Comment on Baptist

CherubRam

Today I went to visit a Baptist Church. I was pleased to find that they have a Saturday service, and also, they do not require you to believe God is a Trinity. That was a surprise. Baptist can be very stubborn. I think I may start attending there.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Today I went to visit a Baptist Church. I was pleased to find that they have a Saturday service, and also, they do not require you to believe God is a Trinity. That was a surprise. Baptist can be very stubborn. I think I may start attending there.

wow, that is surprise!:)

thank you for sharing.

CherubRam

wow, that is surprise!:)

thank you for sharing.

Yes, I was very pleased. I suspect though that they are mixed on that doctrine. In other words, believing, or not believing God is a Trinity; it is not something that gets you in, or keeps you out of Heaven. Never the less I think it is a step in the right direction.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes, I was very pleased. I suspect though that they are mixed on that doctrine. In other words, believing, or not believing God is a Trinity; it is not something that gets you in, or keeps you out of Heaven. Never the less I think it is a step in the right direction.

That's right.

the important thing is that we know Jesus is the Lord and Savior of the world.

It is evil to say if you don't believe the trinity you are non-believer, cult or unsaved.

CherubRam

That's right.

the important thing is that we know Jesus is the Lord and Savior of the world.

It is evil to say if you don't believe the trinity you are non-believer, cult or unsaved.

Anyway, Trinitarianism is a Catholic doctrine. It was not an original Christian teaching.

balut55

Today I went to visit a Baptist Church. I was pleased to find that they have a Saturday service, and also, they do not require you to believe God is a Trinity. That was a surprise. Baptist can be very stubborn. I think I may start attending there. [/

I would go to Baptist church if I was to go to church. Do they teach that we are close to tribulations in these times?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

meshak

BANNED
Banned

Yes, but the Seventh Day Adventist and Baptist are normally Trinitarian. It is my understanding that the Adventist were originally Non-Trinitarian. As the Baptist coming into the Adventist Congregation took over the leadership, they changed to Trinitarian.

Sad thing is that SDA was anti-military too, now they are trinity believers. they are going down instead of up.

jsanford108

Anyway, Trinitarianism is a Catholic doctrine. It was not an original Christian teaching.

Not to be "that guys," but this is quite untrue. The idea of the trinity was established long ago. The Gnostics, who did not appear until the second century, were their first to question this teaching. The immediate title of "heretics" was applied to them. This demonstrates, historically, that the Trinity was a prevalent belief, and held by Christians at the time. Granted, the Christians of the time were Catholic, but that still debunks that it was "not an original Christian teaching."

CherubRam

Not to be "that guys," but this is quite untrue. The idea of the trinity was established long ago. The Gnostics, who did not appear until the second century, were their first to question this teaching. The immediate title of "heretics" was applied to them. This demonstrates, historically, that the Trinity was a prevalent belief, and held by Christians at the time. Granted, the Christians of the time were Catholic, but that still debunks that it was "not an original Christian teaching."
That is only half correct. The Gnostic's were divided over accepting Christianity, and then again over introducing Trinitarianism into Christianity. Before accepting Christianity all Gnostic's were Trinitarians. The original Christians followed Judaism which rejects a Trinitarian notion about God being a Trinity. That is what the real truth is.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is only half correct. The Gnostic's were divided over accepting Christianity, and then again over introducing Trinitarianism into Christianity. Before accepting Christianity all Gnostic's were Trinitarians. The original Christians followed Judaism which rejects a Trinitarian notion about God being a Trinity. That is what the real truth is.
The apostles accepted the Trinity. Do you?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you would only take responsibility for your self and get a study bible,then you would see that those scriptures were added to the bible. The Catholics canonized the bible.

Which scriptures? If I have not studied them, I will be glad to study them.

CherubRam

Which scriptures? If I have not studied them, I will be glad to study them.
NIV is the best study bible, and the Holman study bible is also very good. Pay close attention to the foot notes. And besides that, the translators often take liberties with the translations of scriptures.