This Day I Have Begotten You II

Jerry Shugart

The following passage shows us exactly when the Lord Jesus was begotten. Notice that from the first verse quoted here to the last the subject under discussion is the resurrection of the Lord Jesus:

"But God raised him from the dead: and he was seen for many days of them that came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are now his witnesses unto the people. And we bring you good tidings of the promise made unto the fathers, that God hath fulfilled the same unto our children, in that he raised up Jesus; as also it is written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee. And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he hath spoken on this wise, I will give you the holy and sure [blessings] of David. Because he saith also in another [psalm], Thou wilt not give Thy Holy One to see corruption. For David, after he had in his own generation served the counsel of God, fell asleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption: but he whom God raised up saw no corruption"
(Acts 13:30-37).​

The Lord Jesus was begotten when He was resurrected from the dead. Notice that we read in "bold" here:

"...in that he raised up Jesus; as also it is written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee" (Acts 13:33).​

Let us look at the relevant passage from the second Psalm:

"Yet I have set my king Upon my holy hill of Zion. I will tell of the decree: Jehovah said unto me, Thou art my son; This day have I begotten thee" (Ps.2:6-7).​

Here we can see that the Lord Jesus' being "begotten" is tied to His rule on the earth as king. And that is exactly the same connenction which the Apostle Peter makes here:

" Brethren, I may say unto you freely of the patriarch David, that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us unto this day. Being therefore a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins he would set [one] upon his throne; he foreseeing [this] spake of the resurrection of the Christ, that neither was he left unto Hades, nor did his flesh see corruption. This Jesus did God raise up, whereof we all are witnesses"
(Acts 2:29-30).​

We can see that Peter tied the Lord's resurrection to the fact that he will sit upon the throne of David in the future and that is exactly the same connection which we see at Psalm 2. So this is the second instance where we see that the Lord Jesus being begotten is in regard to His resurrection from the dead.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

Let's now examine the next place where we see the phrase, "Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee":

"So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee"
(Heb.5:5).​

This verse ties the Lord Jesus' role as our High Priest to being "begotten." As I have demonstrated previously, the words "today I have begotten thee" refers to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. So how does the Lord's resurrection tie into His role as High Priest? Because while on the earth he could not be a priest so He did not become one until after He was resurrected:

"For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law" (Heb.8:4).​

daqq

I keep waiting to hear from Daqq since he considers himself an expert on this subject.

Why would I wish to rebut your argument again here when that rebuttal has already been fully accomplished? And why would I want to watch you continue repeating the same thing a thousand more times hoping the answer will somehow change to your favor? "This day have I begotten you" was spoken by the Voice from the heavens, from the Father to Yeshua at his immersion, and it is the full decree from Psalm 2:7 which you and yours cut in half, stripping away the most critical portion of the decree of the Father, and that is because of your "eternal Son" dogma. If indeed you understood which one is Messiah you would not do what you do.

Jerry Shugart

Why would I wish to rebut your argument again here when that rebuttal has already been fully accomplished?

I thought by now that you would have come to your senses by now." Let us look at this passage again:

"But God raised him from the dead: and he was seen for many days of them that came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are now his witnesses unto the people. And we bring you good tidings of the promise made unto the fathers, that God hath fulfilled the same unto our children, in that he raised up Jesus; as also it is written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee. And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he hath spoken on this wise, I will give you the holy and sure [blessings] of David. Because he saith also in another [psalm], Thou wilt not give Thy Holy One to see corruption. For David, after he had in his own generation served the counsel of God, fell asleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption: but he whom God raised up saw no corruption"
(Acts 13:30-37).​

We can clearly see that that all of these verses are speaking of the Lord Jesus bing raised from the dead. But you say that despite the fact that the first two verses are speaking of His resurrection and the last four verses are speaking about the same thing you say that the verses in "bold" are in regard to something entirely different from His resurrection.

According to your strange idea the words "raised up Jesus" in these verses have nothing to do with His resurrection!

Last edited:

RBBI

@ Daqq....No kidding, right? Only begotten means, THERE IS ONLY ONE, and He is not a man of flesh and blood but a man of SPIRIT, like His Father. He that ASCENDED is also He that first DESCENDED. Since flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of G-d, then tell me, guys, just WHO is it that descended as the Son? THINK!

Jerry Shugart

@ Daqq....No kidding, right? Only begotten means, THERE IS ONLY ONE

If you are right then we must believe that Abraham had only one son:

"By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son" (Heb.11:17).​

Do you not know that Isaac was not Abraham's only son?

RBBI

If you are right then we must believe that Abraham had only one son:

"By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son" (Heb.11:17).​

Do you not know that Isaac was not Abraham's only son?

Isaac WAS his only begotten son; the son birthed through faith in the Father to keep His covenant with him, what he thought to be the promised son, made not through the arm/works of flesh. Just as the Spirit Seed Son is also birthed through the Father that is Spirit. Flesh births flesh, Spirit births Spirit, and flesh profits nothing in G-d's covenant.

daqq

So the "Spirit Seed Son" is the Lord Jesus or not?

The field is your kosmos-world. The good seed are the sons of the kingdom but the zizanim are the sons of the wicked one. The enemy that sowed the zizanim in your field is the devil. The Summer of your harvest is the consummation of your first age, (which first age, as having been said to you, consists of the four generations of the man like the four seasons in the full revolution of a year: Autumn, Winter, Spring, and the Summer of your harvest). The reapers are the messenger-angels. As therefore the zizanim are gathered up, and burned in aionion fire prepared for the devil and his angels, so shall it be in the consummation of this your first age. :)

Jerry Shugart

The field is your kosmos-world. The good seed are the sons of the kingdom but the zizanim are the sons of the wicked one.

Why are you unable to stay on the subject? The question I asked was not about "sons" but instead about the following Son mentioned earlier on this thread:

Just as the Spirit Seed Son is also birthed through the Father that is Spirit. Flesh births flesh, Spirit births Spirit, and flesh profits nothing in G-d's covenant.

Is that "Spirit Seed Son" the same Son born to Mary, the Lord Jesus?

If your answer is "no" then please identify that Son. If you don't know then just says so. But don't lead us on a wild goose chase.

daqq

Why are you unable to stay on the subject? The question I asked was not about "sons" but instead about the following Son mentioned earlier on this thread:

Just as the Spirit Seed Son is also birthed through the Father that is Spirit. Flesh births flesh, Spirit births Spirit, and flesh profits nothing in G-d's covenant.

Is that "Spirit Seed Son" the same Son born to Mary, the Lord Jesus?

If your answer is "no" then please identify that Son. If you don't know then just says so. But don't lead us on a wild goose chase.

That response was indeed on the subject to which I responded.
Why are you not able to follow logic or understand the parables of Messiah?

Isaac WAS his only begotten son; the son birthed through faith in the Father to keep His covenant with him, what he thought to be the promised son, made not through the arm/works of flesh. Just as the Spirit Seed Son is also birthed through the Father that is Spirit. Flesh births flesh, Spirit births Spirit, and flesh profits nothing in G-d's covenant.

Who is this "Spirit Seed Son" of whom you speak?

Unto us a child is born, and unto us a son is given, this is in the parables of Yeshua:
Messiah must be formed in you even as according to our beloved brother Paul . . . :)

So the "Spirit Seed Son" is the Lord Jesus or not?

The field is your kosmos-world. The good seed are the sons of the kingdom but the zizanim are the sons of the wicked one. The enemy that sowed the zizanim in your field is the devil. The Summer of your harvest is the consummation of your first age, (which first age, as having been said to you, consists of the four generations of the man like the four seasons in the full revolution of a year: Autumn, Winter, Spring, and the Summer of your harvest). The reapers are the messenger-angels. As therefore the zizanim are gathered up, and burned in aionion fire prepared for the devil and his angels, so shall it be in the consummation of this your first age. :)

Messiah must be formed in you, just as Paul says and I repeated already once, and now twice. "Yisrael is My Son, My Firstborn", says YHWH, (Exodus 4:22), and we are joint-heirs with Messiah, one of whose names is given as Elohei Yisrael.

Therefore you cannot get to where you need to be through MADism. :)

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Why would I wish to rebut your argument again here when that rebuttal has already been fully accomplished? And why would I want to watch you continue repeating the same thing a thousand more times hoping the answer will somehow change to your favor? "This day have I begotten you" was spoken by the Voice from the heavens, from the Father to Yeshua at his immersion, and it is the full decree from Psalm 2:7 which you and yours cut in half, stripping away the most critical portion of the decree of the Father, and that is because of your "eternal Son" dogma. If indeed you understood which one is Messiah you would not do what you do.

Jesus is described as the Prince (King's Son) of Peace.

One quick side note... it's Interesting what Deuteronomy 17:14-20 says about "NATIONAL ISRAEL'S KING".

Isaiah 9:6

(6)*For a child is born to us,
a son is given to us;
dominion will rest on his shoulders,
and he will be given the name
Pele-Yo‘etz El Gibbor
Avi-‘Ad Sar-Shalom
[Wonder of a Counselor, Mighty God,
Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace],

When was He anointed to be the "Coming King" like David (1 Samuel 16:12-13), that He might be declared the Prince of His King Father? (Matthew 3:16)

Who was the Future King of National Israel's Samuel? Yochanan the Immerser (Matthew 3:13-17) For Avi-'Ad saw His authority passing to His Only Begotten Son (John 3:16 + Luke 2:13 + Luke 1:35) and very "blood line" that day. Was He anointed with oil? No... as Avi-'Ad alone could be anointed as the Union of Creation and Creator...
f92ef0f0bf450bdf1fb94121c40db8a0.png

With "Ruach HaKodesh"...

When was he crowned King of Israel?

(Proverbs 15:33 + Psalm 149:4 + Matthew 27:29)

For... (Matthew 27:37)

When... when did He conquer Death and Spiritual powers?
Spoiler
evil.eye.<(I)> said:
Hebrews 13:13 is clear who bore our "shame" outside the "camp" of Creation.

Jesus (YHWH Incarnated) took the place of "Gentile, Demon, Ungodly, Adversarial, Heathen" peoples... cursed to Death's reign... and appeared before "YHWH Father" and "Adversary" as a shaggy goat man (Zechariah 3) (Genesis 27:9-10, 18-29) because of our collective sins that He bore. ... This is genuine Spiritual allegory bolstered by (John 5:39)

Zechariah 3 explains what happened and (1 Peter 3:18-22) bolsters this ... (Romans 8:9 parallel to Luke 23:46)
Brings this home....

But...

Here is the full scriptural path to backing up my assertion...

Rv. 12:3-4 to Ezekiel 28:13-17, 2-5 to Isaiah 14:12-15, 19 to Genesis 3:1-5, 14-15 to Psalms 89:37-45; Matthew 2:16-18

Rv. 12:5 to Genesis 49:8-12 to Isaiah 7:14-15 to Luke 1:46-55 to Luke 2:4-20
(John 13:33 - John 14:6 parallel with Matthew 26:31-35) to Matthew 27:50-53 to Luke 24:46 to (1 Peter 3:18-20 parallel with Philippians 1:19)

Zechariah 3:1-2 to Jude 1:9 to Deuteronomy 4:20 to Amos 4:11 to Acts 7:56 to Job 2:2-5 to James 2:13

........... Zechariah 3:3-5 to Leviticus 22:3 to Galatians 3:19-26 to John 16:8-11 to Deuteronomy 19:15-21 to Deuteronomy 17:6 to Philippians 2:5-11 to 1 Timothy 2:5-6 to 1 Timothy 3:4-7 to 1 Timothy 3:16 to 2 Timothy 1:8-10 to 1 John 4:6-9 to 1 John 5:7 to John 18:37 to John 19:10, 12 to Ephesians 4:8

Zechariah 3:6-7 to Psalms 2:2, 6-12

Zechariah 3:8 to John 15:1-8 to Hebrews 4:8-16

Zechariah 3:9 to 1 Peter 2:1-10 to Revelation 3:21 to Revelation 3:12 to Revelation 3:5 to Zechariah 3:3 to Revelation 2:17 to Revelation 2:25-29 to Revelation 5:6 to Revelation 12:7-12 to 1 Peter 5:8-9 to Hebrews 2:14 to Revelation 1:8

Zechariah 3:10; 6:9-15 to John 15:1

Zechariah 6:9-15 to Revelation 4:10-11 to Revelation 11:16-18 to Revelation 19:11-12, 21

Hebrews 4:8-9 to Matthew 11:25-30 to Matthew 12:7 to Hebrews 4:10 to Romans 4:4-5 to Hebrews 4:11 to Psalms 95:7-11 to Exodus 17:1-7 to Numbers 20:2-13

Hebrews 4:11 to Deuteronomy 12:9 to Hebrews 4:12-13 to Galatians 3:22 to John 5:39 to John 3:16-17 to Hebrews 4:14-16

- Evil.Eye.<(I)>

And... "When" Did He Ascend in Corporeal form... - (1 Corinthians 15:20-58 ... but especially 1 Corinthians 15:40) ...
[MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION] ... Messiah is Avi-'Ad (Isaiah 9:6) ("I and the Father ARE One"; Deuteronomy 6:4; "Don't you know Me, Philip, even after I have been with you all this time?") ... (1 Corinthians 15:28) - "WHEN" did He fully claim "Spiritual Dominion" back from ALL Creation, that we took by the aid of deception...? (Genesis 3:7... instead of accepting God's provision Genesis 1:28 ... "thus" Genesis 3:14 + Hebrews 2:14 + 1 Corinthians 15:54-58) ... when did The Prince "Declared King" (John 12:13) ascend to sit on "His" Heavenly Throne in corporeal, Spiritual Form? (Making the Earth His footstool as it was with "ALL Things" placed beneath His feat)

(Acts 1:1-12). That's when!
[MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION] ... when is He returning ("descending") and fully claiming His unified throne of Heaven and Earth as the King of "National Israel" and all Creation?

Spoiler
Matthew 23:39 For I tell you, from now on, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of Adonai’”

Luke 21:20, 21, 24

24 Some will fall by the edge of the sword, others will be carried into all the countries of the Goyim, and Yerushalayim will be trampled down by the Goyim until the age of the Goyim has run its course. ... 37 Yeshua spent his days at the Temple, teaching; while at night he went out and stayed on the hill called the Mount of Olives.

Acts 1

6 When they were together, they asked him,Lord, are you at this time going to restore self-rule to Isra’el?” 7 He answered, “You don’t need to know the dates or the times; the Father has kept these under his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Ruach HaKodesh comes upon you; you will be my witnesses both in Yerushalayim and in all Y’hudah and Shomron, indeed to the ends of the earth!”

9 After saying this, he was taken up before their eyes; and a cloud hid him from their sight. 10 As they were staring into the sky after him, suddenly they saw two men dressed in white standing next to them. 11 The men said, “You Galileans! Why are you standing, staring into space? This Yeshua, who has been taken away from you into heaven, will come back to you in just the same way as you saw him go into heaven.”

12 Then they returned the Shabbat-walk distance from the Mount of Olives to Yerushalayim.

Zechariah 14Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

14 Look, a day is coming for Adonai
when your plunder, [Yerushalayim], will be divided
right there within you.
2 “For I will gather all the nations
against Yerushalayim for war.
The city will be taken,
the houses will be rifled,
the women will be raped,
and half the city will go into exile;
but the rest of the people
will not be cut off from the city.”
3 Then Adonai will go out
and fight against those nations,
fighting as on a day of battle.
4 On that day his feet will stand
on the Mount of Olives,
which lies to the east of Yerushalayim;
and the Mount of Olives
will be split in half
from east to west, to make a huge valley.
Half of the mountain will move toward the north,
and half of it toward the south.
5 You will flee to the valley in the mountains,
for the valley in the mountains will reach to Atzel.
You will flee, just as you fled before the earthquake
in the days of ‘Uziyah king of Y’hudah.
Then Adonai my God will come
to you with all the holy ones.

Zechariah 2 (CJB]

25 “I will restore to you the years that the locusts ate,
the grasshoppers, shearer-worms and cutter-worms,
my great army that I sent against you.
26 You will eat until you are satisfied
and will praise the name of Adonai your God,
who has done with you such wonders.
Then my people will never again be shamed.
27 You will know that I am with Isra’el
and that I am Adonai your God,
and that there is no other.
Then my people will never again be shamed.

Chapter 4 (CJB)

Joel 4Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

4 (Chapter 3 Western Bible) “For then, at that time, when I restore
the fortunes of Y’hudah and Yerushalayim,
2 I will gather all nations and bring them down
to the Valley of Y’hoshafat [Adonai judges].
I will enter into judgment there
for my people, my heritage Isra’el,

whom they scattered among the nations;
then they divided my land.
3 They drew lots for my people,
traded boys for whores,
sold girls for wine to drink.

Hebrews 10:31

That's the Iron of a biblical Zionist's Blade. I know I only scratch your stone heart, but I thrust it home in the Name of

, the TRUE Zionist of zionist's.

Psalm 87Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

87 (0) A psalm of the sons of Korach. A song:
(1) On the holy mountains is [the city’s] foundation.
2 Adonai loves the gates of Tziyon
more than all the dwellings in Ya‘akov.
3 Glorious things are said about you,
city of God. (Selah)
4 I count Rahav and Bavel
among those who know me;
Of P’leshet, Tzor and Ethiopia [they will say],
“This one was born there.”
5 But of Tziyon it will be said,
“This one and that was born in it,
for the Most High himself establishes it.”
6 When he registers the peoples, Adonai will record,
"This one was born there.” (Selah)
7 Singers and dancers alike say,
“For me, you are the source of everything.”

So [MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION] ... give it a rest and stop twisting scripture.

Revelation 21:22 !!!!!!!
[MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION] ...

75633599.jpg

You would tear books from scripture and distort scriptures word after word to DENY THE LIVING WORD HIS RIGHTFUL TITLE "Avi-'Ad".

The worst part is that you do this to cover your error with PRIDE (Proverbs 16:18)
[MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION] ... when Jesus told Philip... in answer to Philip asking Jesus to show him the "Father" (Avi-'ad) (The Father of Eternity) and (El Gibbor) (Mighty God) ... and Jesus answered as He did...

Philip had two choices... he could have called the nut house and said some yokal was claiming to be God, so bring the straight jacket... or he could have replied as Thomas and said... "My Lord my God".

You, Daqq, do neither and call people blasphemous for "QUOTING SCRIPTURE".

You, Daqq, twist scripture... and are as the famous Atheist T.C. said.

"If Jesus Christ were to come today, people would not even crucify him. They would ask him to dinner, and hear what he had to say, and make fun of it."
Thomas Carlyle

daqq

Why did you even come on this thread since you never intended to say a think about the subject of this thread?

All you do is to talk in riddles and go round and round and never make a lick of sense!

A waste of time!

YOU are the one who said this:

I keep waiting to hear from Daqq since he considers himself an expert on this subject.

And you said it before I had ever responded here. Do you think I did not see this thread when you first posted it? I certainly did see it. Why do you suppose I did not respond right away? It is for the same reason I told you when I responded to your post above. If you did not want me to respond here then why are you are just talking about me behind my back. Nowhere in the rules does it say I have to sit back and let you slander and speak evil of me.