to be ready, meaning you cannot be caught in sin.
More made-up stuff.

Jesus is coming again and nothing is going to stop him.
Duh.