ECT Pastor says out loud what a lot of pastors and "Christians" really believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

musterion

http://christiannews.net/2017/04/12/profane-pastor-welcomes-open-homosexuals-admits-he-doesnt-care-what-bible-says/

In 2015, Meeks announced that he believed a “move of the Spirit” caused him to rethink how he had handled the issue of homosexuality.

“I don’t care if the Bible says, ‘Gay people [crude language],'” he declared. “The Bible is pro-slavery, both in the Old Testament and the New Testament. It doesn’t have a very great view of women leading and teaching. I have lots of things I disagree with about the Bible.”

“We’ve decided [the Bible] fell from the sky and now we’ve got to [use] it like a manual for how to run the Earth, how to legislate morality. And that’s not what it is,” Meeks asserted. “If we need to consult an ancient book to know what to do when a human being is in front of us, I think we’re [crude language] already.”

dodge

Good post !

2 Timothy 3King James Version (KJV)

3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

The world is there !

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
If all you have to do is believe and be saved then I'm not sure why all this other stuff even matters.

Danoh

If all you have to do is believe and be saved then I'm not sure why all this other stuff even matters.

Who ever said that is all there is?

The words and conduct of some (towards those who do not agree with their words on the gospel of grace) might appear to be asserting such.

But what that basically is, is a poor witness of their words on their part.

The witness of the gospel of grace in some, absent of said grace, towards anyone who does not agree with them.

No need to throw the baby out with the water.

Even in the false witness of such, by their unbecoming conduct towards anyone who does not agree with them, nevertheless...things that differ...are not the same.

2 Corinthians 6:1 We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain. 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.) 6:3 Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed: 6:4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses, 6:5 In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings; 6:6 By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned, 6:7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, 6:8 By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true; 6:9 As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed; 6:10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
To flat come out and say that homosexuality is OK is against the Biblical writ. If that is not what you want you have the freedom to believe that way. But until God changes the Bible, it is wrong. He is also wrong in cussing from the pulpit. Shame on Him.

Ephesians 5:3-7 New King James Version (NKJV)

3 But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; 4 neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. 5 For this you know,[a] that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. 7 Therefore do not be partakers with them.

Danoh

To flat come out and say that homosexuality is OK is against the Biblical writ. If that is not what you want you have the freedom to believe that way. But until God changes the Bible, it is wrong. He is also wrong in cussing from the pulpit. Shame on Him.

Ephesians 5:3-7 New King James Version (NKJV)

3 But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; 4 neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. 5 For this you know,[a] that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. 7 Therefore do not be partakers with them.

Yep :thumb:

kiwimacahau

1: Homosexuality is a normal part of the human sexual continuum.
2: It occurs in every generation at about the 2-4% level.
3: I therefore contend that it is as God intends.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

in the same manner that pedophilia is

kiwimachoo said:

while estimates of pedophilia prevalence are 2-7 times higher

kiwimachoo said:

i therefore contend that you are a supporter of pedophilia

dodge

Nope. Just making it worse.

Sent from my SM-A500Y using Tapatalk

Homosexuality is perverted, unnatural, nasty, and perverted sex is not worth spending "eternity" in hell.

Every generation has perverts that does not make it normal or acceptable.

Lon

:dizzy: So does divorce at 50% So does polygamy. So does adultery.

You are a sad strange man, Ray. "God" is your sensibility and "common fleshly sense" is your bible. There is no sense that you are a "Christian." You are a Druid and I'm glad your status of "Christian" was removed from you since TOL moved formats. There is no sense you understand the mind of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.