They Made Me Gay

MrDante

So it's 460 times more likely that if a twin is black that the other twin will also be black, than that if a twin is homosexual that the other one will also be homosexual. Correct? How's my English?

Here
0471751413.jpg

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
And since you don't seem to grasp the difference...

Typing
English
You have a coin, and a new set of identical twins being born. The first twin (you'll later find) has black hair and brown eyes. How accurate is the coin going to be in predicting whether the second identical twin also has black hair, and brown eyes?

The coin will tell you half the time to expect blond or brown or red hair, and blue or hazel or amber eyes. It is wrong half the time.

The coin will tell you accurately whether your second twin winds up being homosexual, if your first one is. For the coin to accurately predict what eye and hair color your second twin will have, it would need to come up heads 99 times out of a hundred.

marhig

on God's negative view of racial equality.

just as many people know it is wrong in God's eyes to be a homophobe

And racists agree with you and share your view that God objects to non-whites acting as social and moral equals to whites. Like you, they hate the sin but love the sinner.

Gods negative view on racial equality? What negative view? I've never read anything in the Bible that shows us that God has a negative view on the colour of our skin!

Would you like to show me chapter and verse please?

And what you say about racists is exactly that, it's a racists view, it's not God's view! And what do you mean they hate the sin but love the sinner. Why is a person a sinner just because they are black?

MrDante

You have a coin, and a new set of identical twins being born. The first twin (you'll later find) has black hair and brown eyes. How accurate is the coin going to be in predicting whether the second identical twin also has black hair, and brown eyes?

The coin will tell you half the time to expect blond or brown or red hair, and blue or hazel or amber eyes. It is wrong half the time.
A coin doesn't predict anything. And once again you are showing that you know squat about genetics.

The coin will tell you accurately whether your second twin winds up being homosexual, if your first one is. For the coin to accurately predict what eye and hair color your second twin will have, it would need to come up heads 99 times out of a hundred.

0471751413.jpg

This text is probably way to advanced for you.

Some basics in the science of probability. When you flip a coin the odds of that coin coming up heads is 1 in 2 or fifty/fifty That coin has a 50% chance of coming up heads. Suppose you flipped a coin 99 times and each time it came up heads - what are the odds that it will come up heads on the next flip?

Answer: fifty/fifty.

MrDante

Gods negative view on racial equality? What negative view?
the view that countless Christians and theologians wrote about that I mentioned before.

I've never read anything in the Bible that shows us that God has a negative view on the colour of our skin!
yet so many people have.

Would you like to show me chapter and verse please?
While there are many the most common woudl be the curse of Ham in the old Testament and the 'unequal yoke' form the New.

Now before you say that they are wrong realize that their biblical interpretations on race are just as valid as yours on sexuality.

And what you say about racists is exactly that, it's a racists view, it's not God's view! And what do you mean they hate the sin but love the sinner. Why is a person a sinner just because they are black?
you realize you just quoted the answer to this?

marhig

the view that countless Christians and theologians wrote about that I mentioned before.

yet so many people have.

While there are many the most common woudl be the curse of Ham in the old Testament and the 'unequal yoke' form the New.

Now before you say that they are wrong realize that their biblical interpretations on race are just as valid as yours on sexuality.

you realize you just quoted the answer to this?
Absolutely nothing in the Bible supports racism. Nothing!

I have asked you, but i don't think you answered me, maybe you never saw what i asked? Do you believe in God? Thanks

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Vast numbers of people disagree with you and believe that yes the bible does support racism.

got any support for that "vast" claim?

nah, of course you don't

mrdainty said:
Their belief in that is just as valid as your belief in its support of homophobia.

there's that unsupported claim again :chuckle:

marhig

marhig, this is what MrDainty's talking about: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_Ham

interesting historically, it's a bunny trail to use it to defend sexual perversion
I never knew that people saw this in that way, thanks for showing me.

But that just shows us how people misinterpret the Bible to suit their flesh doesn't it?

But what Mr. Dante fails to see is that God says that homosexuality is a sin, and it's clearly shown in the scriptures to be so. The scriptures don't teach us to be racists. What he's saying is not the truth.

marhig

Vast numbers of people disagree with you and believe that yes the bible does support racism.

Their belief in that is just as valid as your belief in its support of homophobia.
It doesn't matter what any vast numbers of people believe, no the Bible doesn't support racism!

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
A coin doesn't predict anything. And once again you are showing that you know squat about genetics.

0471751413.jpg

Some basics in the science of probability. When you flip a coin the odds of that coin coming up heads is 1 in 2 or fifty/fifty That coin has a 50% chance of coming up heads. Suppose you flipped a coin 99 times and each time it came up heads - what are the odds that it will come up heads on the next flip?

Answer: fifty/fifty.
Censored, you are so stupid. I mean like, oh my goodness are you stupid. Wow. Wow.
Censored. You are censored.

You probably believe that others here give you a hard time because of some other reason than that you are completely censored, but I'm here to tell ya,' it's you there bud. You are the reason other user accounts here treat you aggressively; it's because you deserve it.

:doh:

MrDante

It doesn't matter what any vast numbers of people believe, no the Bible doesn't support racism!

It doesn't matter what you believe, no the Bible doesn't support homophobia.

Yet you are more than willing to use the Bible to suit your wants, just like racists use the bible.