Conversion.

Lon

I started this thread. I think you find it is you who needs to move on, but the pride you have in creeds and traditions prevents you from moving. As I said you have nothing, but my sympathy.

PS they have some millstones on eBay.
*Note: No creeds or 'traditions' were mentioned in thread, except from Truster :plain: :yawn:

You are a very dogmatic and intolerant. I have a challenge for you. A genuine one. Name ONE (1) person on TOL who is actually a Christian or lover of God, besides yourself.

Why? Because I don't get you. I may get another that you actually think measures up before God and thus, 'might' get salvation myself if you are correct, and I don't have it. So, if you are truly interested in my soul, answer the question please and thank you. -Lon

Truster

*Note: No creeds or 'traditions' were mentioned in thread, except from Truster :plain: :yawn:

You are a very dogmatic and intolerant. I have a challenge for you. A genuine one. Name ONE (1) person on TOL who is actually a Christian or lover of God, besides yourself.

Why? Because I don't get you. I may get another that you actually think measures up before God and thus, 'might' get salvation myself if you are correct, and I don't have it. So, if you are truly interested in my soul, answer the question please and thank you. -Lon

I'm aware of what you people promote as being necessary for salvation and the importance you put on people adhering to confessions. Reformed , reformed you cry as if reformed were in the scriptures. (Now when they heard this they were pricked....what shall we do? Become reformed they answered.)

You ask me to judge OK lets do so by the process of elimination and I'll just use the comments and people on this thread.

I have read the testimony of AMR on RTI along with his statement of personal faith and would not call him brother nor speak peace unto him.

I read your testimony on here a number of years ago and wouldn't ever dream of calling you brother.

As for wasp man there is no chance.

Nag has been nothing but that. She is aware of my spiritual convictions and instead of leaving me alone she not only intrudes, but mocks about it to others. Despicable behaviour and I do understand her husband is supporting her behaviour. He should be thoroughly ashamed. In Wales we have a tradition that if a woman acts in a despicable way we give the husband a good kicking that he deserves for allowing such bad manners.

As of yet I haven't drawn close to any members on TOL, but a few that speak the truth consistently have come under my radar. I haven't pursued fellowship with anyone as I live in the UK. There are a few people who made friendship requests, but as contradictions come to light, I have withdrawn the courtesy.

My joining TOL was with a single purpose in mind and that is why I'm here. To bring to light hypocrisy wherever I see it. I am at least consistent in my calling down liars, false teachers and errors. I don't show any favoritism nor do I fear any man.

Here I stand; I cannot do otherwise; Elohim help me! Amen".

Lon

As of yet I haven't drawn close to any members on TOL, but a few that speak the truth consistently have come under my radar. I haven't pursued fellowship with anyone as I live in the UK. There are a few people who made friendship requests, but as contradictions come to light, I have withdrawn the courtesy.

My joining TOL was with a single purpose in mind and that is why I'm here. To bring to light hypocrisy wherever I see it. I am at least consistent in my calling down liars, false teachers and errors. I don't show any favoritism nor do I fear any man.

Here I stand; I cannot do otherwise; Elohim help me! ,Amen".
What must I do to be saved?Are you leaving me in the blind? I will ask again. If I am not saved by the Lord Jesus Christ, point me to somebody, anybody that is. As I said, I don't get you. If you would that my soul is saved, point me to someone other than yourself who I can talk to. If on TOL, that'd be great. If none, well, then why haven't you led one to Him yet??? Who? Who are the ones that speak truth consistently? Again, in advance, thank you. -Lon

Truster

To be saved you must repent and trust in the evangelism. You are also called to be holy.

You cannot do any of these things.

You are lost and you are doomed unless He who came to seek and to save them which are lost comes for you. Unfortunately you keep insisting that you are not lost. So why should he come?

Truster

There are many spirits at work in the world and each denomination has its spirit. “ I shall go and be a lying spirit….Go do so and you shall prosper”.

Over the years Satan has become a very proficient forger of truth. The doctrine of demons is so close to the truth it is imperceptible to all, but the elect.

The spirit at work in what is lovely termed “REFORMED” denominations is a spiteful little brute, but with good manners in a pulpit. Shirt and tie, lovely suit and by introducing just enough preaching of the law brings tears to men's eyes and causes women to swoon.
They worship the pastor and Messiah becomes another sermon with a touch of law just to liven the emotions with sorrow. Not reverent sorrow, but sorrow as the world knows sorrow.

These things I have seen and learned over the years and wherever you people congregate the world over it's the self same spirit at work. The reason Satan is so successful is simple:

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause Elohim shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:"

That lying spirit has been really busy and he was told: And Yah Veh said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.

That spirit has prevailed and prospered in the denominations and you must believe the lie.

The amazing Eternal and Almighty whom I know and serve has no need to wait until a man sins outrageously before sending judgements on a man. The Eternal can see the sin afar and institutes His justice as and when He pleases.
If for one single and solitary second you think that you will get away with what you've said and done then think again.

"Can thine heart* endure, or can thine hands be strong in the days that I shall deal with thee? I Yah Veh hath spoken it, and will do it".

heart* not the blood pump.

Truster

Those that lie about being converted and become blind guides thus leading and vexing poor souls have an end planned for them:

I also shall laugh at your calamity;
I shall deride when your dread cometh;
when your dread cometh as devastation
and your calamity cometh as a hurricane;
when tribulation and distress
cometh upon you.
Then shall they call upon Me,
but I shall not answer;
they shall seek me early,
but they shall not find me:
for that they hated knowledge,
and did not choose the awe of Yah Veh:
they willed none of my counsel:
they scorned all my reproof.

Therefore shall they eat the fruit of their own way,
and be satiated with their own counsels.
For the apostasy of the gullible
shall slaughter them,

and the serenity of fools shall destroy them.

But whoso hearkeneth unto me
shall tabernacle confidently
and shall relax from dread of evil.

Truster

Not a few think that repentance is saying a prayer, sorrowful weeping, and some regret. No doubt there is an aspect of these things that may accompany repentance. But the very word repentance is pregnant with the view of actually turning from one's sins. We know from Scripture that the unregenerate cannot turn from their sins until regenerated (Jer. 17:9; Mark 7:21-23; Eph. 2:2; Eph. 2:4-5; Titus 3:5; John 3:19; Rom. 3:10-12; 5:6; 6:16-20; Eph. 2:1,3;1 Cor. 2:14). Repentance is a fruit of the faith that comes from regeneration. Never in Scripture is repentance given a treatment that implies repentance is means to our being born-again versus the way faith is credited with the instrumentality of accomplishing one's re-birth (e.g. Eph. 2:8).

Repentance and faith are both necessary for salvation, but they are related to justification in different ways. Faith alone is the instrument by which Christ is received and rested on as Savior. Justification is by faith, not by repentance. But faith (and therefore justification) cannot exist without repentance.

Repentance is as necessary to salvation by faith as the ankle is to walking. The one does not act apart from the other. I cannot come to Christ in faith without turning from sin in repentance. As one cannot have true faith without faith yielding works, so one cannot have true faith without simultaneously having repentance. Genuine repentance is the proof of one's faith.

Because of the close association between faith and repentance in Scripture (e.g., Mark 1:15; Acts 20:21; Hebrews 6:1), when we talk about conversion in terms of the logical order of salvation, we often speak of these two as alternate sides of one coin, or some similar analogy. In general, then, repentance unto life (Acts 11:18) is the ordinary, proper, and reasonable heartfelt reflex of saving faith (Heb.10:39). The Pharisees demonstrated the exact opposite reaction (Matthew 21:32). This does not negate the historical experience of salvation, whereby we are often brought to great hatred and disgust at our own sin, and turn from it to look unto Jesus (Heb.12:2), the object of our faith.

But it is not the turning that delivers us nor the faculty of faith (nothing in man), but Christ the object of faith outside of man. Nor should we wish to deny that further acts of repentance even after we "first believed" may feel stronger than our earlier repentance. This only makes sense, as stronger faith only opens our heart's understanding further, both to the nature and corruption of sin, as well as the surpassing greatness of the Savior. This is but growth in grace.

Then God also granted repentance to life to the Gentiles” (Act 11.18). The Arminians hold that it is in our power to repent. No, we can harden our hearts, but we cannot soften them. This crown of freewill has fallen from our head. There is not only impotency in us, but obstinacy (Acts 7:51).

As Thomas Watson wrote, therefore beg God for a repentant spirit. He can make the stony heart bleed. His is a word of creative power. See here.

AMR

I read Thomas Watson years ago and the guy is not infallible.I have a copy of his book Body of Divinity handy so that I can check it occasionally. Much of what he wrote is regurgitated Puritan dogma, but then again you love that don't you.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No man is our regula fidei

No man is our regula fidei

I read Thomas Watson years ago and the guy is not infallible.
When you catch me claiming any man I have quoted as being infallible feel free to offer rebuke and correction. Until then, you are merely in violent agreement with me. :AMR:

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Corporate Assembly to Worship God

Corporate Assembly to Worship God

These things I have seen and learned over the years and wherever you people congregate the world over it's the self same spirit at work. The reason Satan is so successful is simple:

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause Elohim shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:"
Do you regularly attend corporate assembly on the Sabbath to worship God? What sort of church is it? Affiliated? Independent?

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Moral Inability of the Lost

Moral Inability of the Lost

You are lost and you are doomed unless He who came to seek and to save them which are lost comes for you. Unfortunately you keep insisting that you are not lost. So why should he come?
How do the lost call upon the name of the Lord? Are the lost morally capable of recognizing their terrible state prior to being quickened by God the Holy Spirit?

Or is this some fancy word play at work? I am quite sure I was lost, but I am no longer. That I remain an unprofitable servant is not in dispute.

AMR

Reactions: Lon

Lon

To be saved you must repent and trust in the evangelism. You are also called to be holy.

You said there are others who speak what is true that I may learn from. I already said I don't get you. Please name the individual I can talk to who are saved Christians. Any one of them. I will immediately go talk to them. Again, please, and thank you. This is my soul on the line, according to you. Am I not important? :idunno: Please, and thank you. -Lon

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who Meets Truster's Standards?

Who Meets Truster's Standards?

As of yet I haven't drawn close to any members on TOL, but a few that speak the truth consistently have come under my radar.
Who among these few that speak the truth meet your standards?

AMR

Truster

About a year after my conversion I was out on a Saturday night in Town handing out Evangelism Tracts. It was just after 11pm, the pubs were pouring out and there were many people, in various stages of drunkenness.

My eyes met with a young man in the middle of a crowd and it was as if our eyes locked. He crossed the road and asked what I was doing. I told him I was handing out gospel tracts and he asked why? I explained that I had been converted about a year ago and he asked me to explain what my experience of conversion was like.
When I’d finished speaking he explained that he’d had a similar experience and that I was the first person he’d met who could explain to him what had happened. He told me he’d been to many churches and said, “but the people in them are not like me. They didn’t understand”. I knew exactly how he felt because I was going through the same thing, but it would be another year or so before I heeded the call, “Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues”.

A truly and effectually converted man cannot stay in the denominations. The spirit at work in them will be poison to his soul. The irreverence he see’s will cause his heart to bleed. This is not a call to come out, but reassurance for those that have. You’ll be shunned, accused and protests will ring in your ears. But, you’ll know a peace that you would die for and that your accusers will never know.

Lon

I also shall laugh at your calamity;
they willed none of my counsel:
they scorned all my reproof.

Therefore shall they eat the fruit of their own way,
and be satiated with their own counsels.
For the apostasy of the gullible
shall slaughter them,

and the serenity of fools shall destroy them.

But whoso hearkeneth unto me
shall tabernacle confidently
and shall relax from dread of evil.
:nono: You are NOT that prophet nor am I that Prophet's intended audience. Is it a coincidence that you have placed in yourself the red letters?

I asked you to point me toward salvation. As I had thought, you are an accuser. You have no desire to see anyone come. You want it to be just you and Jesus and nobody else? That is where you are headed :( Read ▲what▲ you wrote. What is wrong with your soul? Have you become a Jew who hates? Even Jeremiah could not and would not have written this to those in Christ. He never would. He didn't write it to Israel either. Nor false teachers. Look at the context, he wrote it to false prophets alone.

To be saved you must repent and trust in the evangelism.

You are also called to be holy.

Who is it that is listening to my prayers? Who healed that last person? Who met the other's needs? The Lord Jesus Christ IMMEDIATELY discussed the unpardonable sin of calling what is 'holy' evil. He said that Satan is NEVER against Satan.

Whatever Reformed you've come across in your life, I am not "him." You cannot conveniently bin me into the fire NOR did the Lord Jesus Christ appoint you the gate keeper. He alone is the gate-keeper and you are remise in your duties to be a faithful waterer and sower and not stand in the way of His increase. You are such a condemning busy-body that you are working AGAINST the kingdom instead of paying attention to His heart and Soul. HE came to seek and save the lost. You? You are seeking and to condemn. I have an accuser in Satan. He nor I need you for that job. Your heart is scarred to come up with delight in the peril of the enemy from the OT. They were NOT your or my enemies, nor enemies to the cross. You have Judaized yourself. Paul said it was anathema to us gentiles in Galatians. When is the last time you read Galatians?

Why do you take delight in the perishing of others? 2 Peter 3:9 Ezekiel 18:32; 33:11 Luke 19:10

Your partial knowledge of scriptures is ruining you, Truster -Lon

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Stand for Something or Fall for Everything

Stand for Something or Fall for Everything

There are many spirits at work in the world and each denomination has its spirit.
Not a day passes when someone somewhere declares himself to be beyond categorization, for they swell themselves up with pride thinking they stand where no other has come before them.

The plain fact of the matter is that whenever a man begins to state or write something about what they hold dear, they have begun the path towards a label of some sort. One need only engage further, and if they answer honestly, what will emerge is a category of beliefs that has a label attached to it. After all, who denies the label, Christian, other than the non-believer? Within that broad label lie many a system of beliefs, if one is informed about theological matters of doctrine, that when explicated in the light of day will inevitably fit into more specific labels. This is but a means for the like minded to communicate effectively. I realize that some make these labels hills to die upon, but they are simply over eager or uninformed. Instead, these tidy labels enable discussion, especially theological discussion, to move forward efficiently.

The man who denies he can be labeled once his beliefs are laid out in the light of the day, is a man who is either unaware of that which he holds dear or is bound over by self-righteousness.

AMR

Truster

How do the lost call upon the name of the Lord? Are the lost morally capable of recognizing their terrible state prior to being quickened by God the Holy Spirit?

Or is this some fancy word play at work? I am quite sure I was lost, but I am no longer. That I remain an unprofitable servant is not in dispute.

AMR

The self same spirit who moves in a man to pray, when he knows not what to pray for, cries out. Not the man.
When that cry comes out of a man he knows its not him because it comes from a depth he didn't realise he had. It seems to start in his toes and travels straight through him like an arrow until he hears the cry himself. O my God help me.

The "my" is possessive. Any calls in the past have been O God help me...without the help of the Spirit. Ineffectual noise.