User Tag List

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 182

Thread: Famous Atheist Quotes

  1. #16
    Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Posts
    5,090
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 818 Times in 563 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    308426
    Nuts!

    What every atheist says about 10 seconds after dying.
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

    What are my fruits today?

    Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

    "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

  2. #17
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Are you sure you aren't sameing you energy to nurse your novel and finish your beer?
    Saving my energy, and yeah....

  3. #18
    ...then I woke up. Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    26,925
    Thanks
    389
    Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,101 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    1099925
    Quote Originally Posted by Metro State Atheis View Post
    Saving my energy, and yeah....
    It appears you left off the "t" in your username. Was that intentional? If not, would you like me to change it for you?
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

  4. #19
    King of the jungle Lion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    541
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Are you sure you aren't sameing you energy to nurse your novel and finish your beer?
    In service of the
    Lion and the Lamb

  5. #20
    King of the jungle Lion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    541
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    Nuts!

    What every atheist says about 10 seconds after dying.
    Whoa! We may have a wiiiiiiiiiiner!!!

    But it's too soon to tell... sorry.
    In service of the
    Lion and the Lamb

  6. #21
    Trainee
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    God's United States of America, which even though our smartest people don't love Jesus, all of us dumb people do, and that makes the USA the best!!!
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    I for one am looking forward to the "Famous Christian Quotes" thread.

  7. #22
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    It appears you left off the "t" in your username. Was that intentional? If not, would you like me to change it for you?
    I would very much appreciate it. When typing in my user name, it would not let me finish with the "ts." Is it possible to fix this? Thanks,
    - Chalmer

  8. #23
    Newbie Redstar91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    If TOL is any indicator, heaven sucks.

  9. #24
    Newbie Redstar91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Some of my favorites come from people who contributed the most to the progress of human civility. Sorta disproves the myth that atheists have no ethical viewpoints...

    The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality. - George Bernard Shaw

    A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows. - Mark Twain

    I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. - Susan B. Anthony

    Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer. - Anonymous

    Be thankful that you have a life, and forsake your vain and presumptuous desire for a second one. - Richard Dawkins

    I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it. - Mark Twain

    Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? - Douglas Adams

    Jesus hardly made the greatest sacrifice. He knew he would be resurrected anyway. - Anonymous

    Animals do not have gods, they are smarter than that. - Ronnie Snow

    Religion is the opiate of the masses. - Karl Marx

    I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins
    If TOL is any indicator, heaven sucks.

  10. #25
    Newbie Redstar91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Vita Detestabilis View Post
    How about. "Man mad God in His Image" Friedrich Nietzsche
    Sounds about right, although it derives from an older quote. "On the first day, Man made god."
    If TOL is any indicator, heaven sucks.

  11. #26
    King of the jungle Lion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    541
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    224
    Redstar quote
    Some of my favorites come from people who contributed the most to the progress of human civility. Sorta disproves the myth that atheists have no ethical viewpoints...
    Only when they ape Christian ideals and civility.
    In service of the
    Lion and the Lamb

  12. #27
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    "If I were not an atheist, I think I would have to be a Catholic because if it wasn't the forces of natural selection that designed fish, It must have been an Italian."
    - Douglas Adams

  13. #28
    King of the jungle Lion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    541
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    224
    Adams...hmmm...funny writer...terrible hitchhiker… thumbed the wrong ride and ended up in hell.

    On the bright side… he’s no longer an atheist.
    In service of the
    Lion and the Lamb

  14. #29
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    To be honest, I don't know whether Jim Gaffigan is an atheist or not (if he isn't, he's the first funny "aatheist" (geddit?) stand-up comedian ever), but I found this rather amusing.

    "Easter! The day Jesus rose from the dead, what should we do?" "How 'bout eggs?!" "Well, what does that have to do with Jesus?" "Alright, we'll hide 'em!" "I don't follow your logic!" "Don't worry, there's a bunny..."

  15. #30
    Trainee IoverE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    "The way to see by faith, is to shut the eye of reason"
    Ben Franklin

    "Give a man a fish he eats for a day, give a man religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish." Not sure who said it but thought it was funny
    Last edited by IoverE; January 6th, 2009 at 09:35 AM. Reason: added another
    "When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
    ...Stephen F Roberts

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us