ECT Heb 9 vs the "club"

DAN P

The new covenant in Hebrews 9 is:
>present tense
>deals with sin/justification from sin
>says nothing about a separate restoration of Israel as a nation.
The new covenant was Christ's performance that Israel failed to do. 'Sacrifices and offerings, you did not desire, but a body you have prepared.'--this was the 2nd party of this event explaining his role in it. Back in Isaiah, the Father had said of the Servant: 'I have made you a covenant for the nations...' That's it. If you can't see this taking shape in Hebrews 9, it's pretty hopeless.

The "club" is flat wrong in denying these. They claim to be champions of plain meaning, yet every time they get near Heb 9:
>They deny it is present tense by postponing it to the millenium. They are constantly saying it is not now--applicable now.
>they are so concerned with land promises that they don't exult in the victory over sin and guilt here
>they "see" (imagine) all kinds of reference to a separate restoration in Israel. Separate = Christians in heaven, Jews is Judea. There is one item back in the quote from Jer that shows the joining of Israel and Judah but this is far from a total land separation, which is debunked by the rest of Hebrews. Equally disturbing is the blatant rejection of any other ref to the new covenant in the synoptics or I Cor 11.[/QUOTE

Hi and in Heb 9:15 there is one PRESENT TENSE , and so WHAT !!

First is the CONTEXT !!

There are thousands PRESENT TENSES IN THE BIBLE !!

In verse 15 thete are also a PERFECT TENSES , whatt are they doing in that verse ??

So , again DANCER , how is a person saved under the NEW COVENANT ??

When that person dies , WHERE IS I P soul going to go ??

dan p]

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
I still think Danoh is peeved that the Esquire Club turned him down, and he does not get to sip brandy and smoke cigars with saint john w the great, and discuss methods of "raising" golf scores.

And muse with me, Mayor:"I see Mary Jane, ticker symbol, 'MJNA,' is off fractionally, in heavy trading."

john w

Hall of Fame
I'm riding Mayberry Power & Light until the end, saint john.

Thanks, Mayor. Since you are bullish on MPL, I called my hedge manager, at "Dewey, Cheatem, and How," Eddie "Easy Money" Haskell, and told him to buy out of the money puts on MPL, at market. Thanks again, creep!

Here is my prophesied MPL bearish Belt Hold Hammer Candlestick chart pattern:

View attachment 25616

I take off on stock market prophets.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The new covenant in Hebrews 9 is:
Spelled out in Hebrews 8

Hebrews 8:8-12 KJV
(8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
(9) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
(10) For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
(11) And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
(12) For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.​

Quoted from:

Jeremiah 31:31-34 KJV
(31) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
(32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
(33) But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
(34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.​

Last edited:

Interplanner

But in 9, it is clearly what I have listed:

CURRENT
SOLVING THE DEBT OF SIN IN CHRIST
FOR ALL PEOPLE
NOT CONFINED TO OR CONCERNED WITH A FUTURE RESTORED ISRAEL

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

Thanks, Mayor. Since you are bullish on MPL, I called my hedge manager, at "Dewey, Cheatem, and How," Eddie "Easy Money" Haskell, and told him to buy out of the money puts on MPL, at market. Thanks again, creep!

Here is my prophesied MPL bearish Belt Hold Hammer Candlestick chart pattern:

View attachment 25616

I take off on stock market prophets.

You sure are sensitive, fella!
Or maybe just high spirited

Interplanner

Three questions continue to hang:

1, why doesn't Heb 10's commentary dwell on anything the 'club' thinks is important? It never leaves the list I gave above, and IT IS THE OFFICIAL COMMENTARY ON THE JER 31 PASSAGE.

Interplanner

2. What does tribal reunification have to do with the rest of what ch 9 and 10 says is important, compelling?

2A: does any other passage in the NT show any concern about tribal reunification? Does any other source about Judaism at the time?

Interplanner

3, a covenant with both of the divided groups before the exile, does not exclude others from other nations, which was the destiny of Israel since Abraham in Christ. It simply doesn't favor either. But again, was this an issue to anyone in the 1st century? No. Samarians and Galileans were completely different kinds of frictions--for those in Jerusalem--in the 1st century.

SaulToPaul 2

3, a covenant with both of the divided groups before the exile, does not exclude others from other nations, which was the destiny of Israel since Abraham in Christ. It simply doesn't favor either. But again, was this an issue to anyone in the 1st century? No. Samarians and Galileans were completely different kinds of frictions--for those in Jerusalem--in the 1st century.

Made up.