Marijuana

erinmarie

Originally posted by LivingDeadDoll

i am precautious and no i am not afraid of getting caught since technically the government and the DEA both know we do it.
(don't ask i can't tell)

not in my state

i did breastfeed, but of course i did not smoke during or when i was pregnant. Actually i had all my children all naturally because i do not agree with the medications they give you being safe for the babies.

You sound crazy to me! The "government" knows about your illegal drug use? Does Fox Mulder take turns driving while you and your husband scout the skies for UFO's? Did you have the implant removed from the back of your head so the aliens and bounty hunters can't find you?!?!?!?!??

Do you co-sleep with your children?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
OK, I have heard enough. It comes down to just a couple specific points.

1. You are taking unecessary risks being in a moving automobile driven by a person who is high and who has an illegal substance on his person. If you get in an accident or get arrested, it will certainly have a negative impact on your children. Is it really worth the risk?

2. Whether or not you believe it, your children will find out that you get high and will likely become drug users themselves.

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Originally posted by Poly

You're really sinking yourself bigtime, LDD. Compare the following things you said.

Ok, so you don't drive but you let your husband drive even though he has all these terrible symptoms of MS of which you said were always worse for him at night.

So who drives you when you need a puff or two to help your physical situation?

my husbands symptoms are not constant, they come and go very swiftly, and yes they are worse at night, and if he can't drive we don't go. maybe you should research this desease a little before you go making accusations that i am "sinking myself" in anything. The only time i really get an opportunity to help myself medically with it is at night, occasionally in the day when the kids are in school. As i said before, why do you waste your time with these petty little points, what are you trying to catch me on? You can by no means change my mind about what i am doing and you really don't have any information to offer up on your own for why i shouldn;'t do what i am doing that's why you are trying so hard to catch me in an indiscrepancy. You have no leg to stand on here.
So if you want to keep trying feel free but i think you just sound bitter.

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Originally posted by erinmarie

You sound crazy to me! The "government" knows about your illegal drug use? Does Fox Mulder take turns driving while you and your husband scout the skies for UFO's? Did you have the implant removed from the back of your head so the aliens and bounty hunters can't find you?!?!?!?!??

Do you co-sleep with your children?

well the government part i can elaborate on if you so wish, and no, why do you ask?

erinmarie

Co-Sleeping is dangerous if the parent is under the influence. A lot of mothers I know that breast fed co-sleep as well.

Elaborate all you want...

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
why does the government know we smoke weed? because my husband was asked to come to the white house and have dinner with the president and discuss and even take part in the legalization of marijauana that is why. I have no scanner to show you the documents that would be my only proof. And why didn't he go? because i was just about to have our new baby and then the hurricane came and he is the one fixing our house that we have to sell before the first of the year so he did not have time. However they have called him several times about the matter and he has spoken with a congressman over the phone a few times on the matter. Why did this some about, as i have said before my husband is very intelligent, he has won many outstanding awards and he has written many letters , one of those letters was to the white house about legalization of marijuana. ( at the time he was in a wheelchair and was pushing hard for medicinal legalization because of his disease) Now that you have the explanation it doesn't seem so crazy does it. A well spoken man in a wheelchair wrote a letter about a cause and was asked to speak about it, they are aware of what we do because of the letter. simple as that

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

my husbands symptoms are not constant, they come and go very swiftly, and yes they are worse at night, and if he can't drive we don't go.
I thought you said husband smoked to alleviate his MS symptoms. Now you're saying that you two only go to get high when he isn't having symptoms?

What happens when the symptoms "come swiftly" while he's driving at night, when they are most likely to do so?

Sozo

I can't believe I just read through this thread. :(

I can't believe that there are people out there who are so self-centered that they put their own interests above their childrens.

:nono:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
In case this got missed:

1. You are taking unecessary risks being in a moving automobile driven by a person who is high and who has an illegal substance on his person. If you get in an accident or get arrested, it will certainly have a negative impact on your children. Is it really worth the risk?

2. Whether or not you believe it, your children will find out that you get high and will likely become drug users themselves.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Sozo

I can't believe that there are people out there who are so self-centered that they put their own interests above their childrens.

Exactly!

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Originally posted by BillyBob

on point #1, you are right , maybe i shall seek to change this part

on point #2 that is your opinion and not a fact and let's keep in mind, you say "drug users" meaning all drugs, we are only talking about marijuana here.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

my husbands symptoms are not constant, they come and go very swiftly, and yes they are worse at night, and if he can't drive we don't go.

So when your husband is at his worst then it would stand to reason that he would supposedly need it more but since he's too bad to drive you guys just sit at home instead.

maybe you should research this desease a little before you go making accusations that i am "sinking myself" in anything.

I've never denied how bad MS can be. The reason I said you're sinking yourself is because you're lying about your drug use.

The only time i really get an opportunity to help myself medically with it is at night, occasionally in the day when the kids are in school.
Not all of your kids are in school. I saw the picture of your precious little baby in the gallery. It doesn't bother you to smoke it around him?

As i said before, why do you waste your time with these petty little points, what are you trying to catch me on?
It's not a waste when others can see how easy it is to spot a liar and how drugs can cause the conscience to become so seared that you think only of yourself and you don't give it a second thought to lie about what you're doing.

You can by no means change my mind about what i am doing
I don't doubt this for a minute.

and you really don't have any information to offer up on your own for why i shouldn;'t do what i am doing that's why you are trying so hard to catch me in an indiscrepancy.

Trying hard? It's as easy as breathing.

but i think you just sound bitter.

Absolutely no arguments there. I know of too many people personally who have messed up the lives of others in their drug use and that includes pot. So when I see those sweet kids in the gallery and know that they are out there having to deal with what you're putting them through, then you better believe that makes me bitter.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

on point #1, you are right , maybe i shall seek to change this part

Good for You!!!!!! :up:

on point #2 that is your opinion and not a fact and let's keep in mind, you say "drug users" meaning all drugs, we are only talking about marijuana here.

It is a fact that children emulate their parents.

erinmarie

But that won't stop you from being arrested for posession of marijuana! No matter how smart or nice you are, if you get pulled over smoking weed, or a police officer finds it on your person, you're in big trouble!

I mean I freak out because my husband hasn't taken our car in for inspection this year yet!!! And that would just be a small fine.

Just because they know you believe in the legalization of marijauna, doesn't mean they won't bust you, and then take your kids away.
It's happened before, it will happen again, it could happen to you.

Maybe you should borrow some of your husband's vast intellectual resources before you post another inane response!

Granite

Hall of Fame

In case this got missed:

On the other hand they may be turned off by the stuff and make up their own minds about it. Anything's possible.

As far as driving whilst high, incredibly stupid idea. And carrying it WITH you is just asking for trouble, and I think the stuff should be legal. There's no reason to take unnecessary risks when you have kids.:nono:

Granite

Hall of Fame
"I know of too many people personally who have messed up the lives of others in their drug use and that includes pot. So when I see those sweet kids in the gallery and know that they are out there having to deal with what you're putting them through, then you better believe that makes me bitter."

But Poly, some people can handle it and others cannot. For all the horror stories we hear, a headline like "Man Smokes Joint--Sleeps Soundly" or "Woman, Pot Smoker For 30 Years, Never Screwed Up Life" doesn't make for good press. The bad news is always what sticks with us.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by granite1010

On the other hand they may be turned off by the stuff and make up their own minds about it. Anything's possible.

Yes, that is quite possible, but is it worth the risk?

As far as driving whilst high, incredibly stupid idea. And carrying it WITH you is just asking for trouble. There's no reason to take unnecessary risks when you have kids.:nono:

I think we have a consensus on this point, even LDD is begining to see it.

Thia

It is a fact that children emulate their parents.

Does this also mean that men who beat their kids and serve jail time will raise their kids to beat their kids, and on and on and on? Or will men who commit adultery have sons who will commit adultery too? Just a sociological question....

Sozo

Originally posted by Thia

Does this also mean that men who beat their kids and serve jail time will raise their kids to beat their kids, and on and on and on? Or will men who commit adultery have sons who will commit adultery too? Just a sociological question....
I'd say it depends more on whether or not they approve or disaprove of their own behavior. There is no absolute in those situations. Sometimes kids simply grow up to despise their parents and want nothing to do with their same habits.

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Originally posted by Sozo

i have taken EVERY precaution i can think of to keep this away from my children so what are you getting so worked up over?
It isn't like i'm doing lines of coke off of my chidrens toys here, and does anyone recall the start of this discussion where we all pretty much agreed that nothing in the bible says it is wrong, that God gave us all seed bearing plants for our use? You cannot base your assumption that i am self centered soley on this one matter. I think this discussion has gotten away form the topic and now people are attacking others personally.

CALLING NAMES, JUDGING OTHERS, MAKING ACCUSATIONS!
i thought a lot of the people here were christians!

yes i smoke marijuana, i do not do it around my children or any other children, i do not do it all day every day, i do not abuse it nor do i put it before anything else. Atleast if i am going to do it i am not being careless. How many of you have had ONE drink and then drove becasue you deduced that you would not be impaired to do so? Well then how can you say smoking pot is any different? You can't. And the fact that they are even considering lagalizing it shuold let you know that there must be some good points to it, you don't see them pushing to leagalize heroin do you? NO, because it's different. AND if anyone wants to try and tell me that i am wrong for making use of a seed bearing plant that GOd made and put on this earth then YOU are the one that is wrong. I feel sorry for the ones who have fallen into the ideals that society or the government has pushed onto them for whatever reason and have falen away form even trying to decide between themselves and God if something is right. What is it too hard for people these days to gather FACTS and talk to God and make decisions that way instead of just doing what the laws of these days tell you. The laws today also make it acceptabe to sell firearms to terrorists and make it to where a man does not have to go to jail if he beats up his wife and kids. If anyone really had a brain they would take a moment to even think about WHy it became illegal in the first place, who here has looked up that information? You know why they made it illegal, to control mexicans that were being rowdy and to boost one mans reputation in the drug force field. Think not? Do some searching, it isn;t because people were killing one another while smoking it, it isn't because it was proven to be unhealthy. So we all have a differnce of opinion i can see, and that's fine, but for a group of people such as this with obvious intellignece to reduce to name calling and judging others as their source to defer someone away form doing something that they claim is wrong seems a little WRONG to me.:confused: :kookoo: :nono: :(