Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul didn't write Hebrews, nothing about that book even sounds like Paul.

The author of Hebrews was referring to Jesus having come to the lost sheep of Israel, and His ministry as High Priest. He was their "Apostle", just as Moses was.

Correct!

2Th 3:17 The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every epistle: so I write.

Rom 1:1 From Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ,

Paul identifies himself in every letter he writes.....all 13 of them.

What's missing from Hebrews? Paul.

Danoh

Correct!

2Th 3:17 The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every epistle: so I write.

Yep. :thumb:

glorydaz

You do not know that Paul did not write Hebrews. It sounds like Paul to me. Give me the scripture that says Moses was called an Apostle. Jesus is my Apostle and High Priest. The scripture calls Jesus an an Apostle and you went against that and called it a demotion. Jesus is the Savior of the world, so you cannot say that is what he is to you, as if that is not who he is to the Hebrews.
A High Priest takes care of sins. That is what Jesus does.

Paul never called Jesus our Apostle. You claim Jesus is your Apostle and High Priest, but you aren't Hebrew, are you? Perhaps this comes from your belief that your obedience is a sacrifice you offer daily in the temple.

I'll ask again...if Jesus was your Apostle, why was He sent only to the lost sheep of Israel?
He was sent to them...He was a "missionary" to them.

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Why do you think Moses was being compared with Christ in the very text you cited?

Hebrews 3:1-5
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus; Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house. For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house. For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God. And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;​

God's Truth

Two people giving verses and explanations does nothing if the points raised are not addressed and merely brushed over. You list verses and give Looney tunes explanations and declare victory. I can do the same as you. That would be insane.

PS

I did not insult you at all there.

You can't help yourself can you.

God's Truth

Correct!

It is all from Jesus.

God's Truth

Paul never called Jesus our Apostle. You claim Jesus is your Apostle and High Priest, but you aren't Hebrew, are you? Perhaps this comes from your belief that your obedience is a sacrifice you offer daily in the temple.
Give the scripture that say your obedience is a sacrifice you offer daily in the earthly temple.
I do know Christians are to offer their bodies as a living sacrifice.

Romans 12:1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God--this is your true and proper worship.

Are you going to do what Paul says?
I'll ask again...if Jesus was your Apostle, why was He sent only to the lost sheep of Israel?
He was sent to them...He was a "missionary" to them.
Why wouldn't Jesus come first to a holy people, a holy people who were already God's, a holy people who waited for him for thousands of years?

John the baptizer came and prepared the way for Jesus and the people had to repent of their sins before he would come.
Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Why do you think Moses was being compared with Christ in the very text you cited?

Hebrews 3:1-5
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus; Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house. For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house. For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God. And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;​

That is about Jesus being greater than Moses. Since you bring up Moses and try to divide Christ between Jews and Gentiles, even though Jesus' body makes the two men one...Paul says what happened to those in the desert were a warning to EVEN the believing GENTIES.

1 Corinthians 10:11 These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have not confidence in myself.
AMEN!
153707i8835250CE3E4DF75

Status
Not open for further replies.