The hidden and denied sin of idolatry.

Truster

I doubt very much that anyone who has read and trusts the Bible would have the audacity to disagree with the fact that idolatry is wrong. It is in fact sinful and is in the face of what is good, acceptable and pleasing to the Eternal Almighty. Idolatry is intent on dethroning The Almighty. It denies the Almighty access to His rightful place in the heart* of man.

heart* not the blood pump.

Where many begin to argue is about what an idol is and that their personal idols are not idols at all.

I’m going to begin this thread with what constitutes an idol.

(The Compact Dictionary of Doctrinal Words. Terry L. Miethe, p. 112).
An idol is:
*- an object of passionate devotion.
- any object of ardent or excessive devotion or admiration.
- something or someone on which the affections are strongly and often excessively set.
- any thing or person that is the object of excessive or supreme devotion, or that usurps the place of God
*in human affection.
- whatever claims the loyalty of that which belongs to God alone.
Idolatry is:
*********** - immoderate (exceeding just and/or suitable bounds of) attachment or devotion to something.
*********** - excessive devotion to or reverence for some person or thing.
*********** - blind or excessive devotion to something.
*********** - immoderate attachment to or veneration for any person or thing.
*********** - the giving of absolute religious devotion and ultimate trust to something that is not God; immoderate
*attachment or devotion to or veneration for something. or someone (H)

Truster

Sports idolatry American style.

Sports idolatry American style.

In researching this trend I needed to discover what constitutes passionate devotion. Here is one example of extreme devotion in sport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQxjNiOF9z4

I defy anyone of sound mind, who has watched the video, to deny this is idolatrous behaviour.

Last edited:

Bradley D

To worship an idol is vanity. Something desirable to the worldly, but in the end will be worthless even to them.

Truster

To worship an idol is vanity. Something desirable to the worldly, but in the end will be worthless even to them.

Are you fully aware that anyone professing Messiah as Adonai and Saviour proves their profession false and hypocritical through sports idolatry?

Truster

Glory, glory Man United

Glory, glory Man United

Glory, glory Man United just about sums it up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8S3u81zc4U

Idolatry is:
*********** - immoderate (exceeding just and/or suitable bounds of) attachment or devotion to something.
*********** - excessive devotion to or reverence for some person or thing.
*********** - blind or excessive devotion to something.
*********** - immoderate attachment to or veneration for any person or thing.
*********** - the giving of absolute religious devotion and ultimate trust to something that is not God; immoderate
*attachment or devotion to or veneration for something. or someone (H)

Last edited:

Bradley D

Are you fully aware that anyone professing Messiah as Adonai and Saviour proves their profession false and hypocritical through sports idolatry?

Anything put above God is idolatry. I rarely watch sports. I certainly don't make idols of anyone. I don't even know any of the sports figures names.

Truster

Fiction that people enjoy in movies is based on:

Violence, deceit, murder, covetousness, theft, lying, fornication, adultery, homosexuality, fame, fortune, revenge, fantasy, feminism, multiculturalism, lifestyle and fear.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Anything put above God is idolatry. I rarely watch sports. I certainly don't make idols of anyone. I don't even know any of the sports figures names.

I can believe your sincerity in the Lord.

Your commitment to Jesus is clearly showing with what you say.

much blessings:)

Truster

Who do you really serve?

There are 1,400 minutes in a day. How many of those minutes do you spend in the praise, meditation, contemplation and celebration of your Maker?

How many minutes of a day do you spend in the service of idols such as sport, pets, entertainment, money and so on….

‘’No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve Elohim and mammon.’’

The service of mammon is idolatry and therefore the verse can be read….Ye cannot serve Elohim and idols.

Whatsoever or whosoever your mind is focused on that is who you serve.

Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

Truster

I've put you on ignore so I don't have to look at all those stupid things on your page. Are you an 8year old? Or do you just have the mind of one.