Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

"Jesus died for everyone, but no one enters that grace without coming to Jesus with faith, faith that his blood cleans us."

Scriptural reference please.

1 John 2:2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Romans 5:2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.

Isaiah 59:20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the Lord.

glorydaz

Jesus died for everyone, but no one enters that grace without coming to Jesus with faith, faith that his blood cleans us.

Paul preached to people who have NEVER EVER heard of God and Jesus, so how are they going to change their minds about God?

Now let the Reader see that glorydaze does in fact claim that the madists believe that repent means to change one's mind ABOUT GOD.

I have been called a liar by Tambora for saying that is what madists have told me.

Glorydaze has even tried to cause confusion by saying she never said it.

Now we see here that she has said it.

Newsflash....

Unbelievers do no believe in God.

They change their mind and believe in God when they hear the Gospel.

This is real rocket science, folks. :chuckle:

popsthebuilder

1 John 2:2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Romans 5:2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.
That doesn't pertain to initial salvation, but to sanctification.

Faith grows from the point of initial salvation. Hope and need precede? it.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

Isaiah 59:20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the Lord.

So do you think one cannot repent without first knowing GOD?

God's Truth

Newsflash....

What don't you get about what I said?

I said God does NOT save unbelievers.

Pops and Calvinists say people are saved WHILE they are unbelievers and that God saves them to make them believe.

NO SCRIPTURE anywhere says that God saves unbelievers in their state of unbelief.

glorydaz

Jesus died for everyone, but no one enters that grace without coming to Jesus with faith, faith that his blood cleans us.

Paul preached to people who have NEVER EVER heard of God and Jesus, so how are they going to change their minds about God?

Now let the Reader see that glorydaze does in fact claim that the madists believe that repent means to change one's mind ABOUT GOD.

I have been called a liar by Tambora for saying that is what madists have told me.

Glorydaze has even tried to cause confusion by saying she never said it.

Now we see here that she has said it.

Newsflash....

Pops and Calvinists say people are saved WHILE they are unbelievers and that God saves them to make them believe.

NO SCRIPTURE anywhere says that God saves unbelievers in their state of unbelief.

You run your mouth so much you don't even know what you're saying.

The "change of mind" is from unbelief to belief. Don't claim you've never heard it. I've seen many many people tell you the same thing. As usual, you don't listen....you just yap yap yap.

popsthebuilder

Acts: 9. 1. And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, 2. And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem. 3. And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: 4. And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? 5. And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Acts: 9. 1. And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, 2. And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem. 3. And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: 4. And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? 5. And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Not only can we see from the above scripture that justification is not the same single thing as salvation. Faith is to justification. Not initial salvation.

I'm pretty sure I said hope had to do with salvation.

Romans: 8. 24. For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

Romans: 11. 29. For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. 30. For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: 31. Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

Do you see how it says the gifts of God are without ceasing?
So does that mean that faith brings about initial salvation?

1 Corinthians: 3. 1. And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. 2. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. 3. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? 4. For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal? 5. Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6. I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. 8. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. 9. For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building. 10. According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 11. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13. Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16. Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17. If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. 18. Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. 19. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. 20. And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain. 21. Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours; 22. Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours; 23. And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

2 Corinthians: 1. 9. But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead: 10. Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;

2 Timothy: 2. 8. Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel: 9. Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound. 10. Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. 11. It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12. If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13. If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself. 14. Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

Now tell me that faith is what causes initial salvation. Tell me GOD doesn't raise the dead while dead. Tell me salvation doesn't have anything to do with hope.

God's Truth

Show where I said those things you accuse me of or stop making the claims please.

Please read post #2749 more carefully.

I know without a doubt that man can be saved without technically believing in GOD. They may need a hope or need and sincerity in asking for help or guidance, but as far as them needing to be a professing Christian or even professing believer; no...not needed for initial guidance/ salvation/ help.

glorydaz

So do you think one cannot repent without first knowing GOD?

You realize that's talking about Israel, don't you?

That's why you see a gospel to the circumcision and a gospel to the uncircumcision.

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;​

God's Truth

Not only can we see from the above scripture that justification is not the same single thing as salvation. Faith is to justification. Not initial salvation.

Those scriptures prove you wrong, for Paul was NOT saved or justified before he believed and he was not yet saved as you say we can be without believing.

Paul was not saved until AFTER he believed AND repented of his sins.

Don't forget that YOU said we do not have to believe to be saved. You said that.

Faith alone is DEAD and does NOT justify.

We must have living faith, faith that is not dead.

popsthebuilder

Sanctification happens when one is saved.

You do not get sanctified until you have faith that Jesus' blood cleans you of your sins, and Jesus sanctifies you at that time and that is being saved.
Exactly; sanctification comes from faith, not initial salvation or new life from death.

God's Truth

That's why you see a gospel to the circumcision and a gospel to the uncircumcision.

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;​

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

popsthebuilder

Circumcision is of the spirit.

God's Truth

Exactly; sanctification comes from faith, not initial salvation or new life from death.

Don't tell me exactly when you go against what I say.

No one is saved, justified and sanctified before they believe AND obey.

You can't get around it pops.

popsthebuilder

Those scriptures prove you wrong, for Paul was NOT saved or justified before he believed and he was not yet saved as you say we can be without believing.

Paul was not saved until AFTER he believed AND repented of his sins.

Don't forget that YOU said we do not have to believe to be saved. You said that.

Faith alone is DEAD and does NOT justify.

We must have living faith, faith that is not dead.
Read Acts9:1-5 again.

Read it all again

popsthebuilder

Don't tell me exactly when you go against what I say.

No one is saved, justified and sanctified before they believe AND obey.

You can't get around it pops.
That is utter nonsense.

You cram them all together as if it is one big single step.

Tell me; does faith grow?

I'm done for now.

I just can't....not right now.

Getting close to 3000 posts in this thread and for what?

I hope one person got something out of it. And I don't mean a contentious spirit.

I'm out

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.