Conversion.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Double-Mindedness

Double-Mindedness

The gathering of the self-justifying "Reformed" is taking place.

Helmet of salvation.... check. Shield of trust... check, belt of truth...check. Take a few of ignore? nah, why bother. Same old, same old, spirit of Cain.
You will note that I did not raise up the matter that you had placed myself and Lon on ignore yet you continue to respond. I just winked at your usual boisterousness and let it pass. Those I have on ignore I really do ignore. So if you are going to toss that tool about try not to hurt yourself with it in the future.

AMR

Truster

Well, we will just whisper about these labels behind your back, Truster.

You claim all who disagree with you lost, hell-bound, and sin-bent.
You claim a Reformed person like myself holds all others in contempt and condemnation, evidence to the contrary notwithstanding.

Does any of the irony of your prior strident statements strike you as a wee bit odd?

Why are you exempt from that which you are caviling against? :idunno:

AMR

Whisper behind my back? As you whisper in the face of the Eternal. You poor, poor sad man.

"being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips".

This whispering is the working of the evil lying spirit in "Reformed" denominations. It does and always has disgusted me.

All who hate me whisper together against me; Against me they devise my hurt, saying,

Truster

You will note that I did not raise up the matter that you had placed myself and Lon on ignore yet you continue to respond. I just winked at your usual boisterousness and let it pass. Those I have on ignore I really do ignore. So if you are going to toss that tool about try not to hurt yourself with it in the future.

AMR

I took everyone off ignore as a matter of forgiveness. Don't think for a moment you have any special treatment. Lon is back on ignore as is the Nag. I have nobody to whisper with so I'll take my concerns in prayer to where they'll be heard.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A Rose by Any Other Name

A Rose by Any Other Name

Whisper behind my back? As you whisper in the face of the Eternal. You poor, poor sad man.

"being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips".

This whispering is the working of the evil lying spirit in "Reformed" denominations. It does and always has disgusted me.

All who hate me whisper together against me; Against me they devise my hurt, saying,
The hour is late in Wales. Perhaps you need to call it a night. Cloaking yourself in robes of persecution is unbecoming.

That you are clearly Calvinistic in your views has not escaped anyone's notice. That you do not like the label is duly noted. I really do not like it myself, but it is not worth the time and effort to hide behind chimeras of our own making. The label sets a baseline of sorts so discussions need not be taken up explaining things the like-minded already affirm to a degree.

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Beware the Disprespectful

Beware the Disprespectful

I took everyone off ignore as a matter of forgiveness. Don't think for a moment you have any special treatment. Lon is back on ignore as is the Nag. I have nobody to whisper with so I'll take my concerns in prayer to where they'll be heard.
That you refer to an older woman, Nang, with a pejorative hints at some personality defects. Try not to do that when conversing with me. I accorded you the request to refer to God in your preferred Elohim. Do me the courtesy of not disparaging others that are owed more than a modicum of respect, if for no other reason, than their advanced age. If you cannot do so, then please refrain from even mentioning any of my beloved sisters at all and avoid the many duties of the ninth commandment you are traversing.

AMR

Lon

The gathering of the self-justifying "Reformed" is taking place.

Helmet of salvation.... check. Shield of trust... check, belt of truth...check. Take a few of ignore? nah, why bother. Same old, same old, spirit of Cain.

:doh: He nor I questioned your salvation. You really need to have your glasses checked. YOU are the one doing that THEN assuming you are getting it back at you. :dizzy: You NEED to grow up, Truster. (it is okay to have to grow up, nobody is telling you, that Jesus doesn't love you or that you lose salvation over being immature). -Lon

:doh: YOU are the sad man. He wasn't talking about whispering things mean, just what you believe. By your own words, you are accused, and often on TOL, of being Reformed. That is 'whisper' number one, and not even from us. Is that whisper 'wicked?' :nono: It is just and simply what people think.

People whisper that you are a sacred namer. Whether you want to be thought of that way or not, it is what is said about you, and again, by your own words.

Now listen a moment: The ONLY thing AMR wanted you to get from 'whispers' was that as much as you don't want a label, you ALREADY have more than one and they stick. That is ALL he was saying. Try not to be such a child that you run to the OT prophets every time you feel hurt. You are so easily hurt you can't help yourself. Rather stand a LOT more firm in Christ and you won't emote first, ask questions later. Note: I have NEVER worried about you calling me names. I really don't care. I care what our Lord Jesus Christ thinks of me. I will be exactly where He wants me to be. You can't do a thing about that. It has absolutely nothing to do with you, so I don't really listen to your pronouncements against me. Whether I stand or fall, I will at His bidding. If He desires that I stand, I will stand. You have no say in the matter.

Truster

The hour is late in Wales. Perhaps you need to call it a night. Cloaking yourself in robes of persecution is unbecoming.

That you are clearly Calvinistic in your views has not escaped anyone's notice. That you do not like the label is duly noted. I really do not like it myself, but it is not worth the time and effort to hide behind chimeras of our own making. The label sets a baseline of sorts so discussions need not be taken up explaining things the like-minded already affirm to a degree.

AMR

Why not go all the way and call me Augustinian? He taught the doctrines of grace long before calvin. Or accuse me of being a follower of Paul, he didn't set the doctrines of grace in order, but he taught them.

How do you speak for "anyone" when you say notice. Are you omnipresent and omniscient as well as "REFORMED".

Well if nothing else this little event has brought your evil inclinations to the surface. It will act as a warning to anyone who might be tempted to pay you for Biblical teaching.

Truster

That you refer to an older woman, Nang, with a pejorative hints at some personality defects. Try not to do that when conversing with me. I accorded you the request to refer to God in your preferred Elohim. Do me the courtesy of not disparaging others that are owed more than a modicum of respect, if for no other reason, than their advanced age. If you cannot do so, then please refrain from even mentioning any of my beloved sisters at all and avoid the many duties of the ninth commandment you are traversing.

AMR

Commandments? O yes I forgot that you are still under law. Here's the deal. Nag as in a woman who nag's at a man. Not a horse. The day she stops nagging is the day I stop calling her a nag.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Augustine Predates Calvin

Augustine Predates Calvin

Why not go all the way and call me Augustinian? He taught the doctrines of grace long before calvin. Or accuse me of being a follower of Paul, he didn't set the doctrines of grace in order, but he taught them.

How do you speak for "anyone" when you say notice. Are you omnipresent and omniscient as well as "REFORMED".

Well if nothing else this little event has brought your evil inclinations to the surface. It will act as a warning to anyone who might be tempted to pay you for Biblical teaching.
Those are all very fine descriptors. I merely chose a convenient and contemporary understood one. The whole Augustine and Paul bits usually follow the discussion that assumes Calvin invented all the doctrines of grace, as the uninformed use of that canard usually assume.

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Commandments? O yes I forgot that you are still under law. Here's the deal. Nag as in a woman who nag's at a man. Not a horse. The day she stops nagging is the day I stop calling her a nag.
How old are you?

AMR

Truster

Those are all very fine descriptors. I merely chose a convenient and contemporary understood one. The whole Augustine and Paul bits usually follow the discussion that assumes Calvin invented all the doctrines of grace, as the uninformed use of that canard usually assume.

AMR

I have no time for assumptions and you have used a few tonight.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Moral Duties of the Law

The Moral Duties of the Law

Commandments? O yes I forgot that you are still under law.
So you think the moral obligations of the Law have been abrogated? That Our Lord distilled them into love of neighbor and love of God in no way means that distillation implies these commandments are no longer a moral obligation. The word "love" used by Our Lord subsumes all that is written more perspicously in the two tables of the Law. If you do not understand that to be Our Lord's meaning, you have not been listening nor studying well, for Our Lord offered up a perfect summary of the Law by His own words.

AMR

glorydaz

AMR

I'm sorry, AMR. That is probably my fault for calling her "Nag". It wasn't referring to her age, but to an old thread where I was comparing her to the female snake in Rikki Tikki Tavi. I had actually put the "ina" on the end of it, but she took that as something else, too.

I brought it up again in another thread, to remind her we could go there if she kept being so accusatory.

I shouldn't have, since it's been taken wrong again, and she won't stop anyway. :idunno:

Truster

So you think the moral obligations of the Law have been abrogated? That Our Lord distilled them into love of neighbor and love of God in no way means that distillation implies these commandments are no longer a moral obligation. The word "love" used by Our Lord subsumes all that is written more perspicously in the two tables of the Law. If you do not understand that to be Our Lord's meaning, you have not been listening nor studying well, for Our Lord offered up a perfect summary of the Law by His own words.

AMR

Putting words into my mouth yet again. The law is for the wicked not the just. Before you call me antinomian I must warn you it would be the greatest compliment I could be paid. That is exactly what they accused Messiah of being when He healed on the sabbath and allowed his disciples to collect the seeds.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
61 I was converted at the age of 43, 6,492 days ago.
You are my junior by a few years and many by Nang's. Much too old to be speaking of older women in the manner you have, no matter what the disagreement may be. Women are our Mothers. Let's not shame ourselves or them by our behaviors towards them. Let's not speak of it again.

AMR

Truster

You are my junior by a few years and many by Nang's. Much too old to be speaking of older women in the manner you have, no matter what the disagreement may be. Women are our Mothers. Let's not shame ourselves by our behaviors towards them. Let's not speak of it again.

AMR

No deal on that one.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Law is Not Abrogated

The Law is Not Abrogated

Putting words into my mouth yet again. The law is for the wicked not the just. Before you call me antinomian I must warn you it would be the greatest compliment I could be paid. That is exactly what they accused Messiah of being when He healed on the sabbath and allowed his disciples to collect the seeds.
If you think the example from Holy Writ you use to bolster your view is on topic with your erroneous view, you need to get back to the Book. The Lord of the Sabbath was speaking and teaching therein. You have missed the entire point.

I put no words in your mouth, for out of your own mouth has proceeded what I have accurately discerned. We are all wicked people, daily making idols in our minds, but for the grace of Elohim we would all be consigned to our just punishments.

If Elohim is holy and just, then the Law of Elohim must be part of His nature. That is to say, we ought not to think of the His Law as some abstract set of random principles. Rather, the law is part of who Elohim is. Or, we might say, the Law of Elohim originates in the ‘mind’ of Elohim. Thus, in the Garden of Eden, He gave Adam a law, as a covenant of works, requiring of him personal and perpetual obedience (Genesis 2:16-17). This law which was given to Adam, continues to be written on man’s heart – even since the Fall – and continues to be binding on all human beings who are created in Elohim's image (Romans 2:14-15). Thus, Our Lord summarized the Law of Elohim with the great and foremost commandment to love Him, and the second greatest commandment to love one’s neighbor (Matthew 22:37-40). These moral laws are summarily comprehended in the ten commandments.

No one here is implying some salvific merit is attached to these moral laws. Rather they serve civil righteousness in restraint of sin (Romans 2:14-15), tutor us by driving us to see our need for the Lord (Romans 8:3-4; Galatians 3:23-24), and teach us the rules of holy living (1 Corinthians 7:19; Romans 7:12, 22, 25).

AMR