Is your Faith in the Bible or in God

john w

Hall of Fame
Another one who has a deaf an dumb Christ within, and doesn't even understand the mystery of his own Apostle who taught the heart is the spiritual scroll not dead letters in a book, ole john still sucking on Hagar's test.

Sent from my A462C using TheologyOnline mobile app

a deaf an dumb

Thanks for checkin' in, you drugged up junkie, and another mystic, who worships his own mind/feelings. Weighty.. You're not even in my league, so ride the pine, loser, and take your seat.

Can you dig it? Good. Now-sit.

john w

Hall of Fame
If that caused a feeling within me I certainly wouldn't ignore or suppress it.

Are you anti-emotions? Do you get any emotions?
I didn't for a few years, coincidentally (not) my life was going down hill fast!

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Slower:

You would have no objective knowledge, of "God," w/o the book by which He is revealed-NADA.How did you come to the true knowledge of "God?" Did He tap you on the shoulder, or appear to you in a dream, vision? That is called subjectivity, mysticism.

No, what the bible says, God says-scripture makes no distinction-survey:

Romans 9:17 KJV For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

Exodus 9 KJV
1 Then the Lord said unto Moses,..........

16 And in very deed for this cause have I raised thee up, for to shew in thee my power; and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth.

Thus,what scripture saith, the LORD God saith.

EOT.CLOSED.DOA. LOCK DOWN. RIP.

Anyone, to you: God is Sponge Bob.

You: Whatever your feelings say!!!!! Far out!!!

It is called subjectivity, budhism, mysticism, as you can "prove" anything you want.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
a deaf an dumb

Thanks for checkin' in, you drugged up junkie, and another mystic, who worships his own mind/feelings. Weighty.. You're not even in my league, so ride the pine, loser, and take your seat.

Sorry Zeke, my last comment, 'should take a look at yourself' was meant for this guy.

Incredibly Confident

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
Slower:

You would have no objective knowledge, of "God," w/o the book by which He is revealed-NADA.How did you come to the true knowledge of "God?" Did He tap you on the shoulder, or appear to you in a dream, vision? That is called subjectivity, mysticism.

No, what the bible says, God says-scripture makes no distinction-survey:

Romans 9:17 KJV For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

Exodus 9 KJV
1 Then the Lord said unto Moses,..........

16 And in very deed for this cause have I raised thee up, for to shew in thee my power; and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth.

Thus,what scripture saith, the LORD God saith.

EOT.CLOSED.DOA. LOCK DOWN. RIP.

Anyone, to you: God is Sponge Bob.

You: Whatever your feelings say!!!!! Far out!!!

It is called subjectivity, budhism, mysticism, as you can "prove" anything you want.

Ok so God had used scripture for that purpose and likely many others. God is omnipotent and uses multiple methods to bring people to the Truth.

Like Our logic and Our conscience.
Like Our own lives, the results of decisions we made.
Noticing the effect our belief system has on our lives.
I could go on.

Buddhism is a religion without God, not for me.

Mysticism; all about Mystery? Plenty of that.

Prove what you want - I want Truth.

God came to me again and I wasn't too afraid to reject HimHer.

Robert Pate

Banned
The Bible is a witness to Christ and his Gospel. Just as the apostles were witnesses to Jesus Christ and his Gospel. If you don't believe the witnesses then there is no sense in believing what has been written. Faith in the scriptures leads to faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
The Bible is a witness to Christ and his Gospel. Just as the apostles were witnesses to Jesus Christ and his Gospel. If you don't believe the witnesses then there is no sense in believing what has been written. Faith in the scriptures leads to faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ.

It's not like I think it is all made up. I do believe that sections have been added to the OT in order to confuse Truth. I did wonder if Paul was part of a Roman conspiracy am starting to think that is wrong.

Always question, isn't that how we learn?

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
Peter, kill and eat. Not so Lord!

Why would Peter need to be told about accepting gentiles, in light of the Great Commission?

Thank you and others for standing up for Paul. I read acts in a new light and I can see why Paul was chosen. (Perhaps I had been anti-Paul for my namesake ;)

Reading through Romans now, he is ranting like any one of us could do and when we get warmed up can get prophetic.

Nick M, here is the question.

Where did it go wrong? Surely it wasn't their expectation at the time that it would be anything like 2000 years before sin was rejected and righteousness reigned.

Was it in acts 19:13:
Acts 19:13-17New International Version (NIV)

13 Some Jews who went around driving out evil spirits tried to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who were demon-possessed. They would say, “In the name of the Jesus whom Paul preaches, I command you to come out.” 14 Seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this. 15 One day the evil spirit answered them, “Jesus I know, and Paul I know about, but who are you?” 16 Then the man who had the evil spirit jumped on them and overpowered them all. He gave them such a beating that they ran out of the house naked and bleeding.

Did it go wrong because they didn't know Yeshua (Jesus) ?

Also in acts Paul states he saw a lame man who looked like he had the faith so he healed him.

Yeshua's presence on earth had to be intrinsic to the 'feelings' in the people that gave them the faith to work miracles. A lame man seeing Paul would have felt the strength of his belief - Faith must beget more faith :)

This is how we can build the kingdom on earth, no?

Zeke

a deaf an dumb

Time to get weaned from that Hagar dogma john boy, and you have one thing right I am not in you're milk drinking club any longer.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Where did it go wrong? Surely it wasn't their expectation at the time that it would be anything like 2000 years before sin was rejected and righteousness reigned.

Yes. It is in Acts. That book is about the fall of Israel and the raising up of gentiles. Some say the stoning of Stephen. Some might say Acts 13 specifically.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
Yes. It is in Acts. That book is about the fall of Israel and the raising up of gentiles. Some say the stoning of Stephen. Some might say Acts 13 specifically.

I just read this which agrees with you:
John 12:
35 Then Jesus told them, “You are going to have the light just a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, before darkness overtakes you. Whoever walks in the dark does not know where they are going. 36 Believe in the light while you have the light, so that you may become children of light.” When he had finished speaking, Jesus left and hid himself from them.

Saxon Hammer

I just read this which agrees with you:
John 12:
35 Then Jesus told them, “You are going to have the light just a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, before darkness overtakes you. Whoever walks in the dark does not know where they are going. 36 Believe in the light while you have the light, so that you may become children of light.” When he had finished speaking, Jesus left and hid himself from them.

'Believe in the light while you have the light, so that you may become children of light'

If our children never stopped believing in the light then they would once again become children of the light. Therefore: 'from the light in the light too the light' of course we all sin as animals must on the way to adulthood.

john w

Hall of Fame
Ok so God had used scripture for that purpose and likely many others. God is omnipotent and uses multiple methods to bring people to the Truth.

Like Our logic and Our conscience.
Like Our own lives, the results of decisions we made.
Noticing the effect our belief system has on our lives.
I could go on.

Buddhism is a religion without God, not for me.

Mysticism; all about Mystery? Plenty of that.

Prove what you want - I want Truth.

God came to me again and I wasn't too afraid to reject HimHer.

Translated: Mysticism, budhism, subjectivity.

Slower:

Anyone to you: Logic and my conscience, my own life, the results of decisions I make, noticing the effect my belief system has on lives, tells me God has 14 wives, om planet Saturn, and there is more than one way to him!!!!!!!!

You: Right on!!!!!!!!

Not a peep.

Sit, you fraud.

john w

Hall of Fame
Time to get weaned from that Hagar dogma john boy, and you have one thing right I am not in you're milk drinking club any longer.

Johnny boy, eh, tough guy? You wouldn't say that to my, or anyone's face, would you, punk? I thought so, you ugly junkie. Quite brave of you, insecure, little punk. I shudder,.....Weighty, pot head. You're a real barbiturate, downer, "man."