Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Why wouldn't you?. I'm not trying to get at you, I'm honestly trying to understand the way you believe regarding this?

That goes for anyone else too?

2Co 5:14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
2Co 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

marhig

2Co 5:14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
2Co 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
So steko do you turn from doing wrong in your life?

As in, you can't do it if you know it's wrong before God?

God's Truth

You're right, it's just plain misleading.

It's boasting when you tell everyone how you obey everything, and it was your obedience that saved you, and it was your obedience that will keep you saved.

Jesus saves us all on his own, and he says he saves those who believe and obey.

That is what he says.

If you do not believe you have to obey everything, tell me what things you think you don't have to obey?

glorydaz

Why wouldn't you?. I'm not trying to get at you, I'm honestly trying to understand the way you believe regarding this?

That goes for anyone else too?

I have absolutely no desire to do anything which might displease the Lord...and it was a work of God...not my own doing.

Colossians 2:10-12KJV
And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.​

marhig

Yes, however, it doesn't get me saved nor does it keep me saved.

Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Well steko I see that "yes" as obedience to God.

Because sometimes my flesh goes to do something, and I can't do it. My flesh wants to, but I know it's wrong, and I have a strength in me that is stopping me now, where as before i knew God i didn't. My conscience is really strong, and the things I would have done before no problem, I can't do now. Many things are dead to me now that I loved before, and I have no interest in them, thanks be to God. But other things I still get tempted with and I know that God is giving me the power to overcome them.

Where I do disagree with you, is the keeping me saved part, I have also have a free will, and I know that if I don't listen to God and obey him, and when I feel that strength not to do something, I go against it, then that is wilfully sinning, and Paul himself said that sin brings forth death. What death would that be? Paul also says that we can also be cut off, cut off from what?

We are sealed by the Holy Spirit yes, but if we turn away from God and go back and put our lives before him, and put our flesh first, then we make that choice ourselves, and God won't be fooled, he's not going to stay with those who choose this world before him.

We are to continue in Gods goodness, and live by his will, listen to our conscience and when the Spirit within urges us to do right, we should listen and obey God. It shouldn't even be a "have to do thing" because once we are born of God we should want to please him and obey him and do his will.

Paul said in Romans 1 that God gave them over to their reprobate minds, these are those who knew the truth and lived by the will of their flesh regardless. God won't be mocked steko. And it's good to see that you say that you don't do it. But many people do, they profess to know God, say that they are saved, and live a life that is wrong before him, putting themselves first and God last in their lives. Living by the will of their flesh and not by the will of God.

And this is what I mean, we can't carry on living the way we please, and if we are born of God, we should be receiving the power from the Holy Spirit to help us to overcome our flesh. And we should be willing to lay down our lives, become a living sacrifice and live by the will of God.

marhig

I have absolutely no desire to do anything which might displease the Lord...and it was a work of God...not my own doing.

Colossians 2:10-12KJV
And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.​

I agree! Without God, we can do nothing! And everything is done through Christ Jesus. Without him I'd still be dead in my sins. He is the way, the truth and the life. And no-one gets to the father except through him.

marhig

This is what I mean.

Ephesians 2

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Paul says in times past, it should be in times past where we were disobedient, and in times past we walked according to the course of this world, and in times past that we had our conversation in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of our mind. These things should be in times past now that we belong to God. And we should no more be children of disobedience, but children of obedience loving God and wanting to live to do his will. And I know that we can't do it without him. But we must be willing to walk away from our flesh and this world, and then through faith and by the grace of God, God will strengthen us to overcome by the power of the Holy Spirit through Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.